STS Check in

I am away for a few days so can't get to week 4 of Meso 2 until Tuesday. But making use of the hotel fitness room. Yesterday was cardio and core day so did 10 min on the treadmill, a 4 min. tabata, used the skipping rope for a couple of mins. and then did some core training. Then repeated that cycle. With a much needed stretch it all came in under an hour. :)
Good job working out while traveling, Jane! I used to be so good at that, and the older I get the more I'm just like, meh!! You are an inspiration! You say you are a retired educator? What did you teach? I'm a teacher and can't wait for my retirement...lol!

You say you are a retired educator? What did you teach? I'm a teacher and can't wait for my retirement...lol!
Hey, thanks so much Penny. I was an elementary resource teacher most of my career. I was also a Reading Recovery teacher and a consultant (helping schools plan for their special needs kids, with a focus on autism support) and loved all these positions. My main focus though is on Learning Disabilities and I'm writing a book on that now. Good for you to fit in time for all your training while working full-time in a demanding profession. Not easy!!

Today was a cardio day for me, so I did Cycle Sweat (tough, but I love ), some walking, and Extended Stretch #2. Felt so good to get a nice stretch! Tomorrow I'm hoping to hit Squat Rack Legs and Shoulders, Bis, Tris on Thursday. Want to get my strength in early so that I can rest on Friday before my Spartan Hurricane Heat this Saturday...super excited! Keep up the good fight, ladies!

Today was a cardio day for me, so I did Cycle Sweat (tough, but I love ), some walking, and Extended Stretch #2. Felt so good to get a nice stretch! Tomorrow I'm hoping to hit Squat Rack Legs and Shoulders, Bis, Tris on Thursday. Want to get my strength in early so that I can rest on Friday before my Spartan Hurricane Heat this Saturday...super excited! Keep up the good fight, ladies!
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SPARTAN HURRICANE HEAT!!! We will be pulling for you!

Today I went to the gym and did 2 miles on treadmill, a 28 minute class and a nice stretch! Feeling good:D
Great work Nicki. A lot of people would only do the class, so good for you to add on to it and do what makes you feel good. I see on the Workout Manager you have put in lots of miles! Awesome.:)

Good luck on Saturday, Penny!! You have worked hard for it. I'm sure you'll do a super job with all the challenges. You deserve a lot of credit for being such a great example to your daughters and your students!!

Took a rest day yesterday. I was exhausted and couldn’t get out of my own way. Disc 15 today!
Hey mbg1982 - so good to hear you are listening to your body and giving it the recovery time it needs. You must be working hard. :pAnd so great that you are getting right back up and hitting it hard again with Disk 15.

Thanks for keeping me motivated, gals!

Hey, ladies! Today I went to the gym and did the weight and conditioning class, 1.16 miles on the treadmill and a nice stretch! Left hamstring is really bothering me and I'm not sure why:rolleyes:

Hey, ladies! Today I went to the gym and did the weight and conditioning class, 1.16 miles on the treadmill and a nice stretch! Left hamstring is really bothering me and I'm not sure why:rolleyes:
Nice work Nicki! But please do not catch my pulled hamstring!! It's terrible! Take an Aleve and make sure you ice it ASAP!

Ok gals, so today was Squat Rack Legs week 1. I'm shocked that I have literally lost no strength since I last squatted which was prob like 1 year ago. I have been doing the typical assortment of Cathe leg workouts, and I'm thinking that doing these types of workouts for the legs helps to retain strength somehow? I was happy with what I could squat and deadlift (my front squat still sucks but I have always sucked at those...lol). Tomorrow is Disc 27 I think? I'll have to rush home, workout, and shower before getting my haircut!
Thanks for your well wishes for my race! Its 4 to 5 hours so I'm hoping I get a good team!
Have a great workout tomorrow everyone! ❤

