STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

TGIF!!!!!Last night's Crossfire Extreme really kicked my butt! I solved one of the core problems I was having: the side turning planks where your hands are on the weights (those really hurt my hands!), I just put my hands on the floor and picked the weight up for the turning part and then put the weight down and then my hand on the floor rather than resting my hands on the weights the whole time. MUCH BETTER!!!! I was so tired after dinner at 8pm, that I went to bed and fell asleep around 9pm (but I know I was still metabolizing like crazy!!:eek:)! We are talking one tough workout! I know if I can do it, you guys can do it ;) !!!

Natasha, no way would I hate you for not liking a Cathe DVD :rolleyes:! Everyone has their own way of grooving, right :p? I am not that experienced with yoga and as a beginner I've really enjoyed both Cathe DVDs. My first yoga DVD was the Firm Power Yoga and I really enjoyed it even though it was pretty basic; however, I find Cathe's Yoga Relax to be more effective as a "chill out" workout. I am not very flexible so Yoga Max can be one that I can grow into. My hammies and IT band are wound pretty tight and my range of motion used to be rather limited. It has really improved since I've been doing Cathe and perfoming deadlifts with heavy weight, and the STS extended stretch really helped too (along with my foam roller that nobody will ever pry out of my hands)!!! I think I prefer yoga moves to kind of flow into one another in a continuous movement. What are some of your favorite yoga moves? Are there any specific yoga exercises that you do for your back (BTW, I'm sorry that it is acting up on you again!).
Gina, you have me SO HUNGRY for fresh veggies!!!! A few folks at work have been kind enough to share some of their bounty...I really love all the variety that is coming in!
I liked your walk/jog/sprint method a lot! It sounds like an awesome way to get acclimated to running. What is the terrain like where you run? Is it hilly or flat or a combo of both? My husband loves sprinting up hills for interval training. He runs a lot and has been incorporating a "Tabata" type training 2x per week (he was impressed by how drenched our living room carpet is after I do Tabata!). I think if you keep up the type of regimine that you've been doing, those pesky "insulating layers" will abandon ship in no time! Have you been modifying "The Brute" rotation very much? How was the appetite after your interval run?

Tonight will be STS Disc 20 Legs and Ab Circuits Weights & Plates. I hope I can stay awake at least until the streetlights come on :p!

Hello! Last night I did do the CTX All Upper Body w/o. yea me :D What a lil unexpected surprise! This is the first w/o since STS that I couldn't keep matching Cathe. I really fatigued my tris and bis. they were the last 2 areas to be worked so maybe cuz they are all strung together I prefatigued them? Cuz only one area is worked after a CTX cardio. I dunno but I am feeling the DOMS especially in my bis and tris but my chest, shoulders, and back too!! wowser! I'll have to keep this w/o in mind to revisit.

Today was another run/walk alternating longer jog times of either 4 or 8 minutes. Ugh...the long runs get boring. I like the intervals cuz they go fast as you are always switching things up, but that's the goal is to run Gina!! I followed it up with STS TB Lower Body premix that one sure is fast and furious like M1! and I also did the legs from Muscle Max (very short premix) as it had leg presses and plie squats that STS didn't have. I can't believe I am still walking cuz I did weights right after running. Im crazy :eek:

Nancy Im sure you needed the extra sleep after CF Extreme!! You rock tho for doing it! Someday...
I did modify my "Brute" rotation (LOL on your name for it....I love it actually!) I took out the Hiit (as I originally said I prob wld) and replaced it with either a walking DVD by Leslie Sansone or a Cathe step. With all the running and intervals from that I think Im incorporating my own Hiit. when it came for the day to do Hiit, my body just asked for me to be nice to it. I have done everything else as marked except I missed one running session d/t my schedule. and I swear my legs are ever so slightly starting to slim from doing lower body 5x/wk. I noticed my shorts weren't as tight around my thighs :D

Yes, I really liked doing that walk/jog/sprint and will do it once weekly. I need variety!! I mainly do my runs on my treadmill which helps my knees and low back. Running around my condo is just crazy with the traffic. I did go to the park once which has hills and I ran on the gravel path next to the road which felt good compared to the blacktop but it is a 45min roundtrip so time usually doesn't allow that. I shld look into other paths closer cuz I need more outside time to prep for my races.

