STS 3.5 rotation followed by Insanity

lcsavik

Cathlete
So I am currently doing the STS Strength and STS Caridio 3.5 rotation. Once I finish the rotation, I am thinking about doing Insanity. Does anyone have input? I am concerned that the cardio in Insanity will eat up the muscle I'm putting on. I really don't want that to happen but I really want a lean look for bikini season.
I am so excited to finally get to use STS! I pre-ordered it had have watched it many times wishing my shoulder would get better to do all the chin ups/push ups. So far so good, just following Cathe's modifications on those exercises and able to do all the reps. I'm so pleased!

I personally think it's an excellent idea to follow up STS with Insanity and is exactly what I plan on doing when I finish the rotation as well! I am going to add one f/b weight routine per week to the Insanity rotation though. I did this before and it worked out well. I can't go that long w/o lifting any weights at all and feel that the one weight work out per week was just enough! Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)

I did exactly that last year and got great results. Insanity isn't pure cardio - there are A LOT of pushups and variations (upper body), and A LOT of plyometrics (lower body). I kept my muscle (wasn't hard to get back to lifting weights at the end) and dropped a lot of fat.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.