STS 2.0 rotation w/ 1.0 Squat Rack

Cathe,

Could you please create, or advise, a rotation that incorporates STS 1.0 Squat Rack into the STS 2.0 rotation?

Squat Rack is where I really gained muscle (to the point others remark on my leg muscles!)
That got me thinking….while i don’t have access to a squat rack, wouldn’t a weighted vest work too? How heavy of weight is being used in that routine? It would be easier to wear a heavier vest and not lift a super heavy barbell over my head. I know that hyper wear makes pretty heavy vests.

That got me thinking….while i don’t have access to a squat rack, wouldn’t a weighted vest work too? How heavy of weight is being used in that routine? It would be easier to wear a heavier vest and not lift a super heavy barbell over my head. I know that hyper wear makes pretty heavy vests.
I got my husband a weight vest, because we work out in our living room. We just don't have enough room for the amount of weights that he's now lifting. He loves it and wears it while walking our dogs, hiking, etc. He doesn't wear it for weight lifting though. He ended up getting a gym membership in order to be able to lift heavier, because he felt the use of a squat rack gives him a different workout. I don't lift heavy enough to have any experience, but my husband claims there is value in both ways (weight vest vs. squat rack), but for the type of strength and muscle that he wants, he prefers the squat rack. He uses the weight vest to give his walks more of a cardio factor. He's pretty strong now, but even when the weight vest was enough (with the weights we have on hand), he felt the strength gains were different.

@ashaw .

Not cathe but I can comment based on previous posts. Wearing a vest is fine.

STS squat rack was designed for those who wanted to go Super heavy. How? By using both barbell and vest. I did it in the past without any issue.

Barbell is not for everyone but it does help correct posture when used accordingly.

Hope anyone reading find this helpful.

Last edited:
I have always used both the vest and the barbell in the STS Squat Rack workouts. All the ladies in the video do. I use a 20lb vest, and I believe the ladies do also. I tried on a 40 lb vest and it weighed my breasts down so much it hurt and made it hard to breathe.

So funny, here I am thinking about getting a 20 pound weighted vest and the STS squat rack dvd yet STS 2.0 has to be getting closer to being available.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.