>---STS 6 Monthers Alumni---< Week of July 25!!!!

Congrats Jo!!! Enjoy resort night tonight!

Rachael I'm glad you're feeling better. I was wondering the same thing as Jo. Have you had eyes checked lately? Maybe they were straining too see? I don't know if I mentioned it here lately but my laser eye surgery is next week:D:confused: Grown ups was an okay movie, the kids liked it better than I did. It's a good just for fun movie.

Cendrine That's a very sensible way to start with weights again! How are the legs today?? Thanks for the menu ideas. Actually DH was just asking about a salad with strawberries/pecans. I think I'll do that at home with just our family. Actually I got emails from both sisters about suppers that they were going to make so that leaves me with lunches. I might just go with salad fixings from the garden and some kind of sandwiches. Nice and easy.

Well we're getting into quite the holiday mode here. Swimming lessons, work out then lunch. Then in the afternoon we try to find something fun to do. This afternoon dd is having a friend over but I'm not sure what ds will do.

High five, Jo! You are doing so great! Of course I didn't expect anything else from you...LOL:p
Kim, I just thought of this, you guys might enjoy doing quesadillas for lunches, too, I know my kids always love those... and i do too. We did a really healthy kind the other day that had a dried tomato hummus and spinach in it along with some lowfat cheese, it was a lot yummier than I thought.
Rachel, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. With your kind of work, I am amazed at the intensity of workouts you have maintained! It is not a sign of weakness to take it a bit easier and gentler on your body for a while!
I did a long treadmill walk today and am planning on more cathe weights tomorrow. I am only mildly sore, which is encouraging to me! I also decided that on the 3 nights a week that dh and ds are at taekwondo, I am going to pop dd on the bike seat and take a bikeride. I never get much of a workout if ds tags along because he can't go very fast for very long yet, but this way, I can go get some extra cardio that tones my legs and ds is taken care of and I won't have to worry about who will watch him. I'm looking forward to doing this, especially because the temps have been very pleasant instead of scorching, so an evening bikeride should be rather enjoyable!

Thank yall for all the encouraging words. It might not have seemed like it but I have really been down here lately and I did not know how far down until I got so far up the last few days. I have made a real concious effort to be positive and I think it is making a change in my whole body and mind. I feel really great about it. Sometimes it is easy to see things or people in a bad light but I am going to try and take the high side of things from here on out! LOL

Todays workout was a little bit of the High step challenge that I ordered with HSTA a while back. I had not even opened it yet. I did segments 1 thru 3 and then skipped to abs. I really like that little ab section. It was a lot different than the others of Cathe's so it was a nice change!

Cendrine-I have worked out really hard and worked 12 to 14 hr days in the past. It was tough but doable. I think I am getting to an age that maybe it's not doable or fun for that matter. I am also starting to see that my body does not always need an hr + workout everyday to stay in shape. I am sure this fall and winter when I have a lot of time off I will feel like a harder pushing workout but I am in total agreement that I am needing a break. I am slacking off a lot!
The bike rides sound like a lot of fun. I am sure it will be fun for you and dd to go zooming around the neighborhood. I am glad you have a place to do that. I wish I could just get on a bike and go but we do not have a real good area for that here.

Kim-It sounds like you are in full vacation mode and there is nothing wrong with that! I almost forgot about your laser eye surgery until you reminded us. That is very exciting!!! How long have you had to wear glasses? If a long time it is going to be very weird for you not to have to! Isn't it funny that when you go on vacation, it spreads through the family:D

Jo- WAY TO GO ON THE 100!!!Like Cendrine said, We are very impressed but knew you would be successful ! You are so multi faceted!
I have noticed that I can not see as far as I used to or as far as dh but I am thinking that this is more about how much was going on on the screen at one time and me trying to keep up with it. DH had a little strain that day but mine carried on for about 2 days. Yuck but now it is totally back to normal. I still probably should have an eye test though.

I forgot to tell yall I was sleeping so hard this morning that when my phone alarm clock went off, I snoozed it and stuck it under my pillow. I always do that but this time I did it without realizing it. I snoozed it 3 times before it finally woke me up and scared me half to death. I feel a sleep day coming soon. One of those days that you just stay in bed! Ahhhhh! LOL

TTYT

Finally I'm back! I've had a couple of busy days! I'm home early from resort night as they have the pool closed for something tonight. BUT, I had a great spin! (Remember, I like to spin??? :p)

Kim, the muscles you mention: supraspinatus or the subscapularis muscle. Yes it was one of those. I'm thinking the first one since it sounds more like spumonti! LOL! Kim, I'm glad you're enjoying your time off! I'm trying to help think of good ideas for you for food, but I don't know if my suggestions would be interesting for kids! Are you excited about the eye surgery? I guess it will be nice to have that done while you're off. Everyone I know that has had it done said they've had amazing results!

