STS Body Rockers - Week of October 30th :)

OH, I forgot to ask. I'm thinking of going a little crazy with STS and doing it double time (this idea has been talked about around the forums lately). Essentially, I would do 6 STS workouts a week instead of 3, and fit in 2-3 short cardio sessions where possible. I'm worried about gaining weight because i'll be reducing my cardio quite a bit (my body craves cardio) but i'd rather that happen in the winter when I can wear bulkier clothes. I don't plan on taking "active recovery weeks" either. I also think I will set it up so i'll do three STS workouts, then rest, the three STS workouts, rest/cardio, etc. Thoughts? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Good Morning Girls.

So this morning I did the Express Premix from Afterburn that includes all intervals one time thru. I enjoyed it alot. Some moves were tougher then others. Did I think it was really tough overall? No, but I liked it. I am assuming/hoping/figuring that when I do the work out in it's entirety where all intervals are repeated that it will be a lot harder. That's the plan for this weekend! Fingers crossed I am right! :)

BBIAB for personals.

katie The amount of candy my little guy got is redonx! I have endulged way to much for my own good!!!!!!! I sent most of it with hubby to his job. I try not to keep any candy,icecream or cookies in the house because i have no self control!Lets make a deal no more little candies...ok:D
BarbaraI know a lot are with out power, that storm really took me by suprise! I was not able to wrap my mind around the amount of snow! I hope u get power back asap!
Bridget how are ur shifts going? Are u able to work on those days? I find a cup of tea or coffee help at 4/5pm to help me get threw the rest of the shift! I love my spin class , good for you for getting done:cool:
wendy still Body rocking i see =)
krishi

kiki How are ya..so been thinking about not doing fitness pal anymore ...I feel i dont log all my food anyway ..lol
Ok ladies I had a crapy workout yesterday did m1 dis 10 but was intrupted a lot and felt it wasnt my best effort. But oh well today was spin gota love that. Looking forward to my rest week and enjoying some much need yoga. My diet has not been so great, not eating enough and then getting so hungry and making bad choices. I have to eat 5 small meals or i just get to hungry and cranky! I was reaching for a lot of junk,candy and icecream a little to much. hubby is always my little devil in my Sooo I can do all this fabulous work outs and not keep it clean=))))) SO if i can make it with no sweets for 1 week. I will treat myself to a new work out out fit@ ok lets get it done ladies=)))))))))))

Last edited:
Hello All!

Katie that sounds tough but I've read on the forums that people are doing it. When I do STS I don't lose weight, that's why when I was going to WW meetings I stopped. I'm on recovery week right now & I lost a pound since Sat. Go figure!!

Wendy, that's the premix I did. I didn't have time to do the whole thing but wanted to check out the the whole workout. It wasn't too bad, but I think doing each interval twice will add a whole new dimension!!

Last edited:
OH, I forgot to ask. I'm thinking of going a little crazy with STS and doing it double time (this idea has been talked about around the forums lately). Essentially, I would do 6 STS workouts a week instead of 3, and fit in 2-3 short cardio sessions where possible. I'm worried about gaining weight because i'll be reducing my cardio quite a bit (my body craves cardio) but i'd rather that happen in the winter when I can wear bulkier clothes. I don't plan on taking "active recovery weeks" either. I also think I will set it up so i'll do three STS workouts, then rest, the three STS workouts, rest/cardio, etc. Thoughts? Advantages? Disadvantages?

OK.....you asked..... :confused:

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but that's just me :p When I train, I train hard, and quite frankly, it would be near impossible for me to do it that w/o compromising my form, due to DOMS/overworked muscles from the previous day. It especially boggles my mind how people can do it w/M1 :confused: . The way that the body parts are combined makes it darn near impossible for me to do the wo's back to back. For instance: in M1, on chest day, triceps are the supporting muscles, but yet they are worked separately on back day. For me, I wouldn't be able to hit triceps as hard if I turned around and did them the next day. Same with back and biceps, I would never do back the day after bi's because I need the bi's to be in full attention (not pre-exhausted) when I go to do back work. This also applies to back day going right after leg day, considering the fact that they both contain deadlifts. I deadlift extremely heavy, and could really compromise my back by doing that. And that's just in M1! OMG by the time I get to M3, I lift so heavy, I'd surely tear something!