Everyday I eat somethin from the garden at most of my meals...I will be going thru withdrawal in the fall!! And day 3 of doing better with my meals (to attack those "insulating layers" ;)). I am back to calorie counting (thanks to Natasha's nudge:cool:) and I finally created a plan that is satisfying yet should yield results.

Day 3 for my Fitdesk. My intense soreness "down there" is a notch better today :eek: I know it will adapt in time. Im liking it more than I thought I would. It is so easy just to sit here, type and ride as I am now. Then at night, I bike for an hour as I watch a tv show. It burns about double the calories as when I would just be sitting. I can read while on it too which I do a lot of!

Nancy I did try to rig up my own treadmill desk with my step bench actually! It does work!! but I get dizzy with reading while walking and my feet hurt from plantar fascitis if Im on them too much so that's why I went this route. I'll prob try it again, but I found I wasn't doing it after 2 times and so far Im doing the bike every day (and I hope it continues as the novelty wears off ;)) Exercise equipment and DVDs are my splurges. I don't really spend much besides on that stuff. Which is good right?! ;)

May you stay awake to finish your w/o!! You should have some energy in ya after that nice, loonnnggg sleep last night ;)

Natasha, Justina, Dawn hello to all of ya and hope things are going well :) Nancy and I will hold down the fort until you guys get back :D

G

Hi everyone,
How are you doing? I made it through the week. Looks like everyone is still rocking the workouts! :D I missed few days this week and it made a difference in my mood. So tonight I'm picking back up on STS. YES! I'm excited.

Gina, so glad you got the fitdesk! :rolleyes: It sounds pretty awesome. I'm still using the ball and yes, I bought the ball to all of my meetings this week.
People were asking about it and I explained to them why I use it part time. I even got one lady doing it at work too! :D

So as I continue on to STS I have to ask you ladies a question. I haven't seen growth in size since I started STS. My arms are a little more defined but did not grow in size. How do I achieve that kind of results for my upperbody? I don't want huge arms but I want bigger and more defined muscles. Any thoughts?

Have a good weekend!

Justina

Hello everyone :)

Thursday's w/o was PUB. Before I did the workout, I knocked out some push-ups, 21 consecutive on my toes :D. Taking my back into consideration, I had to sub some of the moves which I found to be straining on it. Double arm rows were a no-go, so I did 1 arm rows instead. Same w/double arm kickbacks. For some reason, I have never liked pull-overs. Besides from not really feeling it in my back like I should, I'm always afraid the weight is going to come crashing down on my face :eek:. I subbed with pull/chin-ups on my tower in a supine position and bent knee. It was a great workout all in all. My back is feeling much better now.

Is Anyone here familiar with Cardio Coach? I was looking at his Pump workout and it looks pretty cool. I like that all his stuff is downloads. I'm just wondering if I can do his other cardio w/o's without any indoor cardio equipment. Maybe he will inspire me to start running outdoors, who knows.

Today's w/o will be a kick-butt cardio, as I'm undecided. Perhaps Crossfire :eek:.

Gina
I've only liked two Yoga's: The Biggest Loser (TBL) Weight Loss Yoga & Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. They are both Power Yoga, which means very fast flowing, keeps the HR up, very little spiritual aspect, more athletic-style. Those are my go-to's :D. Love em'!
WTG on those walk/run intervals! Did I mention I admire runners? I think I did :D. You've inspired me to *try*. I'm just not sure when :confused:.
That's great you are starting to count calories. I know how hard that must be for you (heck anyone that's not Gwyneth Paltrow :confused::rolleyes:). I'm confident if you are accurate in your #'s, you will see the scale go down :).
I love your mix & match combo's! It's amazing how creative we can get with Cathe :cool:.
I also need to work my legs at least 2X/week + plyo to see results. I'm so happy you are noticing thinner thighs!!!

Nancy
You are AMAZING for doing all those extreme premixes :eek:. The hands on the weights in plank, going into side plank, is actually on Bob Harper's Pure Burn DVD. Gosh I used to HATE that one!
You would LOVE The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga! If I could save any DVD in a fire (along w/my Cathe's!) I would save that one! I actually love all the warrior poses (including 3 which is INSANE!!), crescent pose, tree pose, side planks (did I just say that??). I love Crow Pose too, but I have yet to be able to stay in that position without falling over :eek:. It's by far the hardest for me.
Yes, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep.

