STS first time!

I use butter and brown sugar with butternut squash! (After I roast in the oven, I scoop it out then add that.) Just taste your sweet potatoes and adjust the butter and sugar.
Those pies sound de-lish!

Good morning, friends! TGIF!:D The snow should be here shortly; will start out as rain.
I whipped out X52 today, and boy, I haven't worked out with cardio that hard in a long time. High impact and intensity. My face was flushed! I figured I'll blast some calories before the big meal.

Carolyn, that ice cream pie sounds scrumptious! Any recipe? Anything with coffee ice cream and oreo you can't miss.

Jean, that casserole sounds delish too! It's no wonder we get fat from Thanksgiving till New Year. These rich sweet desserts we can't resist.

Mary, is oldest dd back yet? I hope you didn't get stuck in the 57-mi back up in the Mass Turnpike last evening.

Good morning!

I am taking the day off today to get ready for tomorrow. So much to do! Oldest dd is home, yay! All feels right again. We have to squeeze in her birthday celebration this weekend as well, in between her getting together with all of her friends.

I did XT bis and tris this morning. Such a gloomy day.

Betty I had not even heard - a 57 mi backup? No I did not get stuck in that thank goodness.

Better get going and start my errands before the storm hits. I don't think we are supposed to get much but I would rather be home anyway.

Hiho. A wet slushy sleety mess out there. I worked till 2:30 and had piano at 3:30. Driving, I slid around a couple of times. Thankfully no one was near me.
Now just sitting by the fire with ds1 and dh. Leftovers for dinner. It's Wednesday but it sure feels like a Friday, what with the cumulative fatigue and all. At least we can sleep late, but when do I do my 3 dishes? Pie tomorrow, mushrooms and compote tonight.
Enjoy this evening. With a 4-day weekend stretched out in front of you, it's so peaceful, or something.

Hysterical, Jean!

Coincidence, Carolyn! Dh made meatballs on the slow cooker! Finished other leftovers too. And had 2 maple cookies (thus it begins, the sugar craving!).

We saved Amazing Race to watch with ds1. We got only 2 of them in, and then they returned to binge-watching Breaking Bad. It's my cue to go make my compost.

Sweet Potato Casserole

8 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed ( I bake mine, it is much easier)
3/4 stick of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix altogether and put into greased 9x13 casserole dish

Topping:
1 stick butter at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
Mix first 3 ingredients altogether until crumbly, add pecans and put over the sweet potatoes and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30-40 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is browned.

This is my neighbors recipe. These are so good. Everyone asks her for this recipe. Maybe this will help with measurements.
We were going to make a version this for tomorrow but....

Tony is sick! Like worse than what I was. We just couldn't go and expose everyone, not to mention he feels horrible.

My mom was in town last night. She flew to CO this morning to visit my sister. Her, B and I stayed in a hotel cuz we didn't want her exposed to dh. She wouldn't have minded otherwise but my sister is pregnant, not to mention my 2yo niece. We would have felt horrible if they got sick.

We did Travel Fit this morning. Great for the hotel room. B and I went back after we dropped her off at the airport and took advantage of the pool.

Carolyn....hmmm ketones....that's an odd one. I wonder what type of person would be low on those. They are toxic acids that build up in the blood or urine when someone's diabetes isn't controlled.

If I don't chat before it have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Last edited:
Ha! I just realized I said compost. My guys, the Peanut gallery, have called it compost for as long as I can remember so I didn't even blink twice.

Oh no, Marie! Poor Tony! I hope he gets well fast fast!
You and mum are so awesome. I did X10 thinking of her!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and to all!
xoxo

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends! xoxo. What Jean said too.
Happy 3-yr anniversary! I can't believe it!
Had a huge brunch, just the four of us. Bacon included. Oink. Get it?:D
Wow, what a deal with Kohl's. I'm going to have to look.
I hope Tony is better.

Good morning and happy thanksgiving....yes im a day late....but I was swamped yeserday and Tim was sick most of the morning....migraine....yuck!!!!

Today is the day I shall decorate my tree....after the horse vet leaves....she should be here st 10:30 for shots!

Last night I did do some shopping on Victoria secret!!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!

