STS Body Rockers - Week of Nov 7th

erin1621

Cathlete
Hi all did not see us up for this week yet so i guess ill start:p
Its rest week=)))))) I am really excited to have some free time. I plan on doing so LIS yoga and maybe a real yoga class before i Start MEso 2. I hope everyone has a great week. BBL:cool:

Good Monday morning everyone -

Thanks for getting us started Erin! Just a quick check in for me right now as I must get to work, but wanted to at least say a quick Hi:) Got some good workouts in this weekend - Saturday was Low Impact Challenge (not so much a great workout for me - since I have the 2 left feet - I more previewed it while doing a bunch of Kickbox moves and jumping jacks - so got a good workout - but not from 'doing' LIC), Sunday was S&G Cardio and TBT UB, this a.m. was TBT LB (swapped the days in the rotation for those 2 due to more time yesterday with no work:) I think I'll be limping around here later today and tomorrow with LB Doms. I really like both of the TBT workouts:) Got some UB Doms today.

Will be back later to catch up the last few days personals from everyone - hope you all have a great day,

Kris

Good morning!

Yesterday's workout was Turbo Barre. I about didn't survive. :eek: I kept getting major butt cramps in the supporting leg. OWIE! I actually enjoyed the upper body work (I didn't think I would like it :rolleyes:). It was really short but high reps and I was feeling it at the end.

This morning I did Low Impact Challenge. I REALLY like this one; it is just tons of fun (quit rolling your eyes Kiki :p ).

Erin: Thanks for getting us started for the week! Enjoy your rest week. You've earned it fo sho. :)

Kiki: Okay, okay i'm convinced. I'm not going to do STS double time. Actually I think I would have burned out after 2-3 weeks anyway. :confused: Thanks for saving me from myself! ;) Really i'm just being a big chicken. Since finishing my first round of STS i've FINALLY started seeing some actual weight loss, and I don't want it to stop! Now, I don't really care aobut the number of scale, but i'm loving the fact that all my pants are now huge on me now and i'm afraid if I cut back on the cardio i'll gain. SIGH. Okay, here's the game plan. I'm going to stick with cardio/circuits/some splits through December and January. This will keep my out of control eating kinda under control and hopefully rid of any "holiday weight" i've gained. Then in February, I'll start a second round of STS. I'll finish up by the end of April, just in time to kick back up the cardio for summer and show off my muscles. Deal? :)

Wendy: Did you have a good weekend hanging out with friends? How do the washing machine woes go? How frustrating!! I agree 100% with your review of Turbo Barre! :)

Bridget: WTG with Body Max 2! That one is a killer! :) Any luck with the swordfish recipe?

Wiggie: Great workouts lately! Do you have a favorite LIS workout yet?

ETA: Oops Kris we posted at the same time! :) I love that you previewed LIC while doing kickbox moves and jumping jacks. I usually preview with my butt plastered to the couch. :D Hehe! Enjoy the DOMS! :p

Waves to everyone else! Have a great Monday all!

Katie

Last edited:
Good Morning...

No work out for me this morning. I intended to do one but it just didn't work out that way. No big deal. Now I'll have extra energy for tmrw's work out. ;)

Erin:: Enjoy the extra free time!!!

Katie:: Posting at the same time! OMG my support leg was KILLING me during TB! I think it hurt more then the working leg!!!!:eek: I loved the u/b work. I barely made it through all the reps!!! In fact, I had to skip a few. I was dying!:eek: I had a fun w/e hanging out with friends. :) My washing machine is down until the 15th so I made a trip to the laundry mat y'day. Gotta do what you gotta do, right? :rolleyes:

Good morning All!!

I started Meso 2 yesterday with disc 13, I previewed TB & ended up doing 20 minutes of it followed by skipping rope for 10 minutes. I think I will really like TB alot. I lost 1.4 pounds during my rest week, didn't lose anything during Meso 1. I hope Meso 2 will be different.

Katie, my favorites so far are Athletic Training & LIC.

Back to work, BBL

Good afternoon everyone! I am just so happy that I have power tv internet and phone!