Justina
I'm so happy people are actually interested in your ball now! And you've inspired another to start using one. That's awesome :cool:
Hmmm, bigger arms? That's a good question. I don't think I can give you the most accurate info on that. Why not ask in the Ask Cathe forum? I might be wrong on this, so don't take my word on it, but to have bigger muscles, you *may* need to have a higher body fat %. Jillian on her show Daily Dose, actually says protein powder, if taken in higher volumes, will make you bigger (gain weight, more muscles). But most women don't want that, so she advises to use protein powder wisely. Here is the link, perhaps it will be helpful:
Protein Shakes: Good or Bad?
Good luck!

Have a great w/e ladies!!

Hi ladies, I'm wiped out just reading about your workouts!! I finished STS on August 5th!!! My arms look TOTALLY different. They were thin but firm before, but now I've got some fierce definition! I have to get around to posting a picture for proof!

I spent the past couple of weeks running and getting acquainted with Cathe's newest DVDs. I'm not going to lie. I thought Crossfire was HARD. For some of the segments, I needed waaaaay more than 10 seconds to get my breathing under control! At least the push-ups came easier thanks to STS! Also, I thought misplaced my blue firewalker band (I assumed it was the light resistance one since they were using it for air jacks) and when I found it in my "crate of stuff", I realized it was the HEAVY resistance band! Oy! The only thing that kept me going is knowing that Cathe is a year or two older than me! Age is just a number right?

I plan to do STS again and I'll be better prepared this time (with pace weights, a weighted vest, palm pads for wrist support during push ups and definitely more stretching/yoga).

How long do y'all think you'll wait before you tackle STS again? I plan on running in a 10K on 10/13 so I may schedule STS around that (ie. race during recovery week). I'm going to read through the STS threads to see how long others waited before jumping into round two. I really loved having a printed workout card and following a specific weight training schedule!

Gina, I also replied to you in that older thread...glad to see you're still running!!! Run/walk intervals are the way to go. I've discovered over the years that with running, less is more. When I ask more of my body than it's capable of delivering, I end up with some chronic injury!

I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like, but I just wanted to say that it's good to know there are other enthusiastic Cathe fans out there and that Cathe's workouts give us confidence which spills into other areas of our lives as well!

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember what I did these past few days :eek:. Friday was a rest day, but we went to a Park called Fairy Lake. It's really pretty with lots of nice trails, playgrounds, pond w/geese & ducks. You know how much I love walking outdoors, so I enjoyed myself tremendously.

Sat was a Crossfire premix (fitness blast+plyo Tabata) + Intensity hiit high/low section (love those hiit's!!!). We also went to a street festival here in our city called Carrot Fest. Lots of food, fun & games. It's named "Carrot" because our city Bradford, is the Carrot capital of Canada or North America, something like that :D.

Sunday I needed damage control from all the food I sampled :eek:. So instead of Muscle Max, I did BM2 blasts circuit w/leg weight work+ upper body. Total time 60min or so. I love the music in it!! I had to refrain from busting some dance moves :D:eek:.

Cathy
Congrats on completing STS and the rockin' UB muscle definition!! YES, pics please :D.
Tackle STS again? Good question. I probably won't do another full rotation until next year...but then I'll have Xtrain and for sure want to test that sucker out asap :D. So many options, so little time.
Crossfire is a toughie that's for sure! I'm surprised at how well I can keep up, and my cardio endurance is not too shabby if I do say so myself ;). Does that mean I would be a good candidate for running? Perhaps in the future I could take a jab at it :cool:.

Have a great one ladies!

**I'm back and editing this post cuz' I wanted to tell you guys about a cardio premix I made in the w/o Blender! It's Afterburn (my fav circuits) + Plyo Legs D26 (plyo only) + Cardio Super-Sets, alternating workouts & circuits!!! It's about 40min in length. I usually refrain from using the w/o because of the glitches, but this one was ok (new workouts are easier to make). It took about 2hrs, not too bad. I might try this tonight and let you guys know how it turned out**

Last edited:
Hello Ladies!!!
My apologies for not keeping up with the posts :eek:! Nice to hear that everyone is hitting it hard! Congratulations to Cathy for conquering STS and getting great results! It was wonderful of you to stop by and fill us in on your accomplishment! While I haven't been doing STS exclusively after I finished, I have incorporated it into the rotation that I'm doing now. I'm alternating weeks of M2 with Gym Styles and adding on upper body exercises from Hgh Reps and Total Body Trisets. I hit legs @x too by adding a day of Butts n Guts, Plyo Legs, or Lower Body Blast. Boy is it paying off! I work each body part out 2x per week and am seeing some good definition developing! I think this is a better way for me to work out! The cardio is really helpig me lean out, too! I did Plyo Legs last night and felt stronger and able to really get into the moves!

