STS first time!

Hello All,
I am so glad I found this forum! I have only found Cathy about a year ago but am looking forward to Starting STS this week! I've had the system for over a month but have delayed until I could get some more exercise in. Love reading all the comments of results and strength gains. Hoping that I can keep up and that If I fall off the exercise wagon I'll get back on. I would like to lose around 30 lbs.

For Cardio I'm planning on Cathe Step video's, biking, hiking and maybe my own mix of marathon cleaning... I have to keep up with the family.:)

Hi GAMom! Si and I are starting Mesocycle 2 next week. I want to know how the marathon cleaning goes as a cardio option! :)

Missy, I didn't know you had pics of your workout room. I went and checked them out. Very nice! Now we need pics of YOU! :)

Carolyn, the Polar Caves sounds like it was a bit of a workout. Glad you're having fun!

Hello ladies
Sorry I've been so MIA lately. I've been so stressed out about events with my family. We had my nieces birthday party on Saturday and it was so awkward. Weasel/Parasite was there. Ugh. I feel like I can hardly focus long enough to type out a post but here goes. :)

Today was my usual rest day. Tomorrow I think I'll be doing one of my HC's and then Wednesday I plan on doing To the Max! I really need some stress relief! In fact, the more I think about it, I'm starting to think I may need to do some intense cardio tomorrow instead of HC to really get those endorphins flowing!

Missy- that's so awesome how sweet and supportive your hubby is! It makes all the difference in the world when you have awesome support from the spouse! I hear so many sad stories of women who work so hard to get fit and healthy only to have their significant other bring them down. I just don't understand that kind of dynamic, but I hear it all the time! Yay for good hubbies!!

Carolyn- enjoy your vacation! The workouts will be there when you get back! Your body and muscles will probably benefit from the extended rest anyway so enjoy!!

Meredith- I wonder if the smilie thing does have something to do with your browser. I know Betty has mentioned having trouble with formatting not being available when she posts like italics and bolding. The smilies are on the right side of my screen too for me to click on. I've had problems lately though where they will be there but when I go to click they don't work. Then I discovered if I press CTRL and F5, it reloads the page (make sure you save anything you wrote or you'll lose it!), then magically I can click on the smilies again. I wonder if that would do something for you guys?

GAmom- Welcome! Many of us have already done STS and yet we keep posting in this thread because we have so much fun getting to know each other and support each other! This is basically our check in! lol There are two ladies currently doing STS though and Jean does it quite often and is really knowledgeable. Plus we all are willing to give out advice or tips. Don't be afraid to pick our brains!

Marie- I hope your baby shower went well! I totally know what you mean about being totally nervous about being the center of attention. I just hate it!:eek:

Betty- I love KPC! I was on such a kickboxing kick last year and I haven't hardly done any of them lately. KPC is by far the best one on the market. Classic for sure!

Okay, better get supper on the table...TTYL!

I dont get why i have to quote someone in order to post from my tablet. Is it like that for anyone else when u post from a phone or something wireless?

I don't know but I feel so special that you keep quoting me :D I have the Cathe app on my iPod touch but I haven't tried posting from it.

I tried to do KPC today but I learned that my disk is scratched :( about 5 minutes into the warmup. Man! It kept freezing and I figured it was fate that I wasn't meant to do that workout today. I did Step Blast and the abs from SJP instead. Then I previewed TTM, which I think I will do tomorrow, but maybe without the weights.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey! Had my dr appt today and all is well. Little guy's heartrate was 140. Been real busy with getting the house organized. We finally have electricity. It was turned on on Monday so I have been busy washing dishes and doing laundry. I have a ton of baby clothes to wash. I got a great deal on Craig's list awhile back- 5 large boxes of clothes for 25 bucks. Been busy washing those and organizing them by size. My shower went great! It was so perfect! I have so many wonderful friends and family and they definitely spoiled me. I got so many wonderful gifts and a ton of diapers. We had a diaper raffle so if guests wanted they could bring a pack of diapers and then be entered in a raffle for a Target giftcard. I figured people would bring like the 36 count packs but oh no people were bringing 96 count and I even had a friend bring a 210 count. I have soooo many diapers....love it! It was a great time. No workout today. Work starts at noon. I'm a what they call a Super User for the charting system so I'm helping to teach a class on new aspects of charting. I don't work til tomorrow at 3 so I'm hoping to get a light workout in before that.

gratefuldog said:
I am enjoying my coffee on the dock at the moment.

