STS Check in

Hi every one! Yesterday I did Disc 9 Legs followed by ab circuits#1 and 10 min of yoga

I also pre-ordered.

firmgrrrl I'm sorry about your injury. I hope it heals soon.

Thursday was a much needed rest day. Yesterday I did KCM stepboxing “Kelly’s favorite compilation” which was actually pretty fun. I’ve been dying to try PHA 3 since I got my new DVDs, so that was today’s workout. I know we’re not supposed to lift heavy during recovery week but I couldn’t wait 3 more months! It was tough!

Disk 18 tonight and it felt good! Gotta love those back off sets. They start off easy with the lighter weights then by the end...whoa!
I must say I have to ignore the men in the crew...can't handle their weight loads (sometimes so very light, what's with that?), sometimes with poor form and sometimes with just too much admiration for their own muscles! ;):D It is actually humorous! But just love working out with Cathe's loyal and reliable female crew. Nice to see various body types and a variety of weight loads used.
On to week 3 of Meso 2 tomorrow...

Hi ladies - I have a STS question. I finally got my STS set and want to start, have been doing Beachbody Liift4 for the last 8 weeks which is a hypertrophy type program. Would it be better to start with Meso 2 or start with Meso 1? I don't want to go back wards in my progress. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also want to do KCM for my cardio, so any suggested workouts would be appreciated also.

Hi Candice!
I use KCM for my cardio workouts sometimes. Lately I’ve been loving stepboxing, but I also use her cardio pump boxing workout when my legs are sore. I think there are cardio only premixes on several of her DVDs, like trim down, lean body circuits, strength & stamina, and circuit burn. If my legs are too sore I don’t want anything with a lot of squats or jumping and if my upper body is sore I don’t like a lot of punching lol. Once you get going you’ll be able to figure out which of her workouts fit in to your STS schedule. I’ve heard great things about her raw channel but I haven’t tried it yet.
Hopefully one of the other ladies can help with your first question!

Hi Candice!
I use KCM for my cardio workouts sometimes. Lately I’ve been loving stepboxing, but I also use her cardio pump boxing workout when my legs are sore. I think there are cardio only premixes on several of her DVDs, like trim down, lean body circuits, strength & stamina, and circuit burn. If my legs are too sore I don’t want anything with a lot of squats or jumping and if my upper body is sore I don’t like a lot of punching lol. Once you get going you’ll be able to figure out which of her workouts fit in to your STS schedule. I’ve heard great things about her raw channel but I haven’t tried it yet.
Hopefully one of the other ladies can help with your first question!

Thank you. I do have her RAW channel and love those workouts. So many choices with dvds and raw.

I really need to subscribe! I’m not sure it will work with my Roku, so I have to test it out.
It will work with Roku if you have the old Vimeo VHX app and it was already installed as you can no longer get. Otherwise it won't work. Her app works on the Firestick

Hi gals! So, I pulled my right hamstring. :( I am still continuing the upper body workouts, but for the last week of Meso 2, I will have to skip legs...just when I was feeling stronger and firmer in my legs!!! I have a Spartan Huricane Heat coming up in 3 weeks, and I CAN'T have an injured hamstring! So it looks like walking and upper body workouts for the last week of Meso 2...such is life. I've got Disc 21 up for today. Have a great day everyone!
Oh no, Penny! Take care of that hamstring and GOOD LUCK on you Spartan Hurricane Heat!
We are all pulling for you!

This week I'll be starting week 4 of Meso 1. A little slow going due to some personal issues i'm going through right now but I will complete it, just a behind you all. ;);):)

I must say I have to ignore the men in the crew...can't handle their weight loads (sometimes so very light, what's with that?), sometimes with poor form and sometimes with just too much admiration for their own muscles! ;):D It is actually humorous! But just love working out with Cathe's loyal and reliable female crew. Nice to see various body types and a variety of weight loads used.
On to week 3 of Meso 2 tomorrow...
It's so funny that you mention that today. Just yesterday I was noticing that the men were using MY weights if not lighter than me and acting like it was soooooo tough! Hahahahahaha! I was cracking up out loud. I do love that there are diverse body types and strengths in this program. I can't say enough about how freakin' much I love STS! I love all parts of it. It is such an effective, organized, and well thought out program. If anyone is stalking this check-in and you are on the fence, do not hesitate! If you want to build muscle and get stronger this IS the program for you! It does not disappoint! Disc 21 complete! On to week 4 Meso 2!

I can't say enough about how freakin' much I love STS! I love all parts of it. It is such an effective, organized, and well thought out program. If anyone is stalking this check-in and you are on the fence, do not hesitate! If you want to build muscle and get stronger this IS the program for you! It does not disappoint!
Ditto, Firmgrrrl! I have said it before and I will say it again...It's simply THE BEST! Worth all the work of setting up the weights, switching weights after almost every move, walking around during the rest periods, recording the weights....it's worth every single rep. It basically guarantees progress!

Disk 19 DONE. Whoo Hoo! I have been dreading that one since a pec injury (from shovelling snow). Gave it a couple of weeks rest and had to reduce my weight load a little, but mission accomplished! So glad:) to be back at it! That disk has about 15 sets of chest exercises! Hope I won't be too sore tomorrow!

I haven't done this disk for 4 years - last time was back when I was 56 in 2016. It was so rewarding to see that I was able to increase my weights for the overhead press and double arm kickbacks tonight. I guess turning 60 last year didn't mean I had to get weaker. It just means I have to be more consistent and use well structured programs like this that help us all maintain functional muscle mass.

This week I'll be starting week 4 of Meso 1. A little slow going due to some personal issues i'm going through right now but I will complete it, just a behind you all.
Sorry to hear you have to deal with some personal issues, Nicki. And you have also had to deal with travel interrupting your routine. You are doing so well to hang in there and plug away at the program. Good for you! You are so positive and encouraging - appreciate your awesome attitude!

Going to be behind everyone, but this week I am doing all my 1RM testing. I wasn't going to do, but decided that I would probably getting better results. Thinking I will be able to start next week. Kinda worried about gaining weight and puffiness, that is what stopped me before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.