Did anyone read Cathe's blog about working out your calves? I found that VERY interesting. I want to incorporate that into my rotation somehow! I have puny calves :p!

Natasha, your custom blended workout sounds great! Can't wait to get your review! I love hearing about your experiments!
Gina, are you going to take a recovery week during your rotation? I don't remember seeing one listed ;)! I keep adding on to my rotation, but I will be taking a break in September for a few days of hiking. I feel pretty good right now, but I really enjoy those rest days once a week!

Well, that's it for now...I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing!
Rest Day Today!!!!!:D:rolleyes:

Hi All !! Wow. I had a busy w/e with family. Then I had to prepare and attend a Worker's Comp hearing yesterday. So time for me was quite limited the past few days, but I got my w/os in :D I'll give you a run down of what I've done:
Saturday I did High Step Challenge. I really like circuits as they keep me breathin and sweatin and they go by so fast with all the changing back and forth.
Sunday I did a 3 mile Leslie Sansone walk as my recovery day.
Monday was a 4DS High Intensity Circuit. It only included upper body so I did 4DS Legs and Calves afterwards to round it out.
Today, was my long run of 4 miles which I accomplished by doing cycles of jogging 5 minutes with a 1 minute walk. That minute sure flies by! but it is amazing how it allows you to keep going further than you ever would just running straight. In a lil bit, I hope to go knock out TB Trisets Lower Body.

Justina!!! That is wonderful that you got someone else using a ball!! and Im proud of you for continuing to use it :D Great job!! Yes, I got the fitdesk as we had discussed a few weeks ago. Im liking it as it allows me to read, watch tv, or surf the net (and Im on it now :)
As far as muscle building and seeing more definition, Meso 3 is more designed to do that. So remember to lift to failure or very close to it!!

Natasha, Im not familiar with Cardio Coach, but I know there are others on here that do it if you wanna post to see if someone can anwer any questions for you.
Im impressed with your downloading finesse of combining w/os! Im not really sure how all that stuff works. I was lucky to download a w/o onto my iPhone for when I traveled!
YES, You CAN run!! Today, Im finally feeling pretty good and getting used to it & it has been 4 weeks since I've started. You're body just needs to go through an initiation phase. Im glad I stuck with it b/c I know it really helps to slim down my hips and thighs.

Cathy, I was thinking of you the day before you posted...you must have heard me :) Congrats on finishing STS!!!!! It is a HUGE accomplishment!! I probably won't do another rotation until next year. I will be waiting to do Xtrain first and Im enjoying going through the rest of my Cathe weight w/os first which have been neglected ;)
Just check in when you can, we are here!! And know you have our support as you go through your workouts!!! And another 10k? You go girl!! The dread factor is starting to subside for me with running. Some days I really enjoy it even...*gasp*:eek: thank you for your words of advice and encouragement :D

Wow, Nancy, it's great that you are finding a rotation that is working for you!! I think I am onto somethin too with this freestyle approach to training my legs. The slacks I wore yest to court fit very nice across my butt (which I swear is a lil higher :cool:) and weren't tight on my thighs. Before they were hugging those parts a lil too much!!
I am taking a recovery week starting 9/10, but will keep my running sessions to keep training for the races, but no weights. I actually started working on my next rotation today!! Im not sure if I should 4 weeks of Pure Strength or just 2 wks then 2 wks of Gym Styles. Prob the latter as I like variety, but any thoughts of why I should do it for a month?
Nancy, do you have the Stretchmax DVD? I did one of them today and thought of you cuz I remember you saying you did the Extended Stretch with every STS. I like them all & the band one really gets some nice deep stretches. I also like the Total Body Stretching one too. Just more options!!

Alright guys, whew, I hope Im all caught up :p Have a good night.

Gina

Just wanted to add that I did do TB Trisets Lower Body. wow! Haven't done that one for a few months! Fast furious. Reminded me of Meso 1. I liked it. It was a nice change of pace from a BB and routine moves for lower body. Whose butt hurts when they see dixie cups anymore?! I've noticed Ive had some nice glute DOMS this week. I really notice it when I take the stairs. Loving it!!

