STS first time!

Rachel are you out there? how do you get that sts progress thing at the bottom of your posts? I want one!

Still here! I don't always have time to post something, but I try and keep up with everyone. My workouts have been going great. I just finished LIS Athletic training, although I think that the weights were a bit too much after disc 8 yesterday, so I just moved through most of it without weights. Even then my arms were tired, but now at least they feel much looser.
I did Turbo Barre on Tuesday as well, so I'm kind of feeling it everywhere right now!

I'm trying to include at least 2 ab workouts a week, sometimes ab circuits and sometimes from another dvd. I have to do them first though, if I wait until after I've already done my other workout, I'm too spent. That's what happened when I was doing P90x too. So if any of you are having trouble fitting them in, give that a try.

You can find the little STS ticker in the workout manager, on the top where it says "Cathe Fun"

~R

Hello Ladies! I'm doing STS again for the 2nd time, did Disc 2 this am those pullups are tough! For some of you who hasnt done Disc 9 be prepare! You'll know what I'm talking about the next day!

Carolyn - My 2.5 yr old daughter is in full-time daycare. So she's at school on the days I work at home. I couldn't work at the intensity I do with kids at home. And my manager wouldn't think too much of it either, I would suspect. I know some people do it, but I can't imagine I could be productive that way. I have done it when the kids are sick, but I don't do it on a regular basis. :)

I am just starting to notice some muscle definition in places I've never seen it before! Yay! Especially in my arms. Even when I was at my lowest weight in college I always felt like I had flabby arms - that's changing now:)

What about the rest of you? Can you see/feel a difference yet?

Rachel

I jinxed myself yesterday when I told a friend that I wasn't too sore after legs in week 1. After week 2 legs yesterday, I was sore this morning. Then it got progressively worse throughout the day...I could literally feel the DOMS setting in. My quads, hamstrings, and glutes are fried. Good thing today was an off day. Drank a protein shake w/ recovery stuff in it for a 4:00 snack today. Loving it though. This is gonna take things to a whole new level.

Hello-

I am still here! I completed the 2nd week yesterday. I had to take Thursday (cardio day) off, my husband had minor surgery (vein ablation). Even though he was alert after the op, I had to drive for the following 24 hours. I spent Thursday afternoon getting scrips filled, getting food, errands, etc... It was hard for me to sneak my workout in once my son came home from school.

OK-I need to stop drinking wine. My eating is great, my drinking is not. Even though I am losing weight, I still need to stop or limit myself to a couple of glasses at the weekend.

I need more dumbells. I maxed out at 30# for the one arm rows this week and 30# each (60#) total for squats and deadlifts. Ugh. This is getting incredibly expensive for me. LOL

LOL! I love my wine too...and sometimes even a beer. And I'm always making skinny-drinks. Those are my fave...low cal versions of martinis and margaritas. But I am usually good about stopping at 2. Drinking can quickly negate all of our hard work. But everything is ok in moderation...that's my motto. ;)

gratefuldog said:
By the way....whoever the person was who warned about disc 9 was so right! My hamstrings and rear end are sooooo sore today. Instead of a run today I had to walk!!!! Had to be those disc exercises. I LOVE DOMS!!!!
PS: I am off to Walmart to buy more weights! Kmart is having a HUGE sale on them, but they only go up as high as 20lbs. Hope walmart has some 35's and 40's!

Hehehe! That was me! Oh also disc 17 is bad!
I also looking for 35# & 40#, let me know if u find one.
I'm on my 2nd week of STS! Loving it! Lost 2lbs that I gained from the holiday. Yippe!

I think fitness equipment is a little overpriced right now. About a week ago, the turbo tower was $79 at Walmart, I went to buy it on Monday and it was up to $97. :confused: I am going to wait a few weeks to see if the price returns to normal after the New Year's crowd settles down.

Our recovery week is supposed to be no heavy weights. Your muscles need to rest and recover before shocking them again in Meso 2. I've heard that Cardio and yoga are fine.

Personally I'm thinking of maybe 3 cardio days and 2-3 yoga days. That should give me the fix I need but while letting my muscles prepare for another 4 intense weeks. I'm craving Athletic Training but have been avoiding it so far because of the strength moves in it. I stay plenty sore from STS weights alone. But Athletic Training might be ok for one of my cardio days in recovery week. ;)

Also, about the Elmo style pushups... I started about 1 week behind most of you so I did disc 7 today. Those pushups are in Drill Max too, although she doesn't call them that. I love them! Very challenging and different. Today was killer! I did most of the pushups on my knees but got through probably 95% of them. There must be like 150 pushups in that workout...without actually counting/adding.

When looking for weights, check out any used merchandice places, like goodwill etc. Around us we have somewhere that buys and sells used things for cash and I found some heavier dumbbells there for about $.60/lb. But it's hit or miss. It's not so bad paying $1/lb when your just getting 12s or 15s, but when it's up around 30s it can really get expensive!

Have any of you been watching CatheTV at the start of every week? What do you think?

Off to start week 4!

~Rachel

Hello-
Checking in with disc 7 and the 1st express premix of AfterBurn.

Ugh. I am going to need more dumbells. I need a job to support my STS habit.

If you go to Cathe TV Cathe has a video check-in for the start of each sts week. There's tips about form and what to expect in the coming week.

By the way - after the weight increase yesterday (disk 10) I can barely lift my arms!
I really want to just finish one of these chest/shoulders/biceps workouts without having to resort to table-top pushups by the end!

~R

Last edited:
Thanks Rachel....I'll for sure be checking that out. At the gym now without headphones so probably wouldn't be the best time to watch it. And speaking of...yes I'm at the gym on the stairs...ugh! Trying to get better at doing my cardio here since I chickened out and didn't put my membership on hold as planned. Hubby says he would like to start going again too so looks like or should I say hopefully that will happen. Missing cathe today though! Variety is good though, right?! Plus it will give me a chance to catch up on my magazines that have been collecting dust. Hour on the stairs followed by 10 min of abs. Back to STS tomorrow....can't believe this is the last week of Meso 1. Carolyn....how did your abs go? Did you do a video segment or just on your own?

I am still super sore today from Monday's workout! I think I was engaging a lot of tris on those pushups - going to do cardio and then disk 11 tomorrow.

Carolyn - I think I'll do a week of yoga. Which could be relaxing or not - I'm hoping for both. My main goal is to do something that works on flexibility.
~R

I did Athletic Step yesterday for the first time and I liked it. It was easy for me to pick it up (and that is saying something). I am following the STS/Shock Cardio Rotation. I have all except Step Moves and MMA Boxing, I might download them later today. Today is Disc 8 and a walk outside before a snow storm comes in. It is going to be 50+ today, but a storm is supposed to move in later tonight. Freaky weather.

I am definitely doing the recovery week. I have been doing 6 days of cardio/week and I feel like a week of yoga and lower intensity cardio here and there will help me recharge for the next meso.

My weight loss has stalled. I lost 4.5 lbs in December and now I've stopped. My clothes are getting loose on me though and my grandma stopped in yesterday and commented that I had gotten very thin. :rolleyes: I don't think I am thin at all! LOL! I wish I had taken measurements at the beginning, because I am beginning to think I might not lose much weight, but I will still lose fat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.