STS Check in

Today I went to the gym and did my weight and conditioning class! Great class and great group of people. Tomorrow I am planning to do disc 12.

How is everyone doing?

Finally fit in Disk 21 (back and bis) last night - at 11:30pm! I am just not a morning gal, no matter how much I wish I was. ;)

Feeling the back today! That double wave loading technique really works muscles to fatigue - 6 sets of one exercise! And with one-arm rows where you are doing each arm separately, that is 12 sets! But with all the little weight changes it stays motivating and feels effective. :)

What position are you all doing for chin-ups/pull-ups? I was doing horizontal position with my Fit Tower (like Brenda in the video) but last night I tried my doorframe chin-up bar with 2 assist bands. Felt good. I used to be able to do it with one assist band but haven't been practicing that move for months (maybe years!) so back to two bands for now. :rolleyes: Hoping to improve over time. :)

Finally fit in Disk 21 (back and bis) last night - at 11:30pm! I am just not a morning gal, no matter how much I wish I was. ;)

Feeling the back today! That double wave loading technique really works muscles to fatigue - 6 sets of one exercise! And with one-arm rows where you are doing each arm separately, that is 12 sets! But with all the little weight changes it stays motivating and feels effective. :)

What position are you all doing for chin-ups/pull-ups? I was doing horizontal position with my Fit Tower (like Brenda in the video) but last night I tried my doorframe chin-up bar with 2 assist bands. Felt good. I used to be able to do it with one assist band but haven't been practicing that move for months (maybe years!) so back to two bands for now. :rolleyes: Hoping to improve over time. :)
I use the tube for the pull ups/chin ups:)

I use the tube for the pull ups/chin ups:)
Jane, all I can say is "WOW"!! So impressed you did a workout at 11:30 p.m. I am also not a workout morning person and I have tried over the years. Just doesn't work for me and I don't think I could do one at 11:30! I'd never get up the next morning. Good for you and keep up the good work.

I'd never get up the next morning.
Thanks, Nicki. But rest assured, I am not super human! I am retired from my career as an educator and am now self-employed part-time, so I sleep in when I feel like it! Just finished reading Matthew Walker's excellent book, "Why We Sleep" and really prioritize those life changing 7 hours of slumber!

Way behind most of you, but today I did Disc 16, and was surprised how effective the "back off" sets were. At first, I was thinking "reduce by 40%"? And the first few reps are just so light, but boy did they add up quickly.

Very interesting, and fun to change things up.

I am away for a few days so can't get to week 4 of Meso 2 until Tuesday. But making use of the hotel fitness room. Yesterday was cardio and core day so did 10 min on the treadmill, a 4 min. tabata, used the skipping rope for a couple of mins. and then did some core training. Then repeated that cycle. With a much needed stretch it all came in under an hour. :)

Monday I did step sync intermediate step and stacker abs, Tuesday was disc 15, Wednesday I did Jessica Smith’s dynamic stretch for rest day. Thursday was Live cardio band blast with weights and yesterday I did live in the ring. Today will be week 2 of disc 14 and hopefully some extra stretching!

I never could get into working out late at night. I'm more of a morning person. 4:30am on the day's I work and 5:00 on the days I don't work. I love working out in the mornings. Years ago I use to workout around 5:30pm after I got off work. I don't think I will be as consistant now on my workouts if I workout after I got off work.

I use tubing for chin-up/pull-ups. I have a Fit Tower but sometimes it's pain to put it together and take it down since I work out in the living room. If I had my own workout room (one day I will) I could leave it up.

This week was my recovery week. I did some cardio, yoga and walking with my dog. I also did PHA 3 but using lighter weights.

I'm excided to get started on Meso 2 on Monday. I love working out with lower reps and heavier weights.
I printed out my workout cards for the week. I'm trying to decide which Ab workouts I'm going to use and extra stretching especially on the days I work. I like them to be around 10 min. Cathe needs to do another Ab Hits 2 and a Stretching Hits. It would so much easier to find on one DVD.

Have great weekend everybody!

Hey everyone! I am on my recovery week after Meso 2. I found that I needed a real recovery week and not just an "active recovery" week. My heel, elbow, and hamstring were all just bothering me. I'm so glad that I did bc everything feels so good right now! However, I can tell that I am beginning to get antsy because I spent a good portion of my Friday night watching clips of all the newest Cathe Lives on my iPad! Haha! Will begin Meso 3 on Monday!

Hope everyone is doing well and plugging along! ❤

Hello, ladies! Today I did Disc 12, Stacker Abs and Extended stretch. I have Disc 11 left and then I will be moving on to Meso 2:D. Plan on doing disc 11 Wednesday and starting Meso 2 Sunday. At least that's my plan now. YAY!

Started Meso 3 today Disc 25 Chest and Back! I am loving these 8 rep sets and lifting heavy. It feels so good to really push some good weight! I tacked on some Lite Six Pack Abs #2 and Lite Extended Stretch. Can't wait to get into the squat rack for legs!

Hello, ladies! Today I did Disc 12, Stacker Abs and Extended stretch. I have Disc 11 left and then I will be moving on to Meso 2:D. Plan on doing disc 11 Wednesday and starting Meso 2 Sunday. At least that's my plan now. YAY!
Girl! You are killing it! Keep it up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.