STS Ab Work

Lynn M.

Cathlete
Hi to all you STS users:

I did not order the STS Strength series, only because I belong to a gym and go there for my weight training.

However, I just ordered STS Shock Cardio (am way excited about it) and happened to see that I can order the STS Ab workouts all on one DVD.

Can you give me some feedback on how challenging/fun the ab workouts are? With the 20% coupon discount given for ordering the STS Shock Cardio, I am seriously contemplating getting STS Abs.... I am always looking for new ways to challenge the core.

Thanks in advance for your info!

Lynn M.

I'm not thrilled by it. If I hadn't gotten it as a bonus for preordering, I would not have ordered.

There are some interesting segments (the plate work, the medball abs), but some rather boring workouts (ie: the "no-equipment" abs).

I love it. It's done more for my core than the Core Max's did. Lots of variety that works the core in new ways. I've been doing them 3 times a week for 6 weeks and I still have a couple moves that I'm working on getting in the Pilates workout. I prefer longer ab workouts, so these have fit really well for me.

I also really like it. I find the workouts to be interesting and varied. I actually like all of them. I had a hard time forcing myself to do abs for a while but this has got me motivated again.

I think it is awesome. It has some nice, different moves. It has some tough routines and some that aren't as hard. I also love Ab Hits. Have Core Max but never reach for it.

Lynn, don't know if this will help since I didn't order the abs DVD with STS (I didn't pre-order with that one). I have so many other DVDs for abs (pilates, tae bo, etc) and have done the plates thing (I use furniture movers, great fun!) I also don't have a medicine ball or want to do a couples workout (since it's just me here!

I watched the abs DVD clips and read what everyone said about it and came away with the same feelings as Kathryn: ok but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

That said, abs are not my problem area. I think my kettlebells work them best and I'd rather spend my money on other things (like the STS Cardio!) Very excited about it as well!

Debbie

that is one dvd i will not use. some are too short and dont find them to b very effective. i always pick out coremax,sjp abs,and my fav p90x+ abs

laura

Thanks so much everybody for your input! I think I still need to ponder the purchase.

When I previewed the workout, the paper plate workout looked really hard and fun.. is it as good as it looks?

Thanks, Lynn

Lynne, I LOVE ab circuits! I usually do 2 sections together. The weights & plates w/o is super tough. I'm still struggling a bit w/the last 2 exercises, but it might be Cathe's toughest ab routine ever.

I think you should get it. :)

Thanks for the reply Laura... good to know you found it challenging That is the one that totally caught my eye and might be worth the $$ just for that workout!

One more question... how do you think it compares to Coremax? I have that and with the exception of a few exercises ( ie levitation holds and the plank work..good Lord!) on that workout, it wasn't as difficult as I had hoped.

Lynn M.

Thanks for the reply Laura... good to know you found it challenging That is the one that totally caught my eye and might be worth the $$ just for that workout!

One more question... how do you think it compares to Coremax? I have that and with the exception of a few exercises ( ie levitation holds and the plank work..good Lord!) on that workout, it wasn't as difficult as I had hoped.

Lynn M.

I find a lot of it very different from Core Max, but girl, if you want some serious plank work this DVD is for you. And Cathe has a levitation hold in the yoga section where first she levitates, then she extends her legs straight out. :eek: Ummm yeah, it's gonna take me a little while to get that move.

Anyway, I think the difference is Core Max is more traditional ab work, Ab Circuits is more functional fitness. I like to vary my core routine each week so I might do CM section 3 followed by AC pilates section, or AC stability ball followed by CM stability ball, or B&G weighted abs followed by CM sec. 1..........the great thing about this DVD is you really can shock your abs & when you combine it w/other DVDs have a different ab w/o each week for like a year. :)

Oh man, I'm caving, I'm caving...... Yep, its mine! :) I am constantly looking for new Ab work, esp. non traditional moves! LauraMax, thanks for pushing me off the fence ! :)

And yes to the OP that said we can't use the 20% off discount, I realized that after I went back and reread the page. Oh well, I guess having improved Ab strength IS worth a few extra bucks! :)

Thanks to all for your input! Lynn M.

Lynn,
I hate to rain on your excitement, but I actually asked a question of Cathe/SNM yesterday regarding whether the 20% discount applies to Ab Circuits. The answer was: no, Ab Circuits is an STS dvd and is excluded from the 20% discount.

~michelle

Another one who loves Abs Circuits. I have very strong abs (I train them regularly for cycling) and these work me in different ways. I love all of the different routines - they are different but affective.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.