Nancy, awesome job on doing Pylo legs even better this time around. Isn't it a great feeling when we knock out her w/os really good with noticeable improvement?!

Catch ya guys tmrw :)

Good morning ladies :)

Monday's w/o was Supreme-90 Day Core (love it!) + Jillian's Yoga Meltdown (love, love it!). Total time 60min. It's amazing how well STS has conditioned me, even for yoga. I was able to hold all the planks, even side plank, for an extended period of time. I was also able to knock out all those Chaturanga push-ups (aka tricep push-ups) and keep the hold at the bottom. I was able to hold crescent pose, warrior 1, 2 & 3 (!) without my quads burning and having to come out of the pose early. My abs were DOMS'ing big time the next day :D.

Yesterday's w/o was Plyo Legs W4. My cardio endurance and plyo has improved dramatically since I found Cathe 1 year ago. I can perform all the Plyo's with no modifications, same step heights as Cathe, same amount of reps. For the tuck jumps, my knee's were coming way up! I felt like a rock star :cool:. I have severe DOMS in my butt and hammies today :D.

Nancy
Congrats on muscle definition and leaning out! I have also been working each body part 2X/week, and love how my body responds to it.
Ugghh, calves :(. You can have some of mine. I think they are over-developed :confused:. I've always had big calves and HATE THEM!

Gina
Great job on your workouts! I think you are doing a wonderful job at alternating between high intensity and low intensity days.
WTG on sticking with the running! Do you find running easier than Cathe's hardest cardio like CCC or just different?
I love TBT LB!! That one always gives me nice DOMS :D.

Have a good one ladies!

Hi ladies,
Sorry I've been slacking. Work has been pretty busy. By the time I get home my second job starts. I even skipped a day for STS and you know how much I hate doing that. :)I started back up last night. Next week is recovery week for me. I'm actually looking forward to it. Looks like everyone is keeping busy with their workouts. Do you all have days when you don't feel like doing much when you get home?
My goal is muscle growth for sure. I like how Jai's upperbody looks in M2; the cut look.
Natasha, I currently use protein powder. I have a glass in the morning when I wake up, and another glass right after my workout in the evening. The one I use is actually very tasty and low in sugar. So awesome about feeling like a rock star! :D I love seeing improvment in my performance as well. It's definitely a confidence booster.
Gina, agreed. I have to lift as heavy as I can; to the point of making faces. LOL :D Glad you're enjoying the fitdesk! We all should do what we can to move more. By the way, someone else stopped by to ask me about the ball this morning. He saw someone else using it and was wondering what's going on. :D

Have a great day everyone!

Justina

Morning all!! I've been experiencing some DOMS from TBT lower body I did Mon night :eek: Yesterday was gardening and a 2 mile Leslie Sansone walk video. I was so exhausted all day and today Im still dragging. I think it's b/c it's that time of the month for me where I don't have much energy at all and all I want to do is eat and sleep! I haven't worked out yet today nor do I feel that I want to really exert that much energy :confused: (odd for me). Maybe just another walk is all I'll do. I'll see how the day goes.

Natasha running is different beast all of its own. When I started, it was hard for me to run for very long and I remember thinking, "Come on! I can do Cathe's Hiit, but I can't jog longer than a few minutes?!" Like anything, I guess your body has to become accustomed to it as it uses your muscles in different ways.
I can now run longer, but I AM SLOW!! Lol. And it is a challenge!! I know I sure sweat buckets so it must be doing something good ;) It's just another option to change up what you do to your body. Will I continue it long term? Not sure, but for now it is something different to put my body through.
It does help to have a strong core and leg/glute muscles to power you through. I noticed a difference this time around vs 2 yrs ago that I was stronger running because of my increased strength :D
Oh, and GREAT JOB pulling off those tough yoga poses!!

Justina life gets busy at times! We understand as we can't always check in daily either. Do what you can! Just like you are having to do with your workouts. Missing a day or so won't hurt just as long as you get back to it and don't take an extended vacation from it!
Im so happy you are creating such a positive buzz at work with your ball :cool:
Im enjoying the fitdesk as I have used it every day so far for about 1-2 hours. I had to tighten some things on it per instructions as it was making noises when I pedaled, but now I can't lower my resistance knob! So, I've been communicating with the company to fix it. I hope I don't have to return this one and get a new one!!