Split workouts like that were (IMHO) intended to be done just as Cathe scheduled them, once /wk. To me, anything else, is over kill. I feel that if I'm able to do the workouts that many times in a week, then I'm not lifting heavy enough :eek: . In addition, those workouts are LONG! Rofl!

But, to each his own, lol. And you know that I'd totally support you either way, lol! :p I think that if you can knock down that many wo's in a week, you could probably cut back on the cardio. But you're def right in doing it during the winter, lol - just in case ;)

On that note, I'm not even gonna tell you what I'm gonna be doing this winter as far as my wo's, lol. Because you'd probably think I was insane :eek:

Last edited:
Morning Ladies.

Today's w/o was Squeeze Stronger upper body and waist premix. My arms are like wet noodles still-2.5 hours after I finished the work out!:)

Boy do I have DOMS in my butt from Afterburn. Holy cow! :eek: Padded toilet seat time! :D

BBIAB for personals.

Hello!

This morning's workout was AfterBurn. Woot woot! I really enjoyed the workout! Tough yet fun. I didn't think it was as tough as say CCC or Imax 3, but I worked up a great sweat and loved every second of the workout. My wrists are really sore from yesterday's workout so I modified the last few plank moves.

Kiki: There ya go making valid points again. How annoying. KIDDING! :D I completely understand what you are saying, and you're right. Candidly I'm reluctant to start another STS rotation simply because of the amount of time each rotation takes. My body responds best to circuit/cardio and three months of "split" workouts is tough! Maybe I should quit being such a big damn baby and just do it. :D

Wendy: Great workout this morning! I love that wet noodle feeling in my muscles. ;) Padded toilet seat time? EEK! I'm in trouble! :)

Wiggie: I have the same problem with STS. I've been losing weight recently, so i'm reluctant to go back to a "no weight loss" period. There is a downside to losing weight though - my pants no longer fit! DH commented that my to large pants are making me look bigger. That's a compliment right? :confused: :rolleyes:

Erin: Great plan to cut back on the sweets! I can't wait to hear all about your new workout outfit (you can do this!!). :) Like you, I can't keep anything sweet in the house. I have no control AT ALL. I threw out most of the Halloween candy. I just couldn't see throwing away everything - don't wanna be wasteful right? :D :eek: Okay, okay I promise to do better.

Kris: WHERE ARE YOU???? COME BACK!

Hi Barbara, Bridget, and Terina!

kate i agree with kiki. I would just burn out really quick too. I love working out but doing to much makes me resent it or hate doing. I work out because its something i enjoy and is good for me. I could never be that person that can do cardio in the morning and then weights in the eve. Uggh no way i need to just be done!
K quick check in have to put the lo down for a nap in a min. I woke up feeling pretty crappy. HAte this time of year those kiddos are bringing home every little cold. So i am sitting here sipping some tea and took some meds hoping i can perk up a bit. plan for today is disc 11 hope to get that in while he is sleeping. I also did abs yesterday and feel them talking to me today as well. During the last leg work out i relized just how much i need my strong core! so reluctantly i am making myself do some ab work.Ok off for now bbl

Hi there everyone:)

Quick check in for now: yesterday was Afterburn and today I did Cardio Supersets - following the Nov. LIS rotation - today was supposed to be a rest day already, but I had 2 rest days this week already and felt up to CSS, so did it:) I loved AB again - very tough, but very fun for sure:) I enjoyed CSS again too:)

Crazy with work stuff for me right now - annndd, my husband is home right now, he works out of town and has been gone for quite a while - so that's the explanation for my absence from the boards these last few days:)

I'll be back this afternoon for personals:)

Kris

Okay Kris fine. I guess that's a valid excuse for skipping out on us. :p KIDDING! Go spend as much time with your hubby as you can. We completely understand, and will be here when you get back. :)

ricklyk1 said:
Kiki: There ya go making valid points again. How annoying. KIDDING! :D I completely understand what you are saying, and you're right. Candidly I'm reluctant to start another STS rotation simply because of the amount of time each rotation takes. My body responds best to circuit/cardio and three months of "split" workouts is tough! Maybe I should quit being such a big damn baby and just do it. :D

Ah my dear sweet Katie :p, it seems I've used up my ramble tickets for the day, which is such a sad thing because I have SO many thoughts/theories on this subject...but for now, let's suffice it say that:

