STS first time!

Good Morning to all! I am behind my schedule today. Normally I always do my cardio in the am. But, this morning I was trying to beat the storms. I got up and headed to Publix to get my groceries. And, I just about made. Was loading the groceries and the sky fell. (I got soaked)

I just got home and put all the groceries away. Now I am off to do my cardio.

Buy the way---yes I have DOMS in my legs today!!! (Thanks Disc#9)

We are under tornato warning/watches all day. It is raining so, I will be in doors all day!!! The weather is predicted to get worse as the day goes on.

Check in later!!!:D Hope everyone has a lovely day!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe, missy! I was born and raised in Kansas, so I know what you are going through.

I'm glad that others had problems with trying to move around rotation workouts into the next month in workout manager. When I tried to move disk 20 into March, I somehow deleted it altogether, so my STS ticker will be off until I get disk 21 done today. I still put in disk 20 as a regular workout, so it's all good.

I just spent some time reading the STS x6 days/week thread. Good stuff! I think that I will continue doing STS x3 days/wk until I finish with meso 3. Then, I think I'll pyramid back down doing STS x6. I'm not sure I'll be able to all of those pushups twice a week, but at least they'll be over quickly...just like pulling off a bandaid! :eek:

I also read that someone linked together the squat rack legs and pylo legs into one killer workout, deleting or modifying duplicate exercises, like deadlifts. For those of you who have done or are doing meso 3, is that even doable? Would you do the rack and then plyo? Or am I nutso for even contemplating it?

Linda

Whew! Just did Afterburn and a few select chapters from TurboBarre. I got that one back from a kind VF'er who offered it to me for free! I had originally traded that one on VF but decided I wanted it back. I still will have to skip a few of the moves (plies in releve kill my knees) but I think I can do parts of it as add on's for other lower body workouts. The leg lifts are killer!:eek:

Linda- I'm not familiar with the squat rack discs since I just have the Plyo legs ones so I'm not much help there. You could always attempt that and if you feel your body can't take it, just back off. You never know how far you can push yourself until you try! You just have to be wise enough to know when it is too much since you don't want to risk over training. Even if it is tough now you could always attempt it later too.
Missy- sorry you got soaked in the rain! I hope your severe weather lets up soon!
Okay gotta get in the shower! Later girls!

Hello, everyone! :)

Missy, sorry for sending bad weather your way! :eek:

Started next week's rotation a day early-did Disc 19 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. My husband comes in and heckles me when I do cardio, so I'm learning to stick to weight lifting on the weekends. :eek:

Good Evening everyone!!!! The bad weather has passed!!! It rained her all day. It is still sprinkling!!! Lots of wind and rain is what we got. I am lucky that we did not have any tornados.

I did do CCC today!!! It kicked my butt!!!

I am now off to do my run on the treadmill since I was not able to this morning!!!!:eek:

Tomorrow I am doing Tri Sets---the entire DVD (upper and lower) Yeah!!! My favorite! I can't wait!!!

Morning ladies!
Today I'm going to take another run at Michelle Dozois More Cardio Interval Burn. We'll see how it goes. I got really frustrated with the choreography and impact the other day but I think it was just me and my fuzzy ttotm brain.:eek: I have some good lower body and lower back DOMS from Afterburn and the select chapters of Turbobarre I did yesterday. Oddly I have some upper body/chest DOMS too...I swear my endurance for push ups and planks has gotten worse despite having done Meso 1! Weird, I have no idea why that would be.

I hope you had fun with your sister Jean! I can't wait to hear what you think of the LIS workouts. You could probably try a few during Meso 3 if you felt like it!
Carolyn that's so funny what you were saying about eating your turkey meatballs for so many dinners. I am terrible about eating left overs! Poor Mark usually ends up eating left overs for several days for his lunch just to eat them up and not be wasteful! I had my family over for steak dinner last night and we have several left over steaks today. I'm being good and using them for stew tonight.:)
Zippity- that's too bad your hubby bugs you during your cardio! That's what my kids do...in and out of the room, asking questions "mom...mom...mom!" "What!?!?" "What are you doing?" aaack! My husband just walks by the room once in a while and shakes his head like he can't believe I have the energy to do that stuff! Sort of like he's impressed and baffled at the same time!;)
Have a great Sunday everybody!

Good Afternoon! Today I got up and did my cardio. I then did laundry and cleaned the house. I just made a pot of potato soup for Monday's dinner. It smells so good. Now, I am doing the last of the chores I have to do. And after dinner I will attack tri sets!!!:eek:

That is so funny about everyones husbands! Mine also walks by and will say Hi or smiles or laughs. I told him the other day...he was just jelous!!! hahaha
He jokes and says I am the man in the house since I am in there lifting all those heavy weights!!!! hahaha:eek:

Chat with ya later!!!

quick question.....Does anybody have Cathe's 4 Day Split DVD's?

If so, what are your thoughts... I want to add another DVD to my collection and was wondering about this one.

Hey Missy! I don't have 4DS but Natty (Mini-Natty on here) just got it and seems to be really psyched about it. You could always pm her and ask her opinions on it.

I tried More Cardio Interval Burn and I took it out again after 7 minutes.:( I went on VF and asked people what they thought of that one and it seems that first block is notoriously hard to follow so they suggested skipping that one and just doing the rest of the workout. Soooo...I'll be trying it one more time later on this week! Today I wound up doing Kick Max instead. Love that one!!