And Hello to Nancy!! Hope your week is going well :)

Gina

Yesterday's w/o was PUB. Cathe killed me...again. I'm in severe DOMS mode right now :D. How that woman is insanely strong in her bi's is beyond comprehension :eek:. You'd think she'd have arms like Greg from STS ;). I'm sure as hell she lifted as much or more than him sometimes :rolleyes:. See, that's what I don't understand about the dudes from STS. Besides being serious eye candy (I won't complain, I loved it :eek:). Their weight selections sometimes puzzled me. 10lbs for lunges??? Seriously, man??? [insert 10,000 roll-eyes here].

Gina
I'm still DOMS'ing from Plyo Legs on Tues :D. Love it!
How are you liking the Leslie's?
I figured running would be a different animal. I'm just not sure if I want that "beastly" interaction just yet :D.

Justina
Honestly, I always feel the urge to just park my butt on the couch and watch movies in the evening instead of working out. My daughter is mentally and physically draining. But I know if I do that, then I would be doomed and get into a comfort zone I don't want. Exercise is just second nature to me now.
I know what you mean about your "2nd job". That's the toughest job in the world IMO.
What protein powder do you use?
Cathe and crew are so very inspirational and motivating. Jai looks incredible no doubt. Why not ask on the Ask Cathe forum?

Have a good one ladies!

Friday already????
WOW! Where did this week go? I hate to admit that I've been more of a spectator here on the check-in than a participant! The last 2 nights have been Gym Styles Legs, and Gym Styles Chest/Triceps (with the shoulder/bicep High Reps add-on). Tonight I'll be breakin' out the dixie cups for Afterburn. I'm still feeling my calves from GS Legs! Gina, have you done a GS upper body yet? The pace is so fast between sets! I never think I'll make it through the chest work yet somehow I squeak out that last rep! It seems tougher to me than the STS chest work???? My pecs shake for hours afterward (weird visual, I know:rolleyes:)!
Natasha, I too am humbled by Cathe's strength! Her biceps are quite enviable! I get worn out quickly doing curls...she just keeps going and going! How would you characterize PUB? Is it more endurance based? I've been curious about the Pyramid w/os (like I need more!;)).
Justina, I really feel for women that work a full day outside the home and then come home to take care of a family. I don't know how you all do it! I live a very self-centered life in comparison :eek:. Nothing takes precedence over my workouts. Nothing. I don't answer the phone, the door, or my husband....even my cat leaves me alone (well at least until the stretch!). My DH usually is working out at the same time so our schedule is in sync. I know it is a luxury that few people have.

I've noticed that we all seem to experience DOMS from our leg workouts 2 days after the event! My calves are really talking to me today...more than yesterday...something weird about that 48 hour mark???

PS: Yesterday I had my first ever Laura Bar! I've been seeing recipes for them on the forum and wondered what all that excitement was about. Now I know! I must make these!!!!:D

Hi everyone!
Happy Friday! I'm leaving work early today. :D I've worked hard all week so I deserve a little break.

Natasha, I use the Beverly International Ultimate Muscle in chocolate. 120 calories per serving (1 scoop), 0 g sugar, total fat is 3.5g, potassium 31 mg, sodium 200 mg, calcium 276 mg and Magnesium 122 mg. Did I tell you it tastes delicious too? :D By the way, I saw Janie's pictures from the mucle building rotation from Cathe. I'll have to give it a try after STS. She looked amazing! What an inspiration.
Nancy, I look forward to having a self-centered life! LOL Maybe after my son leaves home. He's only 2 years old. :D Believe me, there are days when I just want to go hide somewhere.
Gina, I'm definitely looking forward to my recovery week now. I think working hard at work affects how I perform in my workouts. I get so tired when I come home from work.
So tonight I have to bring my daughter to a concert at school after I get home. Thankfully it's not a work out day.

So what do I have to look forward to in M3 ladies? Is this the muscle building stage?

Have a good weekend! Chat with you soon.

Justina

Hello ladies :)

Thursday's w/o was 4DS high/low Intensity Step cardio (50min). I truly love that step workout. It makes me so :). Yesterday was a beach outing sans child :D. I really needed the break away :cool: (sound familiar Justina??). My DH says he notices all the hard work I'm putting into my workouts, that's it really showing, and how great I look. I don't usually use him as validation, but it's nice to hear it nonetheless (from anyone for that matter).

Today we have another outing, but to a local provincial park which includes trails. I'm not sure if I will do a workout when I get back, but if I do it is my cardio day. Tomorrow is Muscle Max day :eek:.

