Strong & Sensible

Hi all, finally a bike ride! I’m beat! We had some sketchy Icy spots but riding east just 7 miles almost no snow!

Jody, sadly I feel scamming is going to get worse. If people would just work for an honest days wages! Not much new on the sis front, she did break her silence, not sure why, but it definitely is not back to normal convos. Nor do I know if scumbag is gone. Maybe she just emailed sibs to say she’s ok so we leave her alone? She did say how lonely she is, always has been. Life is what you make it, for some reason she thinks everyone else is living a glamorous life?

Mary, hows the snow? This week will be a cold week for us. What I’m tired of is the headaches that is coming with the weather changes. It’s been a bad winter for that, even my bff has been having them otherwise I’d wonder what is wrong with me!

Ronne, how was the cinema? And what a use of your time waiting in line! Exciting times ahead for DD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! Cold here, we are at our high of 12, got a boatload of snow, about a foot, drifting was bad, thank goodness for our neighbor, he has an enormous snowblower and shares and helps!

I have been working my way through the new dvd’s, so far I’m really enjoying them. Yesterday I did the bonus pyramid one, only because we were snowbound! I don’t think I’ll be doing the whole 80 minutes again!

Lisa, love to you and your sister, I hope she finds her happiness. Biking outside in winter! DH tried to go for a run yesterday, didn’t last long, the snow was up to his knees! Lol! I’m sure he got a harder workout than he expected!

Ronne, so exciting for your DD! It’s bittersweet to watch them grow and their thinking expand. I so enjoy the adults they are becoming.

Jody, still at work??

Hi Tracey!

Back to work tomorrow and I get to get my halo of gray hidden! Good day to all! Mary

Hi fit babes! Thank you for your kind words about the work bonus! We are one of maybe 2 agencies that have a bonus program. It used to be money but now it's time off. I'll take any extra time off they are willing to gimme!

Good going on your clean max and mop max Lisa! I have to clean something every weekend, it's usually dog hair. I haven't been able to tell what may trigger my neck issues but I am beginning to think that PT isn't for me and I should go back to my chiro. I'll ask my doctor first but I'm really not getting better! It's frustrating since I didn't have a specific injury. I LOLed about you being half asleep when you posted! :D

Hi Ronne! I am grateful I don't work for the feds! My BIL does and he said he'll be broke in a month of this. :mad:Wow! You DD has 3 more interviews? I'm sending more good wishes her way! One of my relatives made sure that her son was going to be at a college that was at least an 8 hour drive away. She needed the break! I like how you decide to end your workday when you get annoyed. If I did that, I'd probably never show up to begin with! :p

Jody, I would have declined to work also with your schedule! I hope you are able to straighten things out regarding any credit issues quickly and painlessly! Ooh, a crumble crunch knee? That sounds more serious than my pops. Be careful! I LOLed about your corgis being a danger to dog society!

Hi Mary! I'm not looking at any retirement statements right now, I'd rather live in denial! The market will rebound, it always does. I heard your area was going to get hit hard with snow. I that was cruel of everyone to leave so didn't have to shovel snow!

I have been working out! After the PT said last week that we need to build my muscles, I became incensed and did PUB and PLB. I did fine. Grr at PT! I got the new Lite workouts but want to have the guide with me when I do it. It's available now so I'll get it printed out and go from there. I was hoping they were going to be somewhat challenging but after Ronne's post about the cardio workout, I may be hoping for more than there is. o_O

Have an awesome rest of your week fit babes! Tracy

FS metabolic done. I previewed Lite metabolic (looks good), but for today I wanted to capitalize on my 30 min FS ideas. I will probably only do 3 workouts this week and I don't want anything that is going to wipe me out for the whole day. I might be back later with personals, but for now I wanted to add my workout-. Maybe I'll do patio gardening as well- I have tomatoes I can harvest!

Hi all

Jody - well done on the workout and enjoy those tomatoes! I can only do FS in halves, I'm wiped out after doing either the cardio or the weights.

Tracy - that's good motivation from the PT! I think CP will probably be the easiest of them all so I'm sure you'll get a good workout from the rest. That's really hard for your BIL.

Mary - I certainly won't be doing that one all the way through. 80 mins is definitely too much. I'm impressed! We've had some snow today but it didn't stick around long - certainly no need for shovels. I can't believe your DH even attempted to run in that amount of snow!

Lisa - Also impressed with you getting out on the bike in that cold weather. It's at this time of year I'm very grateful I work out at home! The film was good - very sweet and funny.