Gotta get in the shower so I can take Dylan to soccer. Last practice! Supposedly they are going to have parents vs. kids...I totally want to skip it but Mark guilted me into going anyway!:rolleyes:

Hi Missy,
I have 4DS and really like it. It has 4 workouts which are a combination cardio/weights, with each section being about 30 minutes, for a total of 60-70 mins. So one is Kickbox/legs/core, then bootcamp/bis&tris, high intensity step/Ch&Back, low intensity step/calves&Shoulders/core. The weight workouts are heavy and are well worth the cost of the series. One of the best things about the series is the number or premixes. I can combine the weight workouts into all upper body, or total body. Cardio segments can be combined the same way, so the other day I did a kickbox/bootcamp cardio segment which was really fun. I am not into complicated step routines, and these step routines were a little complicated but I was able to figure them out after a few tries. Given the 30 minute length Cathe doesn't have time to keep repeating sections, it just made the learning curve a little longer. The cardio workouts are not super intense but give a great workout, and as I said the weight work is heavy. I highly recommend!

Mary

Colleen--Thants for the info. I did message Mini-natty---and she was very helpful.

Betty-- I have been working out 2 x a day for awhile and absolutley love it. I don't feel like my day is complete without it.

Betty and Mary---Thanks for the review on 4 day split.

Just got home from Longhorn's with the in-laws. Off to work out!!! Gotta burn extra calories tonight. Nothing you order there is healthy. HAHAHA (But no where you eat out is)

Check back later!!! Off to do tri-sets!!!:eek:

Just a quick check in. Today is my rest day. :)
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Now it's time to start another Monday!:cool:
BBL
Colleen

Good Morning!!! I did my cardio this morning like a good girl!!! haha:D

Now, I am at work, it is crazy today!!! Monday at a doctors office!!!!

Check in later!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!:p

Oh I'm so glad you liked Plyo legs Carolyn! I was doing those 4 workouts months before I even acquired Meso 1 and 2 and I love 'em! :D It's only Monday and I already miss weights!! I really really wish I had the elliptical this week for straight up cardio.:( Sometimes I just want to zone out and watch tv while I get some steady state cardio in. Oh well, Mark and I talked about trying to watch Craig's list for another one so at least he's on board with getting one now! I think he was actually looking forward to using it too:cool:...only he's doesn't necessarily want to admit it. I can tell (I know that guy so well)!

I too enjoy watching tv while doing my cardio, it seems to keep me motivated to keep going!!!

And, yes I am a crazy one for all my exercise. But, I have a desk job and if I didn't exercise the way I do I would be as big as a house!!!! And who wants to be fat? :p NOT ME!!!!!

I actually enjoy exercising!!! So, I look forward to my Cathe workouts, because I am now starting to really love weights. Before I was just a cardio girl. But now I look forward to the heavy lifting. I also like the toned look!!!

Be back later!!! :D

Ah yes, the I won't eat my dinner but badger my parents for dessert routine. We get that alot around here!:rolleyes: My son is especially bad. He is so skinny and picky about eating anything but he has the most hard core sweet tooth I've ever seen! I was so good about breast feeding and when he was a baby I bought all organic baby food and pushed the vegetables...I thought somehow that would magically make him a healthy eater...NOT! LOL Once he turned 2 it was all over...if it is green he won't touch it! Oddly, though, I just realized green is his favorite color! If only I could get that to cross over to food!:p

Rest week is tough...I can't decide what work out to do tomorrow! STS gives my schedule such a great structure. I used to be rotationally challenged and now I realize I like having at least a loose plan to follow.:)

Off to make dinner! Good night girls!
Colleen

Just a quickie! ;)

I cannot believe that I only have 2 workouts left in meso 2. I was hoping that somehow, miraculously, I would not suck at pushups in disk 22....sigh...won't stop me from trying.

Carolyn, aren't all young girls devil girls?? We probably were too, but won't admit it. :p I remember my folks banishing my sister to go sit in the garage because she wouldn't eat her brussell sprouts.

Good evening!!!

I had the craziest day. My office was slammed from the momment I walked in the back door this morning. I swear...people think they are dying when we are closed on the weekend. Everyone calls and or walks in like we are a walk in clinic!!! :mad: I was at the office 30 minutes late today, just so I could close up.

Well, not that my stressful day is over. I can relax. I just finished Disc#10 and also done premix#9 on intensity.

I am now off to shower and put on my PJ's.

Hope your daughter calms down and is in a better mood tomorrow. And, make sure you get your run in tomorrow.:)

Luckily my husband and I do not have any children, we just have the animals that drive us insane. (But, we love them.):D

Have a lovely evening!!!

Good Morning!!

I got up this morning and did my cardio. I then left the house to come to work. I had to stop by Walmart on the way for a few things for the office. Well, they have all the easter candy out...and I had to keep walking. I wanted some Mini-Robin eggs so bad. But, I knew if I bought them I would in the entire bag in a day! That is my flaw!!! So, I am now at work and am proud of myself for not buying any!!!:)

Carolyn---Keep up the good work. You are really moving today!!!! Running, and STS. Good Job!!!:)

Have a nice day everyone!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.