STS Check In Disc 24

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Holy Lats Everyone! I did this workout today and I attempted to do all actual pullups/chinups as opposed to substituting in any band work. I made it but I'm glad I was alone with all that snarling and shaking that was going on. What a sight :eek:

Thank goodness the rest of the routine was drop sets. Even though that equals up to be super intense, only having to do it one long time with a very small rest between each set made me keep my focus nicely. By the end of one arm rows I was feeling like Queen of the jungle ;)....very powerful.

The bicep work was a drop set charm. Three of the most effective bicep exercises lined up and tackled with vigor and tenacity. This part of the workout brought about a second wind for me. I suddenly got this burst of energy and worked off my Wheaties, that's for sure. I ended up having a great workout and I hope you do/did too.

That w/o really moved along! I like the drop sets and to failure. All my target weights were pretty close--maybe could have gone a little heavier on some--but my target barbell curl weight is so off--way too heavy--that I wonder what I was doing when doing the 1RM. What a series Cathe. I can't believe how much strength I have gained in so short a time. I also can't believe how I had NOT been pushing myself hard enough. Appreciate all your hard work in getting this together.

INTENSE!!! That's the word of the day !! (inspired of course by disc 24 !;))

Short but REALLY worked the back & biceps !!

I'm happy to have a rest week before starting Meso 3 .

Cathe, is it okay to do some 1rm testing that I forgot or didnt get right during the rest week ??

It's sunny & going to be in the 70's here today, so a LONG WALK is on tap for later.

Happy Friday Everyone !:D

Becky

Wow - awesome workout :D! It was absolutely one of my faves - intense but short and it got the job done. (Of course, I am saying this the day after.... I might have had a difference response right after doing it yesterday :p )

Wowsa! Can't wait to see how jelloey my arms are once I hit the shower! :eek:

Terrific workout... I am not nearly as drained as I was a the end of Meso 1. Can't wait to see what Meso 3 brings! :D

Loved the whole thing but I had little problem on deadlifts. My target weight is asking for 76 lbs and I could barely finished the set. I am thinking my 1 RM calculated wrong. It is way too heavy for me.

I did this workout this morning and wasn't sure that I would even be able to get the barbell off the rack when I saw my weights on the workout card. But I pulled it out. Felt like I got a good workout the whole way through. What a way to end this mesocycle. I'm definitely ready for a recovery week and then to tackle Meso 3.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cathe-are we doing a checkin for our cardio next week????

Melissa-if you read this thread, I'm going to Syracuse next week and can't wait to hit Wegmans!!!

Bev

Yes Becky but do it now over the weekend so you still have Monday through Sunday of next week to recover :)

INTENSE!!! That's the word of the day !! (inspired of course by disc 24 !;))

Short but REALLY worked the back & biceps !!

I'm happy to have a rest week before starting Meso 3 .

Cathe, is it okay to do some 1rm testing that I forgot or didnt get right during the rest week ??

It's sunny & going to be in the 70's here today, so a LONG WALK is on tap for later.

Happy Friday Everyone !:D

Becky

Yes Bev, you betcha....a cardio check in for sure!

I did this workout this morning and wasn't sure that I would even be able to get the barbell off the rack when I saw my weights on the workout card. But I pulled it out. Felt like I got a good workout the whole way through. What a way to end this mesocycle. I'm definitely ready for a recovery week and then to tackle Meso 3.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cathe-are we doing a checkin for our cardio next week????

Melissa-if you read this thread, I'm going to Syracuse next week and can't wait to hit Wegmans!!!

Bev

Great work on Meso 2 Everyone! I can't believe we are soon on our way to doing the final chapter of STS. Enjoy your recovery week. Don't forget to check in next week :)

Boy, that was a good one. It just flew by.

I'm looking forward to the rest week. Then...BAM..welcome to meso 3.

Bev- have a great time in Syracuse. Isn't it amazing how addicted we can get to a grocery store??!!! I'll be there tomorrow morning myself.