So I did SBS UB on Sunday. Weights are fairly light but it moves at such a pace I don't think I could go much heavier without slowing it right down. The place it hit me the most was front shoulders - they are still hurting! Also did the abs on that disc (not sure which one - Cathe's in that nice red outfit). That was tough! The butterfly sit-ups were really hard.
I had rest days yesterday and today because of other things going on but hope to pick up again tomorrow.

Ronne, how is outdoor walking going for you? I want my new bike already!!! I like the look of the new workouts- including music outfits and crew. Hopefully I will start to tackle them but I will save cardio boxing moves til last. Also adding good wishes to DD on the interviews. I bet she will smash them all and have the most trouble making her choices among the opportunities.

Lisa, are all your other siblings in relationships/married? Perhaps that is what she is getting at, she just wants to be with someone and thinks you guys just can't relate (says the only single woman in our group). Honestly, if you are lonely and alone, having someone do menial chores with you can feel pretty glamorous. Any more bike rides in the cold? Did I mention I want my new bike soon?

Tracy, annoying PT. It sounds like they are just saying what they usually say/think they know and not really taking you as a (fit and fabulous) individual. Good luck w/ your neck. The chiro may be the way to go?

Mary, I had forgotten about your niece coming to stay with you for college, that has been postponed? Still cold and snowy? My aunt and uncle are down here right now and my cuz and her kids are coming to do Disney Feb 3 for a week. I'm hoping for nice weather at least in the 60's.

I had a DVD ready to go and even did a little bit but moved on to shopping (needed new jeans, 2 sizes bigger than the ones in my drawer purchased for London a little over a year ago) and hair (glaze in chocolate blonde- so brown?) as well as short cut to above shoulders. I could probably work 6 plus days a week (get called on my days off) but I'm not motivated to do so. I'm just fat and tired and barely managing my stuff lately. Crazy things going on in my bed. I woke up with half the pillows on the floor, out of the pillow cases and also dreamed about my childhood home on the river- and this HUGE alligator kept lunging at me and my kids. Waves to all, off to see my mom today- good news she's quit smoking for about a week now. She said she was up to 2.5 packs a day in her little apartment. No wonder I felt sick when I went to visit her. (insert green sick face)

Hi everyone, I’ve been lazy with posting, just like workouts. I walk suki about 4 times a week, no bike rides, just too snowy and cold. We have snow from 3 weeks ago still on the ground, that’s not normal! Ski resorts are loving it though.

Mary, I figured you were cold, yuck! I’ve not looked at our retirement. We retired right before this awful market which is bad, but thankfully our financial guy has 2 to 3 years of money needs in savings like acct. regardless, on down years we try to spend less.

Jody, what are you doing in bed and what drugs are you taking? It sounds like a normal night for me! When I was 20 or so, one time I found myself laying across the bed (ie flipped 90 degrees), I worked 3rd shift then so I think restless sleeper was more restless. Other sibs are married though my brother is on his 5th wife. This last one I think is a good one. He acknowledges that he married because he didn’t want to be alone (as in trying to empathize with sis). Nothing is getting through to her. We know she’s given scammer more money though we don’t know where she’s getting it from. (Don’t ask how we know). As of last week I think we’ve given up on getting through to her and when the time comes the 3 siblings will not make any moves without consensus between us. We will never trust her again and don’t know why she’s gone so rogue, it’s been 7 months! I feel that I’m in the =front line= and she’ll either show in my doorstep someday or I’ll get a call from authorities. I try not to keep writing the ending as I never would have written that all this would have happened! It’s the makings of a Hollywood sitcom!

Tracy, I totally empathize with the neck, as long as there’s no numbness in arm then nerves shouldn’t be impacted. Is it time for a mri? PT never did anything for me and chiropractor I thought helped but about 8 hrs after adjustment I’d be in major pain. Facet arthritis, bone on bone! Damn did that hurt, then once injection into facet (done more as a diagnosis tool than treatment) I really felt that my left arm was numb feeling. I hope it’s not as bad as mine was (I was in car accident when I was 5 and always had neck issues) and hope you find root cause and solution!

Ronne, I miss weightlifting but my neck feels much better not doing it. I think there’s only so much my neck can take now! The cold is not good for it either! My legs are restless a lot at night, I thought it was all the bike riding but since I intentionally have not did any spinning and really just walking I think it’s just older age. Stretching helps some but not all the time. I think I got some bad genes! I’m not sure if I have always had a touch of restless legs (I always jiggled them like in a car and when stopped still I can shake The Whole car!) I may need to get serious about finding something that helps! It’s the worst in bed. This checkin is turning into checking in with ailments vs workouts! Lol!

