STS Body Rockers - Week of October 23rd!

AB IS A GREAT WORKOUT

Today I did AB,and that is one TOUGH workout!!! but its a great one!!!!!
Now I'm about to preview the others to choose which one for tomorrow.

I found 3 of her resistance tubing at CVS/LONGS DRUGS =) I was so excited! also too because I had checked Sports Authority and they didn't have it. =) Its raining Cathe for me!!

Kris-I really enjoyed the sliding disc,better than paper plates :)

Bridget-Im looking forward to doing Yoga Max :)

Hi Wendy!!!!

Terina: I'm looking forward to that one! I'm thinking it'll end up being a fave ;)

Kris: Thanks for your review :D. I'm contemplating doing S&G today, it's a toss up between that and CSS, so we'll see.....

Bridget: We previewed Yoga Max on the RT, and it was fab! We all agreed that our ab DOMS the next day, was more from the Yoga than the wo's! :eek: Oh, and BTW, Yay on the loser fitting clothes! ;)

Barbara: Let us know how your new schedule of taking your meds works out for ya. I hope that you find a work around, so that you're not drowsy during the workouts, that's no good :confused:. I think you might be able to modify some of the new wo's to make them work for you. Maybe one of the TB premixes or the yoga? Even the spin could work if you stay in the saddle, and just work at your own pace ;)

Wendy: So what'd you decide on today? Did you rock it out or try out some super short premix somewhere, lol? :p

Yeah buddy I found me one I really like! :) This morning I did Athletic Training and LOVED the workout! It reminds me of high reps plus a little cardio. It moves very quickly, and I even had to pause twice for 15/20 seconds to catch my breath. Cathe keeps the weights light (8 pounds and under) but I still worked up a fantastic burn in my muscles. This one is definitely a keeper.

Kiki: Thanks for your review of TB! I'm so excited about this one! Have I mentioned I love ballet workouts? :p (I think i've said that 20 times already). What workout did you decide to do today?

Terina: Fantastic job surviving Afterburn! That one scares me slightly. :eek: I swear i'm going to quit being a baby and give it a go...soon...maybe...in the near future. :p

Kris: Your review of S&G makes me very excited to give that workout a shot! The moves with the discs look deceptively easy. I ran into that during CSS. I thought burpees with the discs, no problem. WRONG! :eek: :rolleyes: I completely agree that these workouts complement the rest of Cathe's workouts perfectly.

Bridget: Thanks for your review of Yoga Max. Now I want to do THAT workout. Oh my goodness, so many choices, so little time. :) I say give Upper Body Trisets a shot! After all that spinning i'm sure your legs are exhausted. ;)

Barb: I hope you're able to find a workout schedule that works for you! Many of the new workouts have short, express premixes. Maybe try one of them? Even if you have to modify substantially just the change from walking might be what you need to get that scale moving in the right direction. :) Also, have you ever tried Yoga Booty Ballet? I used that series when I first started working out and LOVED it.

Wendy: Yeah I was a little disappointed in CSS. I mean, it wasn't a bad workout, it just didn't live up to my expectations. BUT, I had very high expectations, so ya know, maybe i'm just being to picky. :confused: :eek:

Hi Erin!

Katie

Good morning All!!

Yesterday was a busy day, didn't get home till almost 8, but I had to try 1 of the new workouts. I decided on afterburn the express intervals 1 - 10. It was 32 minutes & I felt like I got a good workout. I think if I had done the whole thing I would have been dripping with sweat. I really enjoyed the new moves. I'm at work so I'll have to make this check in quick. BBL with personals if I can, having trouble with my internet.

Have a great day!!

Oh, I forgot to say my workout this evening will be a Zumba class at the Y, the county got a hook up & the class is only 2 dollars. Katie is making me want to do Athletic Training, if I have the energy I might do a premix of that when I get home.

Last edited:
wiggle love that you were soo tired but got a work in anyway:)
katiethat sounds like one i would love! MAn i wish I wish i didnt work tomorrow or i do that one!
kikihey what u end up doing today? made me some turnovers..have yet to try but they look great!
terinayeah for loving the new workouts! Glad you found some stuff that must feel fab
kristhanks for the review sounds like another fun one=) I think your right on about mixing it up again.
bridget was it you who was going to start the 8-8 shift? Glad you got your discs..looks like fun stuff. Congrats on the weight loss. I notice a huge diffrence in my belly fat ..lol but nothing on the scale. So u may have lost more that the scale says!!!!!
pace1987/B] did u try spin in the sattle. I think you will do fine with out ww and just do online. WE are all here to help=)
Ok ladies just finished m1 d8...man this is flying by. I tell ya those cross body kickbacks make me giggle. I have to use my hand at the end to help the weight get back to the top of the move. Does that make sense...lol its just like my tri give up , i must look so silly. I love that this women can make me shake, fall on my face and need help lifting with my other hand lmaoooo. So tomorrow is a work day, got lots of packing to do for my cooler. OFF to get started. Sat will be my leg day in the AM and then off to a party for the kiddies. HAve a great one ladies.