Ok gals, so today was Squat Rack Legs week 1. I'm shocked that I have literally lost no strength since I last squatted which was prob like 1 year ago. I have been doing the typical assortment of Cathe leg workouts, and I'm thinking that doing these types of workouts for the legs helps to retain strength somehow? I was happy with what I could squat and deadlift (my front squat still sucks but I have always sucked at those...lol). Tomorrow is Disc 27 I think? I'll have to rush home, workout, and shower before getting my haircut!
Thanks for your well wishes for my race! Its 4 to 5 hours so I'm hoping I get a good team!
Have a great workout tomorrow everyone! ❤
GOOD LUCK and please update us when you can!!!

Yay! Hey, do you really like the Ab Circuit DVD? I'm thinking of purchasing it!

Yes I do. I like the variety of the Ab Circuit workouts. Yoga and Pilates inspired ab workouts. Using stability ball, plates. weights or without weights. The workouts are very challenging and Cathe also provides modification. The workout are easy at first but get very challenging towards the end. This morning I did the Stability ball workout. (this was the first time I did this workout) Towards the end of the workout you were doing pikes on the ball and then one legged pikes on the ball o_O. I can sometimes do the pike with both feet on the ball but one legged. No!!...LOL..... I guess something to work towards to. I think the only draw back for me is most of the workouts are about 20 min long. I usually like to work my abs between 10-15 min. and only a couple are under 15 min. One of the 20 min can be done in half (weights & plates routine) When your main workout is usually little over an hour or more, then you add in an ab workout and extra stretch. I'm looking at almost 2 hours. I like to keep it under about an hour and half or less especially on days I work.

If you have Core Max I think you will like Ab Circuit.

Good luck on your Spartan Hurricane Heat on Saturday!!

Today was Disc 15. followed by Ab Circuit #4 and 20 min. of yoga. I really enjoyed this week workouts. Even though Legs was changed to Wednesday's. Yesterday I was confused what day it was.... lol... Even before I started STS. Whenever I did a split workout I always did Legs on a Friday. Actually doing Legs on Wednesday this month works out pretty good for me. The workout is under 50 min and it's a work day for me and I'm not rushing around to get ready for work.

Have great weekend everybody!!!

Yes I do. I like the variety of the Ab Circuit workouts. Yoga and Pilates inspired ab workouts. Using stability ball, plates. weights or without weights. The workouts are very challenging and Cathe also provides modification. The workout are easy at first but get very challenging towards the end. This morning I did the Stability ball workout. (this was the first time I did this workout) Towards the end of the workout you were doing pikes on the ball and then one legged pikes on the ball o_O. I can sometimes do the pike with both feet on the ball but one legged. No!!...LOL..... I guess something to work towards to. I think the only draw back for me is most of the workouts are about 20 min long. I usually like to work my abs between 10-15 min. and only a couple are under 15 min. One of the 20 min can be done in half (weights & plates routine) When your main workout is usually little over an hour or more, then you add in an ab workout and extra stretch. I'm looking at almost 2 hours. I like to keep it under about an hour and half or less especially on days I work.

If you have Core Max I think you will like Ab Circuit.

Good luck on your Spartan Hurricane Heat on Saturday!!
I like the Ab Circuit workouts. You get a good variety - SB, Yoga, Pilates, MB, weights and plates (my favorite) and no equipment!

I like the Ab Circuit workouts. You get a good variety - SB, Yoga, Pilates, MB, weights and plates (my favorite) and no equipment!
T
The pikes on the SB are very challenging. I can do the others but when I try to do full pike, it doesn't feel quite right. I think I may be doing something wrong.

Towards the end of the workout you were doing pikes on the ball and then one legged pikes on the ball o_O. I can sometimes do the pike with both feet on the ball but one legged. No!!...LOL....
Those one legged pikes on the ball have got to be one of the toughest ab moves out there. Yowers! I tend to avoid that program for that reason :p but I guess that means that's the program I need to do the most! ;):D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.