Cendrine, yes I'm in an accelerated program, BUT, this math class is self paced and I want to get it over with so I can still enjoy the rest of the summer (what little we have of it!). I do not need help with math but have to attend class so I'm just going to take my tests. I've already completed all the homework for the entire class and just have to take the tests and I'm done (this session ends the end of August so I'm way ahead!)! Last night I also met with the advisor to review my entire program and signed up for my classes for next session. My program still has to be approved by the Dean (again since I started late) but I did get my official acceptance letter of the Bachelors program I'm in.

Last edited:
I saved that last post as I still don't trust that I'm not going to lose one!

Cendrine, you sound so good, you're just doing more and more and I think that's great! You even sound ("read") like you're feeling better!

Rachel, you've had a lot going on is right and pushing yourself! Plus DH was sick, you have stray doggies, big job to finish, elbow flair up, back/hip issues, eye strain and it sounds like you've been trying to still keep the same pace! So I'm not surprised you've felt down in the dumps! How is that elbow anyway? I'm glad though that you're feeling more up! Nothing like a good Cathe workout to pull you through! LOL! Hope you get lots of rest tonight!

Oh we had the furnace guy come today and clean out our air ducts. Hope that will help with the sinuses.

Enough rambling from me. Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Ugggghhh... I am starting to feel like a broken record.
DH is going to the Dr. today.
Starting on about Tuesday he started having wrist pain in his left wrist. He had done some bench pressing the night before so I thought that is what it probably was cause he said since he was going light , he did not wear his gloves. That night he said the pain was so bad (kind of a burning sensation) that he did not sleep well at all. He woke up with a dull ache. That day it got a little better as the day went on and then went away. Then when we got home from work the other wrist started to hurt. The same thing happened but he also said he felt like he had stone bruises on his feet. He had the same symptoms all night.
SO this is the break down so I can keep it straight.

Tuesday -during the day his wrist started to ache and then that night it was really painful.
Wed-That wrist pain went away and then he started feeling it in the other wrist and started feeling some stiffness in his neck. That night both areas prevented good sleep.
Thurs-That day his neck was stiff but all the other areas had went back to normal. Last night his arm started to hurt. He woke me up at eleven because he could not get his belt off. He was in a lot of pain. It was really bad.
SO today he does not have very much mobility in that arm and it is still aching. Last night it was the burning pain. He finally passed out at about 1 something but I could not sleep after that. I am very worried. I have noticed that he has been looking very tired here lately even before he was sick. I did not say anything to him because I hate to put those worries out there.
When I put his symptoms into the internet the main thing that comes back is fibromyalgia.
Kim, I was wondering if you have ever dealt with any of these sorts of symptoms.

I just needed to write some of this stuff out because I am hoping yall might have some insight into what it might be.
Really DH is a pretty tough guy and by last night with the lack of sleep and depression this has put him in, he was kind of at the end of his rope. It was a rough night to say the least.
His app. is at 10:40 so I will let yall know what we find out.

Oh Rachel, poor DH! So I wonder if this is all related with the fevers. Yes, let us know what happens. I hope he feels better today and glad he's going to the Dr.

Hope the doctor is able to give your DH a diagnosis and some relief! My first thought was look at the neck. If there is something happening at he neck level which is causing an inflammation, it may cause a compression on the nerves which will send a burning/painful sensation down the arms. This would explain pain in both arms and the fact that it is coming and going.

Fibromyalagia is a controversial, complicated diagnoses. Ususally that diagnosis won't be given without a long history of multiple issues with no other underlying causes found. It's often connected with a history of depression/anxiety.

Well both kids passed their swim lessons! They were both excited.

It was dd's very last day in day care today. I kept her in this week even though I'm on holidays as they were taking the kids to swim lessons (ds was going on his own to a pool in walking distance). I didn't think much about it but it hit me this morning. The day care is in the school, the same school where both my babies went to kindergarten for the first time, played on sports teams, made many friends, went to the before/after school/holiday program while I worked. This is the very last day in the building as they are going to start in the new school close to the new house in September. It made me very emotional, then some of the teachers started saying goodbye.:(:(:( One of dd's friends was upset. It's a great school, great daycare what the heck am I doing uprooting them.
The kids don't seem upset by it all, I'm the one that gets emotional. I've walked that block to and from the school more times than I can count. When the kids were younger I didn't work much and I would go get them every lunch besides the before and after school walk. I remember thinking that if I had to walk that block one more time I would scream and now it makes me feel sad that it's over. I always have a hard time moving on with things.:( Another chapter in our life is closed.