I haven't worked out in a week but will go for a walk later. My vertigo has been really good lately.

Happy to say that I am down .8lb this morning from a few days ago. Monday will be my new weigh in day.

Wiggie WTG on the loss!

ricklyk1 said:
This morning I did Low Impact Challenge. I REALLY like this one; it is just tons of fun (quit rolling your eyes Kiki :p ).

ROFLMBO !!!!! You know me TOO well! Haha!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Katie:: OMG my support leg was KILLING me during TB! I think it hurt more then the working leg!!!!:eek:

I was thinking the exact same thing! My working leg was like the energizer bunny, it could have just kept going and going, but my supporting leg was absolutely dying just a few reps into each move. I had to pause more times than I'd like to admit. :eek: I one point I let out a wailing NOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOORE. :D :p I can't believe your washing machine is out of commission until the 15th! That's crazy talk!!!

Hi there everyone -

Back for personals:)

Kiki - love your advice - ("I despise cardio" - ;):)twice - I'm there with you - I do prefer strength workouts too) I really appreciate the knowledge you have and the way that you help everyone, so nice, you really educate me:)

Wendy - I hear you too on the support leg feeling TB! And love the name "Butt Fat Meltdown" - I need that one for sure! Sorry you're having Washing machine trouble :(

Wiggie - great workouts for you! Congratulations for starting Meso 2!

Katie - Great workouts for you too, congratulations! - glad you enjoy LIC, I don't think I'll be there any time soon. I'll probably sub another step workout next time it comes up in my rotation, I'm very jealous of your lack of 2 left feet :) :eek:

Bridget - I hear you with the lack of weight loss frustration - I know you've been working so hard - doesn't seem fair - I try to focus on changes in measurements, how clothes fit, but I know how frustrating it is. Great job on Body Max 2 - tough tough! yep, no time change here - have to get used to where we stand on time difference now with everywhere else:)

Erin - enjoy your rest week!

Barbara - so glad your power is back on! Congratulations on the weight loss! Great job, glad your vertigo is better.

Hi Terina!

Hope you all have a great night!

Kris

Good morning friends!

Not sure what I am doing today- have a packed day off planned- I think I work harder on my days off than my days on-
I did spin yesterday morning- of course! There is a great group of people there with me!

Katie- We did the swordfish real simple- a little olive oil, salt & pepper on the grill, then served with salad greens with mandarin oranges, thin sliced red onions, chopped calamata olives & a little feta with some french bread on the side- 11 points (all worth it!) I ate this for 3 nights in a row! (fresh salad tho)

Barbara- welcome back to the wired world! Glad you have you power back!

Wiggie- WTG on Meso 2! Congrats on losing wt on your rest week!

Erin- Enjoy your rest week

Kris- Did you do Triset lower body? I'm thinking of adding that one next...

Wendy- sorry bout your washer, can Santa bring you a new one next month?

Hi Terena & Kiki

Bridget

Hi ladies!

This morning's workout was Athletic Training. I think it was tougher this time around! :rolleyes: I was literally dripping sweat and loving it. :D The only thing I wimped out on slightly was the push-ups - I did half on my toes and half on my knees. Is it possible to get worse at push-ups?? :confused:

Bridget: WOW; just reading your swordfish recipe is making me hungry! :) I find the simplest recipes are often my favs. I'm not a huge fish person, but i'll eat tilapia filets cooked in a skillet with onions and garlic, then drizzled with lemon juice, lime juice, and hot sauce, and baked for 10 minutes. Simple yet delicious!

Kris: My lack of two left feet is my fitness secret weapon. :p I use my ability to pick up complex coreography to offset my inability to lift heavy. ;) Well, that doesn't really make any sense now that I think about it, but you know what I mean. :p

Barbara: YAY so glad you are back with us with power and internet and everything! :p Keep your vertigo sunny side up! :p and congrats on the weight loss!

Wiggie: LIC and AT are my two favorites too. So glad to hear the scale is moving in the right direction. Keep up the great work!

Good Morning.