Justina
OMG, when you said the part about hiding in the closet, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Sometimes just to eat a warm meal in peace, I've contemplated locking myself up in the bathroom (I'm not kidding).
Damn it, that powder is not avail here in Canada :mad:. I think I might be living in Siberia, not your friendly neighbor up North. I could try a specialty health food store. Thanks for the tip.
Yes, M3 is the "strength phase". As you know, I had to bail out early, but Gina and Nancy are pros at it.
Janie looks amazing! Her rotation has worked, and she's proof. She went Paleo though as her eating lifestyle. I'm sure her diet helped tremendously. No sloppy carbs for that lady!

Nancy
PUB is, I would say more...Hypertrophy?. Here is the concept: 12 reps with the lowest weight, 10 reps with a med weight, and 8 reps with your heavy weight. Going "up" and then "down" the pyramid. It really fatigues the muscles. Very unique, unlike any other Cathe workout. The only thing I *don't* like, is that with a heavy weight, like for double triceps kickbacks, my back will not allow me to it with both arms, so I have to do 1 arm and then the other :mad:. Same w/double arms rows. The good thing? NO PUSH-UPS!!!!

Have a great w/e ladies!

Natasha I am liking the Leslie's and am going to do more of them. I got a couple of different ones for variety.
The only reason why Im running really is b/c I've just had this desire to run the 10K through my local park this fall. Don't ask me why cuz I'm scared to death to do it :eek: but I also kinda need to show myself that I can do it!
I love 4DS too!! I really liked the High Intensity Circuit I did recently. That was the first time I did that premix.

Nancy my workouts are numero uno for me too b/c I am single without children I have the luxury of them being so. My Mom has come to realize how much good they do for my energy physically and mentally that when she talks of us doing something she starts with, "After your workout, let's...." I love it! She has told me a few times she admires my commitment to exercise and how hard I work out.
Laura Bar? There's a recipe to make them. I'd be interested if you could pass along the link.
I second the Pyramid workouts. You can also choose a pyramid "up" or "down" only premix doing 3 sets instead of the 5 for each move. I like it b/c the set-up is so different from her other weight routines.
I haven't tried GS yet, but it is in my next rotation! I heard it is one of her hardest routines. So, I am starting with Pure Strength first.

Justina M3 was challenging yet inspiring as you lift heavy weights and really see how far you have improved and WILL improve by the end of the 4 weeks! Time to put your game face on and push it as hard as you can as this IS the muscle building portion of the program. Go for it!!

This week has kinda turned into my recovery week. I haven't lifted since Tues and my cardio has been less intense with just doing walking videos. My shoulder and hip flared up somewhat and my period left me exhausted, down, and unmotivated :( Anybody else notice their strength decreases at that time of the month?

Anyhow, I had to decide what my focus was going to be b/c I hate to admit it, but I think my "Brute Rotation" was a lil too much/too soon after 2.5 weeks into it. Running is more intense for me than I thought it was going to be and with the hard Cathe on opposite days, I just can't continue like that :eek: It was making me not want to run, but like I said earlier, I really want to do that 10K. Sooo, my focus for the next 8 weeks is training for the races and doing weights with some walking thrown in. I am planning on doing a 5k in 5 weeks and then the 10k is in 8 weeks.

So, my basic plan is 3 days of run/walk sessions (one long r/w in the park increasing 0.5miles every week to go from 4-7 miles, one easy r/w 20-30 mins on the treadmill, one speed intervals {aka Hiit :eek:} at a nearby local high school track.

2 days of Leslie Sansone walking videos anywhere from 2-5 miles depending on my energy or an optional day off if needed (my day just doesn't seem to get going right unless I do a lil cardio in the am and this is low intensity not even feeling like Im working out really)

I will do 2 upper body splits hitting each muscle once/week doing 3 weeks of PS, recover a week, then do 3 wks of GS, (no add-ons like superwoman Nancy :p) and then recover the week before the 10k. (I was overdoing upper body in the Brute hitting it 3x!! No wonder why my shldr flared up :confused:)

1 day heavy wts for legs in the PS/GS series. And 1 lower body-based circuit w/o (so just doing the lower body weights only, no upper) IF I am up to it or it will just be another Leslie Sansone day. I think my hip was squawking from too many lower body sessions as well :(

I always do core 3x/week as well.

Gotta listen to our bodies. So important! So instead of piling up too many missed workouts, I will change things up that work with my body. And I will continue to make changes if my body still requires me to do so.