This afternoon dd and I going for pedicure and manicures. The day care staff gave me a gift certificate for a spa when I resigned after 6 years on the day care board as treasurer. I decided to take dd with me.

I got CTX done this morning. I'm really enjoying these workouts! I was looking at the August rotation which looks hard! After my eye surgery next week I can't workout for a few days then we have some small trips when we're gone for 3 day weekends so I don't want to commit to a hard rotation. I think I might do one round of 4DS, one round of the BodyBlast Timesavers and then another round of CTX that would bring me to September.

Wow on being so far ahead Jo! At least it would take up too much of your summer! I am excited about the eye surgery but also a bit nervous. They phoned yesterday that the can't find the report from the opthamalogist that they sent me too for the growth on my eye and he's on holidays. If they get the report before the surgery they might have to postpone it:confused: But he supposed to be back from holidays on Tuesday so hopefully it gets worked out.

Cendrien I'm going to make quesidillas and a salad for the lunch at the lake. Oh and a chocolate cheescake:eek: DS wants to make the cheesecake as it's his favourite. The bike rides sound like fun!!

Rachael are you back from the doctor's yet??

I'm looking forward to watching some of the webcam tonight.

Well we are back but the verdict is out. They took alot of blood and are doing some tests. Hopefully this will rule a lot of things out. DH's has an arthritis that was brought on by complications with his psoriasis, I can not remember what it is called, but they are going to try and test for things like that first. They should have a CBC test result back this afternoon or the dr. said I might hear from them tomorrow.
Thank you all for the well wishes as always! We will find out about the other tests in 4 to 5 days. I am hoping the steroids they gave him will help him have no pain tonight at all. He got pain pills too but he hates taking that stuff. I had to force him to take the steroids.
Anyhow, I am pretty tired so I will catch up with yall later.

Have a great day and weekend!

Jo, I'm totally amazed at how far ahead you are! How cool is that! The dean must be impressed! So, just tests to take.... I always think why can't we just challenge classes by taking the tests and skip the classes... Sounds like this would be one of those cases for you!

Rachel, I'm so sorry about your dh! I wonder what they will find out? Not much to say here as I don't know about these kinds of symptoms... It's a good thing he went to the doctor. Take it easy on yourself too, I know this worry is a stress on you and so take it easy still with the workouts!

Kim, I would feel a little nervous about the surgery too... Heck I was nervous about the acupuncture...LOL! If you feel like making a healthy cheesecake, I always make mine with greek yoghurt, even the fat free kind passes for me and sweeten it with agave, it makes a very good alternative.
I know what you mean about the saying goodbye to one chapter in your life. Not that I walked my kids to school as many times as you did, but even that one kindergarten year made me come to hate the walk.... and then when the last day came I felt a bit sad too, that I was out of that community now. Fortunately we still see some of them for cub scouts and such.

We had our last swimlessons today, too! Now I have to go in the pool and practice with them to get some mileage... I'm planning on going early if it's not too gloomy, I don't like crowded pools. Then we went to an indoor bouncehouse place to meet up with some friends who moved to arizona and were back for a visit, then rounded it out at chick-fil-a, I was a good girl and had unsweetened ice tea and ate lunch at home later! Now, two shopping trips and three loads of laundry later I am getting ready to take ds to soccer practice and meet up with a friend and his family from the practice class for dinner at MC Donalds... ugh, I'm getting a salad...;) Oh, and I almost forgot, I did Mody Max 2 weights only today, and I sure enjoyed it. I upped the weights just a little, and the bike ride last night was great too, I went for a 40min ride and really enjoyed it and the temps were just great.

Rachel, hope DH is feeling better tonight! I know, why are they so stubborn about taking things that will help them? :confused: The good thing is you got him into the Dr and they can get to the bottom of what's going on with him. Hope they can figure it out quickly. It's stressful waiting. But if he is feeling better that will help with the wait. Are you doing okay? Use your workouts to help you relax and work through your stress.

Cendrine, look at you? You are just the all-around girl! Weights, biking and in the pool! So did the kids like their swim lessons? Isn't it great to be so active? And my gosh you are busy! I see you're hitting all the hot eateries! LOL! I'll bet it feels so good for you to be doing Body Max weights! It's like hooking up with an old friend isn't it? LOL!

Oh Kim, I got all teary eyed reading your post! I can imagine how you feel, but just think, you are embarking on a great new journey with new memories to be made and you'll always have those other memories to cherish! How was the spa treatments for you and DD? Don't you hate it when the Dr office can't FIND something about YOU? That's like when the ENT Dr lost one of my cultures. Very annoying. They are not supposed to do that! Ughh.. Well I hope they get your report and everything gets worked out. Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to check out the August rotation. Also, I went to the webcam but it wasn't running but I'm sure it'll be going in the morning!