Awww sounds soooo nice and relaxing! Nothing better! So glad you are enjoying yourself. Btw when I post from my phone I don't need to quote. I use the keys at the bottom of my phone not the ones on the actual touch screen. Then options come up and I can 'compose.' Not sure it's the same but just in case.

Good Eveing ladies!!!

Okay...I just uploaded a few pics of me!!! Have a look!

Be back in an hour or two...off to exercise....I am running behind!!! Gotta get my workout it!!!! :p

Missy you are such a cutie! I love it!:D

Today I did To the Max extreme premix minus the solid step (55 minutes). That's a great premix actually. I like the step part in AT but for some reason I get a little dread doing a similar thing in TTM. I really really needed those endorphins! :eek:

Gotta run! TTYL ladies!

Okay...I'm back!!! Just finished CSS!! Just love that one!!! I love the prisioner squats, puddle jumpers, squats with kicks. I just love it!!!

Colleen---I hope you can relax and take you mind off your family trauma tonight!!! You need a "colleen" day!!!

Thanks to all for such nice comments!!!

Have a nice night!!! :)

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to say I did some cardio (my current favorite S&G) and yoga/stretching today and it felt so good to sweat!!! Colleen, I really start to feel the endorphins when I break a good sweat. Love that!!! Yesterday the day got away from me and I didn't workout, but Sunday I did one of Cathe's stretching videos. Tomorrow will be more cardio and yoga/stretching or pilates. Have a good night everyone. ;)

Missy- You are too cute! Love that dress too :)

Jean- Happy bday to your mom...94 :) Sorry to hear about your dog :( Hope she feels better soon. The diapers are all different sizes thank goodness!

Colleen- That premix sounds great. I can't wait to try those workouts. Couple more months!

Si- Way to get in a good sweat and stretch. I have got to get better at stretching one of these days. I used to do yoga once a week but now that I'm not at the gym anymore I'm just not too interested in it.

Tomorrow I work at 3 and am planning to get a workout in. It will be the first one in my new workout space :)

Another quick check-in from me to say... I couldn't do it today. The alarm went off (well, it went off a lot because I kept hitting snooze) and I was just.so.tired. So, TTM will have to wait. I may try to get a yoga workout in this afternoon, but my workout space is in my garage and it will be too hot later to try to do cardio out there.

Missy, thanks for posting the pics! Like everyone said, you are a total doll! It's so nice to see you!

Everyone else, have a great day! I'll try to check in more later, but I have to run now, since I slept in.

Hi ladies!

OMG, it's Wednesday and the humidity has returned!:mad: I just want to scream. At least we had a wonderful 2-day break. Why do I even try to do step in humidity?? I pulled out LICh and finished the first combo, and as usual, cannot seem to grasp the second combo, so I gave up in frustration! I put in 4DS KB. Colleen, I suppose this is like when you use portions of different workouts.

Mer, don't feel bad for sleeping in. You and your body need a break, and will benefit from it. I hope your son's HFM is gone and he's feeling better. I also hope your KPC scratch is simply a huge food smudge:D. That is one great workout!

Jean, congrats to your mom! 94 is amazing! I hope your dog is feeling better too.

Carolyn, I do press Post Reply on bottom left, but have no smilies on the right. Moreover, I don't have to quote to reply on my iPod Touch. (Mer, try using it--it's really cool.)

What browser does everyone use? I use Mozilla, and maybe that's why I don't have some of the features others seem to have.

Carolyn, your vacation sounds so fun thus far. Enjoy it and don't worry about the exercising! Hope you mined a huge piece of bling that can be cut into a pendant, earrings, and a ring!:D (That sounds like so much fun! Is it Tennessee where you can try your luck at diamonds?)

Marie, congrats on officially christening your new workout space later! How exciting! Your family and friends were so generous at your shower. The diapers will be a huge help!

Si, congrats on doing stretching workouts. That's more than some of us get in.

Missy, I look forward to seeing the pics you posted.

GAMom, welcome! Feel free to chat with us, pick our brains, vent, etc.:)

Later!

Jean, perhaps you use Internet Explorer? Does that sound familiar? Google is a website, like cathe.com.

I can't say that I ever experience a high when I do Cathe's workouts. Am I strange? I mostly feel accomplished and/or spent. That's amazing you get a high from DM! Good going on your heavier weights!