Wiggie: Great job getting that workout in last night! You're so much more motivated than me. :eek: I definitely would have hit the couch. :D After hearing your (and everyone else's) thoughts about Afterburn i'm very excited (and very scared) to give this workout a shot! :)

Erin: IKWYM re: those cross body kickbacks - they are crazy tough! It's like you're trucking along just fine and then BAM, your tricep says "nope, not going one step further" and just quits. :p Great job pushing through! Have a great time with the munchkins this weekend.

Did total body triceps- upper this morning. It is a challenging workout- lots of balance challenge, core stabilizing moves with weights on the ball. She will do 3 exercises 2 sets each (I lost count how many total trisets there were). The moves were challenging, and thank goodness there were always modifications- which makes the workout very do-able on a weak day or on a day when you need a challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing how the leg workout compares.

Tomorrow I spin, Saturday, looking for some serious calorie burning- thinking one of the new LIS- maybe afterburn with the cardio superset add on. If the LIS weren't in, I would be doing a body max. Had a doughnut this morning and there is Halloween candy in the building, which makes me weak every time.

Kiki- the abdominal DOMS took me by surprise this morning from yoga max, it is more energizing than relaxing. Is she doing another Disney RT??

Kris- glider question...on carpet do you not use the black covers? I see myself using them like paper plates on my carpet.

Katie- my legs crave the spin bike!!! (if that makes any sense) it is actually easier for me to motivate myself to go to spin class at 5am than to do a video. Maybe athletic training on Saturday??? I need to burn calories..

Barb- did you turbo fire?

Wiggie- got home late, did an After burn premix, zumba, then Athletic Training??? You go girl!

Erin- yep, I start 8-8 shifts next week monday, thursday, friday- no weekends, no call, and I am looking forward to it! Glad you are seeing the results in STS.

Terena- I found some Cathe gear at Marshalls- 10lb vest, kettle balls, 2lb gloves- nothing I really needed, but I was surprised to find it there.

Hi Wendy
Have a great day all!

Bridget

I went to go and preview Afterburn and and of doing most of it. I didn't even have my workout clothes on. It is a fun workout. My disc that came with Cathe did not work so I use my furniture mover which work great. I give this a 2 thumbs up!

Hi y'all...yes, it's me back after almost 4 months of recovery from my broken shoulder and arm. Oi, it is healing and I have finally been working out again, but really could not start until about a month ago...blah blah blah.

Anyway...

I am posting to say "hi" to the "oldies" who were here at the beginning of the summer when I was here....mainly Kiki, Katie and Wendy

HI! I hope you are well.

Wendy: did you see that Zuzanna and Freddy are separating...that is sooo stinky.. I am so not good with that. Not that it is any of my business, but for crying out loud, when you follow their workouts....ya know!

A very late check in:

Today I did Total Body Trisets Upper Body. Another Great one!!!!! Its all new different moves, I should of watched one time b4 doing this workout to know what weights to use. So today I went light.

Hello All!! The Zumba class at the Y was fun, I was drenched in sweat when I finished. The Athletic Training remix didn’t happen.

Erin, I know what you mean about the cross body kickback, I see I’m not the only one who has to do that!!

Barb, I enjoyed Afterburn also. I only did the premix, I hope I can make it through the full workout!!

Wendy, Keep on rockin it!!

Bridget, on carpet you don’t use the covers on carpet, they are to protect your wood floor. Congrats on the weight loss!!

Terina, great job on TBT, which one will be next?

Kris, glad you are enjoying the workouts, keep the reviews coming!!

Katie, give Afterburn a try, I’m sure you’ll love it!!

Kiki, glad you liked TB, maybe I’ll join you next time!

Hi Tracy!!

Now back to work!! Have a great day!!!!

Good Morning.

UGH. Overslept today. No work out AGAIN!!! That's three rest days this week! WTH is my problem?!? :confused::eek::eek::rolleyes:

WW Weigh in this morning...Trying to maintain and lost weight. Still having personal issues so eating isn't where it should be which is what I attribute it to. This too shall pass....:confused:

Anyone have fun plans this weekend? We are planning a trip to the mall for some shopping and probably going to take DS to the movies to see Puss In Boots. Expecting some yucky weather so all activities will be indoors. Gonna make the best of it! :)

BBL~

Wendy, that's just your body trying to tell you something. Sorry that you're having personal issues, sending good vibes your way. Love your gonna make the best of it attitude. Enjoy your weekend.!!