Disc 24 Drop sets...Fantastic! This was a very strong day for me. Was able to go up on a few weights and truly impressed myself! DH and I are taking a much needed vacation (our first one in 15yrs and without the kids) and plan on enjoying rest week.;)
For the first time I am finally getting the results that I've been wanting. I can't wait for the weather to be warm enough so that I can show off these arms! Excited to see what's in store with Meso 3.

Love, love, love STS. I'm off to Punta Cana next week for my active recovery!! I will do cardio. Cathe, you're great, as always!!

WOW! This was a great workout! I loved the fact that it was quick. Didn't love how tough it was (or maybe I do?). I am loving STS. I can see slight definition in my arms - that "groove" that is supposed to be between the shoulder and bi/tri for example. Now to get the eating on track to get rid of the blubber on top of my newly chiseled muscles!

Carrie

Hi Cathe and STS gang!:)

Hip Hip Hooray! STS Disc #24 End of Mesocycle 2 -Back and Biceps!
Time= 43 min which just blew by with all the awesome dropsets. I love those!
Calories burned= 334

I found with this workout today for Back and Biceps I really felt like I'd truly increased my strength because this felt like it was extremely doable wt wise and fun. I think the drop sets are fun and do make the workout go by really quickly. I felt that my 80% of my One RM was very doable and comfortable for me. Which probably means I'm ready to go heavier. I've really noticed that I'm now lifting weights that are heavier than I even dreamed possible for me. Also as I'm getting stronger I feel less fatigued than when I began STS journey from day 1. I'm experiencing lots of positives with STS.

Then I added Butts & Guts - But just the Stability Ball Bonus abs= 15 min, those were a great compliment to today's STS back and biceps because it start off with some back exercises on the ball which felt great! Butts & Guis is an awesome workout, and I love the two ab section on it, they are intense and Cathe gets ya good!

Have a great weekend!:)

YAY! Meso 2 is in the bag! Fabulous! Loved the drop sets and loved having a back workout that didn't have barbell rows. My bicep work went much better without having done those rows. Mind you, the horizontal dumbbell rows weren't a walk in the park! Yes, I've been feeling my lats since I completed this workout yesterday. :confused:

I did KPC today, as per the rotation Cathe put together. It's recovery week from here on in! I plan to alternate cardio days with yoga & core days:

Sat: cycle class
Sun: yoga; Cathe's "Ab Marathon" she posted soooo long ago (abs from PUB, ME, KPC, if I recall correctly)
Mon: Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2
Tues: yoga; Bender Ball Advanced Abs routine
Weds: Amy Bento's In the Ring
Thurs: yoga; P90X+ Abs/Core
Fri: Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 3

Congratulations to everyone who's made it this far!

Sandra

Hi All,

Did this today. Love the drop-sets; the workout went so much quicker! But it was an intense 42 minutes though. Hardest exercise for me were the concentration curls. Had to spot quite a bit for those. Happy to say I made it through all the deadlifts--usually I give out on the 3rd set.

With all the DOMS going on right now, I can say I am looking forward to resting; but also hoping the week will go by quickly--anxious to start Meso 3!

Have a good weekend!

Um can I say DOMS? I have never felt the kind of DOMS in my whole back and arms as I have after this one by the next day! WOW... :eek:

Yay for completing meso 2

What a great cycle! I was sad to see meso 1 go and I am sure I will miss meso 2 once we get going with #3 tomorrow. This was a great workout month. I am so proud to have pushed myself past the comfort zone. I am amazed at how much weight I can lift. I broke through to a new bench press (flat) poudage: 80 lbs! and I was able to do the presrcibed 104 lbs for deadlifts today Hooray!!!

the weighted gloves really do make the work out. I still had trouble with concentration curls though.
all in all I am quite please with STS so far. I am looking forward to meso 3. Time for bed. I am ready to sleep as you can probably tell from my typing.

Doms 3 hours later!!

Hello Everyone

I am on the 6 month cycle and just did Disc 24. All I can say is WOW. Everything was killer but I could do it. My forearms are burning and my back feels very well "worked" but most of all my biceps are talking to me! I did not have my concentration curls high enough but now I am kinda glad because the barbell curls have done enough on their own! I can tweek those next week. Thanks Cathe

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.