1) being an "endomorph" type, in addition to being short, my body also needs cardio to be whipped into tip-top shape (notice the "tip top" part)

2) I despise cardio

3) I adore weight lifting

4) I adore eating

5) In order for me to gain muscle, I also gain the tiniest bit of fat

6) muscle burns fat, weighs more, and makes me look leaner

7) cardio burns fat, makes me weigh less, and helps me to lean out

8) excess cardio also burns muscle

9) I despise cardio

10) muscle loves to be fed

11) I love to eat

12) when I reach a plateau with cardio I typically need longer/more amounts of it

13) when I reach a plateau w/weights, I up them, while still working out the same amount of time

So basically I take the sum of these items and make my conclusions, as everyone must do for their own bodies. I know that some people adore cardio, so that would of course tip their scales in a different direction than mine, as they would seek more of the thing that they crave. I on the other hand, decided very early on that cardio would always be my last resort. And if it weren't for the health benefits, idk if I'd do it at all, lol.

So my philosophy boils down to: lift weights and do minimum amounts of cardio until I can't take it anymore (typically done in winter when layers are in season ;), this is also typically STS time, you will notice that I do not do STS once spring has hit). Following STS I move to full body workouts and count them as cardio in addition to my cardio days, eventually I add i circuits (thus upping cardio again), and continue in this manner for as long as I need to maintain an extremely slim, "cut", and exposed (due to warmer weather) physique. This typically runs me to the end of summer, where I begin to notice that I am losing some muscle mass (even though I'm "thin") and begin itching to get back to my fall/winter routine. As long as my clothes fit, I don't sweat it (in cooler months), but when it's time for all those muscles I've been building to strut their stuff, I decrease the cals and pile on the cardio. So basically, for me, cardio is just the difference between me having/building muscles (cold weather = less cardio), and everyone else seeing them, as clear as day (warmer weather, "cutting", defined muscles) :cool:

But both cycles need each other...because I can't "cut/define" what isn't there (and after so many months of higher rep/cardio based wo's, my muscles do begin to "disappear"), but there's no point in all the muscle building, if I can't enjoy it when it counts ;)

I also know that this changes as I age, which is why I'm trying to stretch it out as long as possible now. Slooooowly increasing the cardio as I age....

Ah...it appears I've gone and rambled again :rolleyes: I ask that you accept my penance :p

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been MIA for a few days. WW weigh in yesterday, still only lost 0.4lbs. I get a tad bit frustrated at the other members who lose 2lbs and walk 30 minutes 3x a week for their exercise when I am at the top end of my HR for 45-60 minutes 3-4x a week & doing weights the other 2. Am I not eating enough or am I too hard on myself?

Come on! I'm busting my hump on a spin bike at 5am- why can't I lose 2.2lbs?

As I whine, I didn't exercise today or on Tuesday at all. I spun yesterday to her Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon mix- which is expecially terrifying at the end when we have an all out 2 minute surge to the top of the moon at maximum tension in position 3- my HR monitor desperately beeps, and I push it anyway. I'm working til 8pm tonight, but I signed up for spinning tomorrow morning before working another 12hour shift.

Kris- the Nov rotation is up? I should check that out!

Kiki- rant away my friend, I prefer weight work to cardio any day, except for my new found love for spinning. I'm thinking of going back to STS myself- I like the continuity of it- I've been off STS for about a month, and I'm not seeing more dramatic wt loss even with more cardio.

Katie- I brought the leftover halloween candy to my WW meeting- we donated it to servicemen & women overseas. I see the donation as a win-win

Wendy- I am impressed with how long the afterburn effect has remained in my backside from Saturday.

Erin- when I was a younger nurse, I could do a cup of coffee at the end of my 12hr shift to get me through the last few hours, however I am a little older now and that only serves to keep me up at night. Yesterday, dd told me, "Mom, I like your new schedule" as I pick her up from school. That's why I work the crazy hours, for more time with my family.

Wiggie- maybe I'll add AT on Saturday, I'm seeking a Saturday w/o

Barb- where are you? I live in CT, and the majority of the state is having power/transportation issues from the storm- my little slice of the state was spared, all we got was snow that melted later in the day on Sunday.

I type this from work, where my last patient left 90 minutes ago, but I still remain til 8pm. Looking forward to hitting my bed!

Bridget

Morning Ladies.