Considering the heat, what a wonderful feeling to realize it had rained! But I can understand your dismay when it feels like the humidity tripled instead of feeling it cool off:confused:!

Have a productive time at your mom's!

Last edited:
Good Evening ladies! I was so busy at work today I never go online. I was busy coding!!!

I did get up on time today....did 60 minutes on the elliptical. Did a steady climb program. It takes you up to a resistance of 9!!! I was sweating bullets!!!

Thanks for all the nice compliments!!! It truely means alot.

Betty---Where do you live again???? I am very forgetful :)....I don't think you like the humidity!!! hehehe :) It is very hot here in GA but I workout inside in the air!!! I will have to say...I have never been a fan of the cold weather, but I do like it better than these high 90's and 100's!!! I am actually looking forward to the fall!!!! Bring on the brisk air. I can't wait to open up the windows!!!

BTW...not sure if I told ya...my husband and I planted pumpkins. They are growing nicely...no pumpkins yet. But when they are growing I will take pic's. Never gown them before so this will be the first!!!

Marie---take some pics of the house and workout space!!! We want to see!!!

Carolyn---Hope you are having a relaxing vacation, you so deserve it!

Jean--I hope you baby feels better.

Okay...off the exercise!!! Be back.....

First workout in the new space today. I love it! So great! I did AT! I have tomorrow off and so does Tony so we will probably sleep in and then work on the house. I will take pictures soon :) Alright off to bed. It's late. It was a crazy day at work so didn't have much time to post. I did read everyone's posts though :)

Good Morning ladies!

Up bright and eary today! Busted through my morning cardio and had a few minutes before I have to leave for work.

My husband is thinking about doing STS. I keep telling him he can do it!!! But he is scared. He says I can't keep up with Cathe, she will kill me!!! I keep telling him he could do STS.....it's not like cardio workouts where you need to me experienced!!! hahaha.....So, I think we are going to start on Saturday together. I think if I do it with him, he will stick to it????? We will see. I just want him to become more active for his health!!!! I will keep you posted....

Marie---I am so happy for you, your new workout space. Do you have more room? Get lots of rest for the little one.....Have fun working in the house. Has Tony started decorating yet?

Okay, off to work. Check in later! Have a nice Thursday! :)

Good Morning ladies!

Up bright and eary today! Busted through my morning cardio and had a few minutes before I have to leave for work.

My husband is thinking about doing STS. I keep telling him he can do it!!! But he is scared. He says I can't keep up with Cathe, she will kill me!!! I keep telling him he could do STS.....it's not like cardio workouts where you need to me experienced!!! hahaha.....So, I think we are going to start on Saturday together. I think if I do it with him, he will stick to it????? We will see. I just want him to become more active for his health!!!! I will keep you posted....

Marie---I am so happy for you, your new workout space. Do you have more room? Get lots of rest for the little one.....Have fun working in the house. Has Tony started decorating yet?

Okay, off to work. Check in later! Have a nice Thursday! :)

It's way more space! I love it! I now don't have to worry about running into beams when I do cardio! He hasn't started decorating yet but today should be the day. We both have it off so we are going to get down to business here in a bit. We had a lazy morning. No workout for me today.

That is great that your hubby is considering STS. Hope it works out! I keep trying to convince Tony to do it with me. He used to workout but hasn't in forever. A few weeks ago he wanted me to put him through a 15 minute weight session and I had him moving...no breaks if you're only doing 15 minutes. He was sore for days! I loved it!

Have a good day at work :)

Marie---too funny! That is what Tim is afraid of. He said between you and Cathe I will not be able to get up the next day! hehehe :) I told he was just afraid I would put him to shame!!! hahaha :) I will let ya know!

It sure has been quiet here lately! Where is everyone?

Missy, why, how did you ever guess I don't like humidity?!:D I live in the Boston area. I know that other areas of the country get it worse, but it's bad enough for me.

That would be so awesome if Tim does STS! Tell him we say go for it! I want to hear that you both started it on Saturday!;) He can do it! He'll stick to it because you're there. (My 19-y.o. is on Meso 3 week 2.)

Do you grow zucchini? Any hints on that? Pumpkins are neat!

Marie, that is just so exciting that you have your own space for working out. I am ecstatic for you! Not to mention the couple time that you must cherish these last few months before the baby comes!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.