STS Check in

Ok gals, so today was Squat Rack Legs week 1. I'm shocked that I have literally lost no strength since I last squatted which was prob like 1 year ago. I have been doing the typical assortment of Cathe leg workouts, and I'm thinking that doing these types of workouts for the legs helps to retain strength somehow?
Great work, Penny!! And I agree... I have found that doing the regular assortment of Cathe workouts does the trick for maintaining strength. Cathe works her magic. Comparing my weight loads for various STS exercises this round compared to when I last did it I have only lost strength on those killer chin ups/pull ups! o_O (I think I need to actually get out the chin up bar in order to actually DO a chin up ;)!!)
I start Meso 3 on Monday and your post is making me really look forward to it. Thanks.

Disc 16 today! Yesterday was disc 17 and workout hotel abs & butt blaster with mini band. Oh my is my bum sore! Friday was KCM lean body cardio, Thursday I did KCM plateau buster workout 1, and Wednesday was Live hiit it strike it crunch it.

Yes I do. I like the variety of the Ab Circuit workouts. Yoga and Pilates inspired ab workouts. Using stability ball, plates. weights or without weights. The workouts are very challenging and Cathe also provides modification. The workout are easy at first but get very challenging towards the end. This morning I did the Stability ball workout. (this was the first time I did this workout) Towards the end of the workout you were doing pikes on the ball and then one legged pikes on the ball o_O. I can sometimes do the pike with both feet on the ball but one legged. No!!...LOL..... I guess something to work towards to. I think the only draw back for me is most of the workouts are about 20 min long. I usually like to work my abs between 10-15 min. and only a couple are under 15 min. One of the 20 min can be done in half (weights & plates routine) When your main workout is usually little over an hour or more, then you add in an ab workout and extra stretch. I'm looking at almost 2 hours. I like to keep it under about an hour and half or less especially on days I work.

If you have Core Max I think you will like Ab Circuit.

Good luck on your Spartan Hurricane Heat on Saturday!!
Thank you for telling me about the abs dvd. That's what I was worried about...the length. I'm just like you, I don't want to spend all day working on abs when I've just lifted heavy for an hour! Do you think I could just cut out one exercise to shorten it? And is there any plank work? I feel like those are important!

Ok ladies I am alive...but barely. For my Spartan Hurricane Heat I endured about 5 hours of bear and crab crawls through mud and gravel, walking lunges, and duck walks with a heavy chain around my neck (because unfortunately I was chosen to be one of the leaders). Then I had to haul an awkward 50 pound bag of play sand up and down hills while trying to memorize quotes about love because it was the day after Valentine's Day. And at the end of all the torture? We had to dump the entire sand bag on our heads! Lol...why do I pay people to torture me? Haha! It was fun believe it or not, and I did meet some great people!
So I woke up sore and tired, but I completed...I am sorry, I don't even know what the number is...but I worked Shoulders/Bis/Tris for the first week of Meso 3. Man, 4 trisets for each set! My arms were good and fried! So glad this is a 3 day weekend!
Have a great weekend ladies!

Ok ladies I am alive...but barely. For my Spartan Hurricane Heat I endured about 5 hours of bear and crab crawls through mud and gravel, walking lunges, and duck walks with a heavy chain around my neck (because unfortunately I was chosen to be one of the leaders). Then I had to haul an awkward 50 pound bag of play sand up and down hills while trying to memorize quotes about love because it was the day after Valentine's Day. And at the end of all the torture? We had to dump the entire sand bag on our heads! Lol...why do I pay people to torture me? Haha! It was fun believe it or not, and I did meet some great people!
So I woke up sore and tired, but I completed...I am sorry, I don't even know what the number is...but I worked Shoulders/Bis/Tris for the first week of Meso 3. Man, 4 trisets for each set! My arms were good and fried! So glad this is a 3 day weekend!
WOW girl! Good for you! I am very impressed and inspired by you! You should be SO VERY PROUD!!

Thank you for telling me about the abs dvd. That's what I was worried about...the length. I'm just like you, I don't want to spend all day working on abs when I've just lifted heavy for an hour! Do you think I could just cut out one exercise to shorten it? And is there any plank work? I feel like those are important!

I think you can cut down one or more exercise to shorten it.

Yoga Inspired Abs - 15 min - has reverse plank (1 min), plank to side plank to crocodile plank then upward dog to downward dog (3 sets)
Pilates Inspired Abs - 19 min - side planks on elbow
Weights and Plates - 19 min - Plates is all plank movements (weights & plates can be done separate which will cut the time in half)
Stability ball - 20 min
No Equipment Abs - 17 min - planks toward the end
Medicine ball - 10 min
Medicine ball with a partner 9 min

Congrats!!! That's incredible! You should be so proud!

Great work, Penny!! And I agree... I have found that doing the regular assortment of Cathe workouts does the trick for maintaining strength. Cathe works her magic. Comparing my weight loads for various STS exercises this round compared to when I last did it I have only lost strength on those killer chin ups/pull ups! o_O (I think I need to actually get out the chin up bar in order to actually DO a chin up ;)!!)
I start Meso 3 on Monday and your post is making me really look forward to it. Thanks.

I think I need to pull out my bar out too instead of using the tubing for chin ups/pull ups.

Getting harder to get my STS in because if I go home during the week after work, I tend to be lazy. So I have been hitting the gym. Today was Tabata Tuesday, 1.53 miles on treadmill and a good stretch. Weekends for my STS. I know that's not how it should be done, but that's what works for me right now. ;):cool::p

I think you can cut down one or more exercise to shorten it.

Yoga Inspired Abs - 15 min - has reverse plank (1 min), plank to side plank to crocodile plank then upward dog to downward dog (3 sets)
Pilates Inspired Abs - 19 min - side planks on elbow
Weights and Plates - 19 min - Plates is all plank movements (weights & plates can be done separate which will cut the time in half)
Stability ball - 20 min
No Equipment Abs - 17 min - planks toward the end
Medicine ball - 10 min
Medicine ball with a partner 9 min
Oh thank you so much! I'm ordering it!

At the gym today. Weights and conditioning, 1.03 miles on treadmill and another good stretch. Will get back on STS this weekend.
Our trainer says be ready for heavy cardio tomorrow:rolleyes:o_O
How is everyone doing??
Penny, have you recovered yet?

So good to hear about everyone's hard work, successes, and ways to make it work. Good going Gals!
I have had to work hard to fit in STS - working around a pulled pec muscle and teaching 3 weight based classes/week - don't want to over do it. Found out in the past week a family member is seriously ill so I'm working at finding the 'just right' time to do each workout and for those needed rest days. So, like Nicki, it is not perfectly done every second day with exactly one week between specific muscle groups, but it is still fun and rewarding. Am starting Meso 3 today and looking forward to the lower reps and higher challenges!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.