Well my glutes are still sore from AB and now my core and biceps are SCREAMING at me over Squeeze y'day! :eek: I was a trooper though and worked out despite the pain! :p I did the 1-4 Express Premix of Cardio Supersets and have to say I liked it alot! This was one I had previewed and was disappointed in but after doing it some of it I am much happier with it.

Bridget:: I hear ya on AB..I'm still feelin' it myself as you can see! Weight loss can be slow and tricky. Play around with your work outs. Sometimes less is more or maybe you just need to change up your routine. Try circuits for a while maybe. You won't know until you try! :)

Katie:: So how's the post AB tushy feeling this moring? ;)

Erin:: Sorry you are struggling with food right now. It happens to all of us. Today is a new day though. You can do better...and you WILL! :)

Hello to everyone else!

I'll be back!:cool:

ok. So I just wrote this wonderful post of personals, telling you all how special you are to me, etc...

Hit the wrong button and.......................... :mad: Apparently, I've officially met my "rant" quota. :rolleyes:

So, yeah, basically..Hey, hope everyone's having a great day.

:mad:

Last edited:
KIKIhaha hate when that happens!! Huggs ;)
Bridget I love per diem for that reason, i love i get to pick up and drop off my son! Its long shift but then its done!!!!
K just a quick hello as usual lots to do. Baby was up with a nasty fever last night so not going on much sleep here. I just did ab premix with turbo abs and my abs are killing me still from the last ab work out! I have seriously negleted them to much! My hubby came home with 3 pints of hagen daz ice cream last night! We love the carmel cone flavor and its never around so he thought it was a great idea to stock up, since it was there! Well umm i vow...i will not touch it=))))) I will have a less clean dinner though, not bad but has butter in the recepie ...so its not 100 % clean. Still has ww pasta and turkey meatballs =) I work tomorrow and i bought a new lunch cooler for my trouf as my hubby calls it lol. I eat every 3hrs x 12hrs= lots of food and water=) I know my weight is not moving but i do see things changing no doubt about it. Ok off to jump in the shower before baby gets up!
Big wave to everyone i missed =))))))

Hi im still here from my phone so I can't do personal. I still have no power. This is so stressing me out. I loss 1 lb. which I am happy about. Be back soon!

Good evening gang!
Spinning this morning at the crack of butt in the morning :)
I do love to spin, she played Led Zepplin's Whole Lotta Love in the mix and it was truly motivating! Not sure about tomorrow morning- maybe a high step workout or a body max- something different...

I'm checking in from work, have a lul this evening, waiting for 8pm so I can go home...

Barb- where are you that you don't have power still?? Thinking of you!
Kiki-hate when that happens
Wendy- ah, the afterburn bottom effect- That will be the workout that I love to hate!
Erin- Rum Raisin ice cream is my drug of choice lately- knock wood- haven't had in almost 2 weeks, but I know I can have it if I need to.

Good night all
Bridget

barbarahope u get power asap!!! hugs
krishi we totally understand ur disapperace:p
Quick check in before i head out to work. I am soo tired, baby had another ruff night. I think this doesnt help either with weight loss, think my body is in shock from lack of sleep lol. My cooler is packed and hope to have a good day. Sunday will be my last work out before my rest week! ummm and my butt is talking to me after AB gotta love it. ok have a great one ladies:cool:

Good Morning Ladies.

While awaiting the arrival of the washing machine repair man (washer has been down since last weekend :() this morning, I managed to get in BR's Butt Fat Melt Down work out (13 mins) + plus the first 15 mins of Low Impact Challenge and I am happy with that for today! Tmrw I am considering trying Turbo Barre :D...so long as my lower body is talking to me anyway!:p

Last night I went out straight from work with an ex coworker I was friendly with the entire time I've been at my job. He left the bank a few months back and we've been in touch so we decided to meet for drinks and appetizers. It was nice to catch up. Ended up not getting home until like 10pm.

Heading out this afternoon with my BF for lunch and a few drinks at the mall and then either a movie or some shopping. :) Tonight I have no plans but who knows how long BF and I will hang out! LOL

Tomorrow is pretty much chore day...I am hoping though that it doesn't have to include a trip to the laundry mat. :rolleyes:

Guess that's all for now.

BBL or in the morning.
Have a great day.

ETA:: Repairman just left...so much for my wish to NOT have to go to the laundry mat tmrw! ugh.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.