Hubby & I plan to go out to breakfast tomorrow & then play golf.

Last edited:
Spinned this morning- Ted Nugent "Stranglehold" is the best hill climbing song- then she did these intervals that sent my HR into the stratosphere just before the cooldown- LOVE IT

Terina- I did Total Body Trisets upper body yesterday- there are some serious DOMS cooking from my neck to abs. That's what the aleve is for!

Wendy- hugs & good vibes being sent your way- don't beat yourself up over the exercise, probably the least of your worries, it is there for you when you're ready

Wiggie- it's freezing cold here in CT, where do you live that you are golfing?

Tracy- welcome back!! Are you back on the bicycle again?

Hi Kris, Katie, Erin, Kiki & Barb- have a great Friday

Bridget

Happy Friday!

No workout for me today; it's my scheduled rest day. I'm going to my parent's house tomorrow for the day. Tomorrow night my DH and I are going out with friends to our favorite pizza parlor and then to the UK football game. The judge gave me free tickets to the game so we are excited. Plus UK is playing Mississippi State so we might actually have a chance of winning (that rarely happens with UK football :rolleyes: ).

I'm loving how active this board has been lately! Fantastic! :)

Tracy: SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!! We've sure missed you around here. How is that shoulder doing? Still mending? What workouts have you been doing lately? Make sure to take extra good care of that shoulder! :)

Bridget: Fantastic job kicking butt at spinning this morning!

Wendy: Aww gal i'm sorry you are having a tough go lately. :( Maybe the extra stress is just wearing your poor body down so it is crazvng the extra sleep? It sounds like you've got a fun weekend ahead! Enjoy!

Wiggie: The Zumba class sounds like fun! I've always wanted to try Zumba, but i'm an AWFUL dancer (I mean really awful). Keep up the good work! Have fun playing golf tomorrow!

Terina: Are you feeling the DOMS today from Total Body Trisets? ;) Just previewing that one gave me DOMS! :p

Barb: Fantastic job with Afterburn! Why didn't your discs work? That sucks! :mad:

Hi Kiki and Erin!

Katie

Hi Bridget!! I live in SC. It's been cooler lately, but not cold. It balances out though, in the summer we often have temps of around 100 degrees.

Ricky my disc didn't work on my puzzle mat, go figure. But at least my furniture mover work and I didn't have to pay for the Cathe disc thank goodness.

Well I didn't do cyclemax because when I went to do it the gear wasn't working on my bike, it was staying in 1 gear. My husband will fix it tonight, but I did do Low Impact Challenge. It was a little tricky to learn. I was all over the place. I think it will take a few times to learn. The end was a killer. Good leg workout. Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Run for cover! The sky is falling b/c I finally did a new Cathe work out this morning!!!! :D I had a good friend of mine pick my poison for me today. She didn't pre-order this series so she was trying to decide which ones she should purchase if any. She asked me to do Athletic Training today so I could report back to her on it so that's what I did. :) I enjoyed it! Very good work out. Kinda long for me though! :p;)

After I was done and showered we went out for a fattening very non Body Rockin' STS breakfast. I had pork roll n cheese on a bagel! :eek: OMG it was sooooo good! We are leaving in a few mins to take DS to see Puss In Boots in 3D and from there we will the mall for some shopping and then dinner. Today has been dubbed a free eating day for me. Just not worrying about it! Actually it started with dinner last night! We made Blueberry Champagne Pancakes!!!! YUM!!!! Lunch will be popcorn! :D

Back to business tmrw though!

Gotta scram...BBL!:cool:

This morning did After Burn- what is missing in impact is more than made up in intensity! Holy crap! (excuse me) The running mans, running spidermans & OMG- the BURPEES were challenging to say the least. There are 10 intervals, each has 2 exercises that she repeats for 2 sets each, and trust me, I was counting them down. I had every intention of adding on low impact challenge add on step routine, but it didn't happen. I like the discs, they are a step up from the paper plates.

Wendy- Blueberry champagne pancakes!! Sounds good (won't ask point count, I'm sure you burned quite a few points doing Athletic Training) Welcome out of your slump, that's gotta feel good.

Barbara- I've gotta add low impact challenge to my list too.

Katie- ah, rest day, pizza & football- sounds good to me- good luck to your team!

Hi Terena, Kiki, Kris, Wiggie & Tracy

have a great weekend all

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.