Today's work out was 300 reps of jump rope for a warm up. A 16 minute BR called Hot Fit & Tight that went like this::

Dynamic Squats
Reverse Push Ups
Dive Bomber Push Ups
Prisoner Get Ups

Each exercise was done separately in it's own 4 min interval of 10s rest/30s work-max reps for a total 16 min work out. Killer! :eek:

Then I finished up with a 100 reps of assorted ab work. Not a lot but it sure was a burner! :eek:

Katie:: So you wanna do Turbo Barre again with me this weekend? We can compare more torture stories when we are done? ;) Good job with Athletic Training! I need to finish learning Low Impact Challenge. How does the choreo compare to HIS in your opinnion? Sorry about the push ups frustrating you...do BR for a while. You will improve! I sure did! :)

Bridget:: OMG that swordfish sounds awsome! :) I'm actually getting my washing machine fixed on the 15th. Far less expensive then replacing the unit. First repair since we bought it 8 years ago so it's worth it.

Kris:: Yup, leave it up to Zuzanna to keep her work out names interesting! LOL

Barb:: Glad you've got your vertigo under control and that all of your power etc has finally been restored in your home!

Wiggie:: Congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!:)

Kiki:: Oh come on girl! Give Low Impact Challenge a try with me! What I've done so far really isn't bad...I swear! ;)

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!

Back from the recovery week. Kicked off yesterday w/D14. It was actually supposed to be D13, but I had to manuever some things a bit so as to fit in some LIS stuff this Meso. I'm finding a lot of the new stuff is giving me leg/glute/and lower back DOMS, so I didn't wanna put them in the middle of my leg and back day, as traditionally set up. So my own personal STS LIS rotation will be:

Monday: Legs
Tues: Chest/tri/shoulder
Wed: LIS (a more leg/lower back intense one)
Thurs: other cardio of choice (not as lower back intense, i.e. boxing, etc)
Fri: Back/bi
Sat: rest
Sun: LIS stretch

Not that anyone cared, but there it is :p. But on that note, I do feel my TTOM migraine in the works, and that schedule is more than likely subject to change. :rolleyes: I really tried to work it so that my recovery week coincided w/TTOM (yes, a little anal, but I know that TTOM usually puts me outta commission, so I prefer it to be a time where I've planned to do so :p) but I was off by a hair :mad:

Wendy: hmmm...Hot Fit & Tight? I might have to throw that one in the mix. :cool: Almost looks doable for Ms. Achilles (minus your jump roping nonsense) whatta ya think? As for this LIC talk :rolleyes: .............. *sigh* only for you, Wendy, would I even CONSIDER it (did I really just type that I was considering it? :confused: )

Katie: You and your "step"! ^^^^^Do you see what you're about to rope me into? :mad: You are soooooooo gonna owe me that coffee! (and possibly a scone, if I'm feelin rebellious :cool: ) And tell DH "don't wait up!!!" :p

Bridget: Enjoy your day off. Hope you get a little time to wind down and enjoy.... ;)

Erin: Any big plans for the week off? If this whole migraine thing sets off, I may end up starting M2 same time as you, lol. Those things last me at least a few days :rolleyes: Hopefully you and the little one can catch up on some much needed sleep. And some good stretching couldn't hurt... :)

Barbara: SOOO glad to hear you're back w/power. AND lost weight!!! Way to go! Since you're feeling good, I hope you get to play around w/more of the new wo's ;)

Wiggie: Congrats on the weight loss! It's funny you saying that you lost on your rest week, because my DH said the same to me. He was like "what is it about your week off that makes you look even leaner/more defined?" :confused: He said that he notices it every time I'm on a rest week, lol. I told him it's because the rest is when the magic happens, not during the workout. Muscles grow and changes occur from when the muscle tears, and then repairs itself. The repairing is more important than the tearing, but most people only feel productive when they're doing something. That's why I do/recommend to others to take the recovery seriously. I always tell people that I don't judge what something did for me until 1-2 weeks after I stop doing it. So I don't know what my M1 results are until about the end of the first week of M2. By then my body has finished making the changes from that time. So I wouldn't hesitate to say that your weight loss is actually from M1. Oh, and one other thing before I get off my soapbox :p, FWIW I rarely ever lose weight during STS, but I come out of each rotation wearing smaller clothes, and with awesome body re-composition. Case in point, I now "weigh" about 22-25 lbs more than I did in high school, but wear the same size. Never underestimate the power of packing on the lean muscle mass... ;)