So today I went to the PT and then it was hair afternoon for me! Not much else going on. I'm going to go spin in the morning and then come home and do laundry and study.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Well things always look better when you are rested, don't they. I was a blubbering mess yesterday all day. I am normally not like that at all but I think it was a combination of no sleep and feeling helpless. Can you tell I like to be in control of the situation...haha
DH had a full night of sleep and no pain at all last night. I meant to say his dad had arthritis in my other post but left out the key word DAD:rolleyes: His arthritis is really severe and started at age 30 but I told DH that he lived a really bad lifestyle and continues to this day to not properly manage it so if that is what it is, then it is not the end of the world! Although I had a little set back yesterday, I am back to trying my positive thinking today and it is amazing how a little positivity spreads like a virus!
No workouts for me this entire weekend. Maybe some stretching after I get home from hair today...I have the reunion tonight so other than that nothing much else going on.

Jo-It sounds like that at this rate you are going to have all the students wanting you to lead a study group! LOL I am sure you are fast becoming the most popular girl in class !
It is stressful waiting but I feel better knowing that there is some news to wait for now. It was way worse not knowing if DH would go to the dr. I hate that he is worries and tries to not show it to me because I am trying to keep his mind on other things but it is hard to redirect him if I don't know if he is thinking about it or not...Does that make sense?

Cendrine- I am SO HAPPY for you that you are getting back to some weight workouts. I can tell you are feeling great about it too! The bike ride sounds so enjoyable. Yall are probably having the weather that I love right now. No relief for us this week. It is going to stay in the 100's all week:confused:
So no outdoor activities for us.

Kim-The way you talked bout your kids school made me want kids just to miss them being young...LOL I could really feel your sadness about the things that seem so mundane when you are doing them. You are going to have so many more great memories in the new house and new school. Remember that your kids are so resilient and adapt so quickly. Way better than we do so they are going to do great at the new school. You are always going to have the times and memories you had with them. I love that you walked them back and forth from school and got them at lunch!

Well off to hair...I can't go gray to the reunion even though in the light of things I am kind of laughing at how stupid that seems.
Have a great day!

So Rachael, does the doctor think it might be psoriatic arthritis?? Does your DH have a history of psorias?? It sure sounds like the doctor is doing a through workup! Glad that you and DH were able to have a good night's sleep! When is the reunion??

What a busy active day you had Cendrine! SO are the swimming lessons all over for the kids?? DS is keen to take one more set of lessons at the end of August but dd isn't. I'll give them a few days to think about it. I think ds is looking at taking the lifeguarding courses and would like to finish off the last two levels of learn to swim.

Okay, I'm spending way too much time in front of the webcam. Trying to decided whether I should do a quick workout before packing to go to the cottage for the weekend. Back Monday have a good weekend everyone!

Good Morning!

Rachel, I'm glad things are better today! And having hair day will help! :D I can't wait to hear how the reunion goes!

Kim, have a great time! I'm going to go try peeking at the webcam again. I looked earlier and again, I picked the wrong time as nothing was happening!

Hello Cendrine!

I did Step Moves today and have some laundry going. My arm (shoulder) is really bothering me today - I think it got worked good yesterday at PT.

TTYL!

I was making some healthy goodies today to send to a coworker at her home who is recovering from breast cancer surgery. One of the goodies I tried was the macaroons from the CE magazine and unfortunately they turned out all soft and sticky even though I baked them longer... ugh! No complaints from my family taste wise, though. But I also made a batch of whole wheat coconut brownies and those turned out well, so I think I'll send some of those...
After cleaning up, vacuum and mop I realized that I'm actually feeling rather lazy and don't want to do another thing all day....:eek:
Kim, the swim lessons are over for now, but I am taking the kids to the pool mornings for practicing what they learned. I haven't seen swimlessons in levels like you are talking about, that sounds kind of neat! I'll have to look for that.
Rachel, have fun at your reunion! Is dh coming along? I'm sure you'll be one of the fittest and best looking people there! Maybe you should wear a nametag so they can figure out who you are, since you said you looked so different back then...LOL!
I wonder if your dh issues could be helped by a better diet? Once you know what the issue is, maybe he'll have to get on the wagon with you....LOL!
Jo, active is definitely good and even better when you don't end up at fast food restaurants twice in one day! I made the kids have apples instead of fries and milk, not chocolate milk, just trying to choose the best options.... the salad was ok, not much damage there but also not much nutrition... the lettuce is mainly iceberg which I never have except when it comes that way at a restaurant...
Well, off to be lazy... so I can be active again for the coming week....LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.