Last edited:
Hello

Jody - ah, it isn't really. I have been walking a bit but to get to places rather than for pleasure. Once I got the LITE series I just had to start the rotation so I've been working my way through those. Needless to say, I'm now a little bit injured and really need to take a rest day. I don't blame you for not wanting to work 6 days, we all need time off. Good news about your mum - hope she keeps it up. And hope you get out of your slump and weird sleeping soon!

Lisa - real life is often more unbelievable than fiction, sounds like you've been living that over the past few months. You are very sensible to avoid the weights. Age is a pain and we've only just started! Are you still getting your massages?

So, I've been working my way through the first LITE rotation. I've done everything so far apart from Bands and the Pyramid LB. Loved RR with the CC add-on, really nice KB workout. Also enjoyed MB. I'm finding the workouts are probably a bit easier than ICE but the CCs are harder so it kind of balances out. The ab sections are short but tough. I've done one of the extended stretches which was quite nice.
I have got a bit of an injury in my left wrist. I did something a few weeks ago doing Supersets, probably just picked up a weight at a funny angle but it still hasn't completely cleared up, so I really do need to take a couple of rest days. The weather is cold and bright again so I might go out on another walk tomorrow.
Apart from working out, I haven't been doing much recently. We've had a few extra expenses so trying not to spend too much!

Hello! Sorry to have been missing, I don’t know what I’ve been doing??? I have been working out tho!

Ronne, take it easy with your wrist! Could it be carpal tunnel with all the computer work you do? Supposed to get insanely cold here this week, -40’s with the wind chill. Not looking forward to that!

Lisa, your poor sister. Whatever has that man done to her? I’m so sorry for all of you. Hope you don’t get this weather, I’m sure it messes we th your neck.

Jody, crazy stuff in bed??? Had my mind going other places! Tell your family to get down to Florida sooner! I’m scared! Lol

Not much else here, just the dregs of winter. We are going to Boston first weekend in March, I’m excited for that. I hope the government stays open, selfish, just so everyone is working, gets paid and is happy and that keeps the airports open!
Good night to all! Mary

Crap, I have a cold again! Or a resurgence of the Nov /Dec blight? Those felt more like flu.

Mary, that sounds frighteningly cold- my family is flying out on Sunday from OH. Hopefully?? I went to Boston in Feb once around Presidents Day so not too far from when you go. I hope you have nicer weather, it was FREEZING and I don't mean in the 70 degree sense that I usually use that term. Me, too, to Government.

Ronne, I just watched Brexit - Self centered me didn't realize the divisive parallels we've experienced, or was it just movie play? So far so good on on Mom. And congrats on the good work w/ the new work outs! I mean, obviously take care of yourself, but I suspect you are hitting the marks with minimal or NO cheating. I totally admire you! I hope you get to walk tomorrow!

Lisa, LOL at the aches and pains check in. I'm only doing 3 workouts a week at very best. : (Usually one or two. Hard to plan a rotation around slacking off. But we need and will stick with whatever our fitness goal are; yeah for check in buddies!!! I guess I have more and more sympathy for those who don't regularly muster a workout of some sort.

Tracy, HI! Waves to all~~~ (off tomorrow, will i be back?)
Oh and I'm going to Disney next week, who to check on cat? My very nice HOA active neighbor? Or someone else? I have so many food plants on my patio and there is a no food growing rule. Ooops.

Hello

Lisa - hope things are OK?

Mary - nice to have something to look forward to. No, it's definitely not carpal tunnel. I've had things like that before and this is different. So frustrating!

Jody - I didn't watch that as I get enough with the news. God, it is so depressing and I'm disappointed on all sides by the complete lack of leadership from our MPs. There are very few people behaving like adults.

So, I've had to take a pause on LITE and all workouts really because my wrist really isn't right. Not sure what I've done but it even hurt after drying myself in the shower. So no weights or yoga for me. I can probably do straight cardio as long as there are no burpees involved so I'll do something like that tomorrow. It's just so annoying. Did manage to get out for a walk today though. Another of those beautiful cold crisp winter days with blue sky and sunshine so that lifted my mood.
May not check in tomorrow as I'm off to London with a friend for a radio recording. Should be fun!