ANNNNNND the ramble post of the day award goes to.............. :rolleyes:
(Sorry Wiggie, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time :eek: )

Last edited:
WENDYMAYBE YOU should be the next BR host? =))))))
bridget i think there is something so special about that spin class. its a lot of women and we motivate each other...its amazing feeling:D
kiku dont like low impact challege? i have to admit ...no reaching for that one to much yet:D
ricklyk1/B] Athletic training huh..sounds fun! good job on the push ups! Some days i have noticed i am stronger with them then others. I also find my head must be in good alignment and mind over matter baby, push =)
HI EVERYONE=)
So just finished making egg and ham turnovers ..thanks kiki:cool: Then i am running off to class and then out to suprise my friend for her bday! I am enjoying my rest week i tell ya. k have a great one ladies

Kiki:: You are such a trooper! I knew you would agree! ;) I plan to tackle Low Impact Challenge and Turbo Barre again this weekend so you know!

Erin:: Oh my gosh! I couldn't! Too shy! And too far away!! Not feasable but a cool idea for sure!!!:D

Last edited:
Erin: I'm not a "stepper" lol. And Ms. Wendy knows this, thus - her challenge :rolleyes: . I never do/had done any step wo's until this past summer when I went on a crazy stepping frenzy trying to learn in time for the Disney RT, lol. Well, I learned...how to injure your Achilles just in time for a RT!!! :mad: Needless to say, I didn't do much stepping while there :confused: , or since.... How stupid am I? It's ok. You can say it....

Wendy: *sigh* How dare you challenge me to actually USE things that I've paid good $$ for (step, LIC DVD :p )!!!! I hate (and I really mean that in hater-est way possible ;) ) to say it, but you're on. I don't know when (since it'll take a few days of self talk, prayer & meditation to be @ peace w/it :p ) but I'll make myself do it..... Just. For. You. :eek:

starting nov rotation =)

Hello ladies very quick check in b4 hubby and grandbaby get back.

I'm back from our Portland trip =) I really like it up there all the different colors weather change and all that winter stuff we don't get there in Hawaii.

This morning I kicked off the November rotation with AB. This is one great workout and I can't believe how fast it goes by. I was drenched by the end. On on your workouts!!!!

BBL =)

Wendy: Nice BR workout! I was actually on the BR website again today....i'm thinking about giving BR a shot. I just gotta save the money to buy that handy-dandy timer thing. ;) I think if I did Turbo Barre again this weekend by bum would rebel and refuse to do even ONE pizza press. :p The choreography in LIC isn't too bad. Well, the first 3 combos aren't at least. The last combo is a little tricky and more along the lines of HIS. Then Cathe puts all 4 combos PLUS the warm-up together for one big step routine which is lots of fun but I found it kinda hard to remember everything :eek: I'm sure with time that will (hopefull) change once I get the routine down pat. There is a cardio blast at the end which is very straightforward and athletic(ish); it hits the legs hard!

Kiki: Okay, i'm not gonna lie, i'm LOVING the fact that Wendy talked you into giving LIC a shot. :D HEHEHE! :p I'll have a scone (drizzled with chocolate of course) and a large coffee waiting on ya! Fingers crossed your TTOM headache stays under control. Just tell it it is going to have to wait because the step challenge is on! ;)

Terina: Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time on your vacation! I haven't been to the Portland area myself but my parents have several times and they always rave about the area. I'm very jealous. :) Afterburn is vicious isn't it? Love that one!

Erin: Oh great idea!! Wendy should definitely be the next BR host! How awesome would that be?!?! What do you think of the egg/ham turnovers? I've been eating them like crazy lately. Delicious!

Terina:: Glad you enjoyed your trip! Coming back to reality stinks though, doesn't it? :(

Katie:: Thanks for the warning on LIC. Check your pm's! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.