Have you already ordered from kohls???? I have some coupon codes for 20%
Nov 28th.... use code 3320hyg
Nov 29th... use code egb20bf
Free shipping over $25 11/29-12/3

These may work....I got them off a secret Facebook group....my couponing stuff!Lol

Be back soon!!!!

Hello, my friends. Mine and dh's first Friday off since Napa.
Did everyone have a great Thanksgiving? I didn't overeat yesterday. There is just so much food that it has the opposite effect on me. You pile on a little bit of everything and it doesn't add up to too much.
No workout for me today. (Nice job, Jean!!!)
Forgot my cream for today's fresh pot of DD coffee though:confused:. Will have to get some later.
Anyone going to Black Friday sales? Insanity, I know.
Missy, poor Tim. Do you know what his migraine triggers are?
Anyone notice that all the Cathe sale/deals are the same ones over and over??

Last edited:
STS disc 26 Plyo Legs this morning. Always a winner. Betty I forgot to answer your question about working out with B. Our basement is pretty big. A quarter is my workout area and a quarter his play area. He mostly stays in that area but does like to come to my area. I set up his step. I have two :) He knows to stay off mommy's and to leave my weights alone. He LOVES to play with my exercise ball :) Also I only do certain workouts...Hiit being the easiet. No complex step moves. No barbell. I move to an open space and modify if needed. Today I did puddle jumpers and reached for him when jumping to the one side. He loved it. I definitely try to involve him with jump, touching knees and such. He knows who Cathe is and whenever I ask if he wants to workout he is all about it :)

We were supposed to go cut down a tree today but Tony is still sick. Ugh he just can't kick this thing.

Missy Thanks for the codes. I'm interested too in which Facebook group you use. I use The Krazy Coupon lady....I think she's MN based. Hope Tim feels better. I couldn't imagine a migraine...even a slight headache is annoying and I know they don't even compare.

Jean Have fun cyber shopping :) I bet your tree is beautiful!

Carolyn How were your sweet potatoes? Jean I made that casserole....Yum! Tasted like dessert. B loved it :)

Mom baby unit today :) I discharged 2 couplets (mom + baby = couplet) and now I have one left.

So B is now sick :( Tony is better but my poor little man was throwing up last night. It was the saddest thing. He was fine all day and then I brought him in to brush his teeth and he looked a little pasty. Suddenly he just vomits right in the sink :( Then he kept waking up and dry heeving. I just wish I could be sick instead of him. I almost called into work but I knew Tony was going to be with him. I guess he is way better this morning. Tolerating liquids and had a piece of toast. I called him during my break and you'd have never known he was sick. They are just going to have a relaxing day.

We are going to decorate the tree tonight. Should be fun!

Good memory Carolyn! Yup she has a girl and she will for sure be finding out the sex. She is a planner. I'm guessing it's another girl although I'm secretly hoping it's a boy because they are so much fun :) Girls are too of course but I think I'm partial because of B ;) I loved finding out the first time around but I plan on being surprised this next time. Tony can't graduate soon enough. I'm ready!

Hmmm what else?! Not much! Have a great day everyone.

Just me again all by my lonesome. Just finished a 30m walk during my break. Got a morning one in too.

Drinking a latte now :)

Tomorrow dh is going to the noon football game with a friend so B will be at his dad's. Tony is going to pick him up on his way home so I may get a workout in tomorrow after work depending on the timing of everything.

I had a salad for work with chicken, light ceaser dressing and a few croutons. YUM! Everyone else ordered pizza. Smells good but I'm glad I said no thanks ;)

Alright someone check in please ;)

I'm at work til 3:30 with a very independent mom and a sleeping baby.

Carolyn- That's nice of you to donate to the school. I'm sure they will go to people who are in need.

Did you buy anything good during your cyber shopping?

Do you ladies do real or fake trees?

We were going to do real but dh was sick the day we were going to cut one down so we are going to do the fake one we got from his mom. I'm kind of bummed because I always grew up with a real one but oh well. It will be cleaner. That being said....we will be getting a real one next year!!!!!!

Jean- Did you do STS today?

Missy- What was your workout?

Ok I really need to quit haha! Like Betty says do you guys actually have a life or something?! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.