I’m ok, was totally gutted yesterday (I’m sounding European ). Even suki who runs away when I cry but knew somehow I was in a full blown panic attack came up to me shaking horribly but yet wanting to comfort me. It’s only happened one other time in November, of course both times dealing with sis.

Another email from her and I think we are being conned. Seriously my own sister conning me out of money (or trying to). Seems like brother deserted this fiasco and I told my other siblings that I need them I can’t do this without them. As of now the 3 pack sibs are back in place with very firm email (one email from all 3 and thankfully my siblings are shielding me and did not have me be the designated spokesperson). It’s official, she’s out of money, has none for rent. There’s many other things we know but can’t add up wtf is going on except to say she’s in the thick of it with this scam and now is scamming us, wanting me to give her 1500 a month, wtf. It’s ugly, it hurts, it’ll never be over, I’m angry, hurt but still have a heart but my sensible side protects me above all else. I’m rambling, still gutted.

I did take a walk today after the foot of snow Monday, I did it more to clear my head than for the exercise.

Hello

Lisa - so sorry to hear about what's going on with your sister. It's just horrible. Glad to hear your sibs are helping you through this. Very hard to imagine, but have you thought about cutting ties with her? I know that's very easy for me to say.

Snow has hit big time here. I was in London last night and just made it home. I ended up getting an earlier train than planned and the one I was supposed to be on was cancelled, so I was lucky.
I took a rest day yesterday and today did the bands workout from LITE. I was careful with my wrist but managed to do the whole thing with no problems. I really like the workout, I can imagine I'll do it regularly.
It feels like my wrist is getting better so I'll probably have the weekend off and pick up again on Monday.

Hello everyone! Today did an Yvette workout, I have worked my was through the new ones, I do like them.

Lisa, my heart goes out to all of you. I have no words, just thinking about you!

Jody, have fun with your family!

Ronne, glad you are feeling better! So frustrating isn’t it??

It was wicked cold here, now this weekend it’s going to be in the 50’s?? A 65 degree difference. So crazy, and not it a good way. Enjoy the Super Bowl, we are going to a party! Have a good weekend! Mary

Hi, quick pop in to acknowledge Lisa's pain and send love, plus second the cutting of ties, but I know there is an al anon way of putting it that I can't think of right now, at least setting boundaries so it doesn't make you crazy. My mom still off smoking so that is amazing. Ronne is socked in w/ snow? Good job on getting the train, you would have otherwise been stranded, yes? Mary have fun at the party, I'm working Sunday and half shift tomorrow (grr). I did some weights from Lite the UB and the LB. Also thanks to Ronne for the reviews so far. Happy wrist is better. My knee didn't like the lower body wt stuff. I didn't push it I have lots of walking to do next week at Disney!

Jody, Disney! I almost organized a girlfriend trip for this same time but one of the friends said it was too tough getting out of their Missouri airport this time of year. Enjoy and say hi to the little mermaid! Kudos to your mom not smoking. That is one thing I have no patience for I think because my parents smoked for decades and even though they quit in their early 60s it still was the root cause of them dying so young.

Mary, Ronne, Jody, thanks for being there. We are hopefully seeing encouraging signs, she said she called Colorado crisis and we tell her we will pay for a therapist so she is researching those that Colorado crisis gave her (there’s lots). We still will not pay her rent but told her if a formal eviction is started to show us the proof, she asked why and still pressing for rent to be paid. Her tone of emails did change after Colorado crisis so hoping she really has cut off scumbag and will start therapy. It’s been a stressful week! Today the weather got warm (60), most of the foot of snow is gone so we took a 2 hr ride, it felt good. DS bike did slide in one patch of ice though and down him and suki went (2nd crash for suki, her carrier protects her well and she just looks up like ‘what just happened?’

Hi all! Today did a Cathe live. Party was nice, game kind of dull, bad halftime show, some good commercials! And good food!

Lisa, how are you doing? Such a mess, thinking of you all. I’m glad Suki is ok, what about DH???

Jody, you are going to get your steps in!!

Ronne, snow for you, 60’s here! Hope your wrist is better!

Hi Tracey!

Back to work tomorrow, hopefully all this crazy weather is behind us, have a good day! Mary

Girls, I owe you status.

Spent whole day with sister yesterday. We think she's hit rock bottom. She called Colorado crisis Saturday for suicide. She's seeking out a therapist, most importantly she's severed ties to scammer. I'm emotionally drained. I have hope for her rebuilding from the ashes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.