I am glad everyone is doing well and still giving it your all! You guys help to keep my butt in gear ;)

Have a good weekend ladies and catch ya soon :D

Gina

Hope everyone is busy enjoying their weekend!! It sure is a beautiful one weather-wise. I can't believe September is fast approaching. I can already feel fall in the air with these cool nights we have been having here in Ohio. A/C is on during the day, but windows are open at night that is how cool it has been. Not good for the garden growth tho :(

I've been at my parents all day, enjoyed a nice dinner and then played cards (love to play cards!!). Im happy I was able to squeeze in a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk and then Yoga Relax Express this morning. My lower body sure needed the stretching!! It is so tight today :(

Im off to run some errands...have a great night!!

Gina

Hello ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the weekend. I really dragged my behind this morning coming in to work. I guess it's a Monday thing.

Hi Natasha, too bad Amazon.ca doesn't offer this product. Have you checked the Beverly International online order website? It's awesome that your hubby notices your hard work and the results you're getting. It's funny, my husband only notices certain body parts looking different. LOL I had to ask if he notices my upper body for him to say anything about it. :D I'm happy that I'm setting a good example for my girls. They know my schedule and if I don't work out one day they notice it and they will ask why I'm not doing it. My 13 year old brags about being able to do pushup in her gym class. :D My son loves the warm up in STS. He dances to the music and tries to do the warm up with me. So cute. LOL. By the way, I have locked myself in the bathroom before. :) The peacefulness really helps. I take few deep breaths and just be by myself. When I come out I can tackle the busy life again.

Hi Gina,
I'm looking forward to M3 since I really want to build muscles. I'll have to hit the store to get bigger dumbbells. :D This week I will rest and maybe do hiit work out 2x. You're right in listening to your body and adjust your rotation accordingly. It's the best thing you can do for your health and fitness. I have to pay more attention to that as well. If I miss a day, I'll make it up when I can. If something hurts, I need to modify the move. I can't risk having an injury.

By the way, I'm taking my family to Disney at the end of next month. It will be our first time. :) I'm super excited about the trip. Any tips? We will only visit one park (Magic Kingdom) and the rest of the time we'll do other things. Have to stay within my buget. I figured it will not be our last time there. The resort we'll be staying at has lots to do. I'm sure there are other attractions besides Disney.

Have a good day and talk again soon!

Justina

Happy Monday (is there even such a thing?? :confused:)

This w/e was very busy for me. Saturday we went to a local provincial park and did some hiking. I say "some" because it's virtually impossible to do that with a 3yr old who gets tired from little legs :(. The tough part was walking uphill, and so my DH had to carry our daughter on his back :eek:. He said his legs were BURNING!

Yesterday's w/o was Muscle Max. I feel like the workout is pretty well rounded except for legs. I will start adding my own 100 Rep Challenge at the end of it which will includes various LB exercises like elevated lunges, squats, and dead lifts.

Justina
Thank you for the tip about the on-line ordering. I could order it from the company directly, but let me say this bluntly, us Canadian's get raped from S&H costs :mad:. A $50 product will end up being $100. It's stupid crazy I tell ya!!!
You know what, my hubby usually won't say anything either, that's why it kinda caught me off guard. I'm sure your DH knows how hard you are working, and most importantly setting a wonderful example for your children. Your son sounds too cute! Does he try to lift the heavy weights??? Mine does :confused:.
I need to ask you, do you think children ages 18mos-4yrs old are the hardest to manage? Mine is a complete terror sometimes (she's 3 1/2). I hope this is a phase that will soon pass, as I sometimes feel as though I should be put in a mental ward. Thank goodness I have my workouts to take out all that stress & frustration.
YAY DISNEY WORLD!!! I'm super, duper jealous (and happy for ya ;)). A friend from my other check-in went there about 1 month ago. I will ask her, or if you want, PM her directly. It's cokonkel (Colleen is her name).

Gina
I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder and hip :(. Actually, my injuries are really bad during ovulation, not PMS, which is odd :confused:. I do however feel exhausted, weak, and like an emotional train wreck during that time. I hope you feel better.
It's good you are listening to your body on what it wants/needs. Respect your vessel, that's what I always say :).
I'm so impressed you've chosen to take part in a 5k and 10k. I'm sure it's not only physically demanding, but mentally as well. I think you are gonna do awesome :cool:.

Have a great one ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.