Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Oh I hope her incision and infection clear up and heals well this time. That is too cute about them hanging out on your shoulder. I never understand how people can mistreat animals. Why get them if you are going to neglect them? Yea! You are back in the water for dragon boating. That must mean Spring is right around the corner. A week a way I believe. Great job on all your walking!

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout and some core work. Gunner's biopsy went well but we won't get the results for about a week the vet said. He is luckily not in a cone right now. As long as he doesn't try to paw at it or rub it against things he can stay out of the cone. I have my dad coming over today to stay with him and Ruby to keep an eye on him while DH and I are at work.

Have a great day!

Julie Yes spring is about a week away now. I can hardly wait to be over with winter. Good job on your heavy upper body workout and core work. I hope Gunners results go well too. Lucky Gunner to not be in a cone. Poor Janice is in a very small cone so she won't bother with her incision. She is not very happy right now but she will get used to it (I hope).

So this morning I didn't have time to workout. I needed to take Janice to the vet and it is about 45 minutes to an hour to get there. We don't have any small animal vets that are closer unfortunately. On my way home I stopped to get groceries. Then I needed to get the ratty cages cleaned and I did some vacuuming as well. By the time I got everything done it was time to go back to the vets. It was a lot of driving and I hope that I don't need to go back there and everything is fine with her. I am really tired and I hope I sleep well tonight.

Cheryl

Cheryl OMG! That has to be one tiny cone for her. Hopefully the incision heals quickly and she won't be in it too long. You had a busy day. Driving always takes a lot out of me. I hate driving. DH is a driver for a profession so he doesn't mind but it is so exhausting to me for some reason. I am not a bad passenger though.

This morning I did a mobility workout for backbends and my forearm/headstands then a bike ride in Maui. Yesterday we had plumbers out to replace the line that runs from our house into our septic tank. I was really nervous that they might run into problems but they got it done in about 3 hours and so far so good.

Have a great day!

Julie Good job on your mobility workout for backbends, your forearm/headstands and bike ride in Maui. Yes it is a very tiny cone she has. I usually don't mind driving, it depends on how much traffic there is. That is good news that they didn't run into any problems with replacing the line to the septic tank.

So about 2am this morning we got a call from the place my mom is in. She was having chest pains and vomiting so they called an ambulance for her to take her to the hospital. I called the hospital around 6am to see if there was any info they could give me but they were still doing tests to try to figure out what was wrong. I finally went out to the hospital later in the morning. She is bleeding from the stomach to they had a tube in to drain it. She may need surgery and I haven't heard yet if it will be tonight or in the next day or two. So I didn't workout this morning either. I was just too tired to do much of anything. It is going to be one of those weeks.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Oh I am so sorry about your mom! I hope they can figure out what is going on. Hang in there and I will be keeping you and her in my thoughts. Hope you can try to have a good weekend.

So I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to workout. They will be doing a scope possibly tomorrow on my mom to see if they can see where there is a blockage. It has been an exhausting couple of days but hopefully we will get an answer tomorrow.

Cheryl

Cheryl I hope everything goes well with the scope and they can get some answers. I can't imagine how exhausting this must be for both you and your mom.

It was so cold this weekend and we got snow on Saturday. It melted a little on Sunday but we were in the 20s and 30s. We are supposed to get into the 50s this week and today is the first official day of Spring!

Have a great day!

Julie I guess you got a last blast of winter with the snow. I hope it is all done now. I am happy that spring is finally here.

So Saturday I spent doing housework and laundry. When that was done I was able to get outside and do a bit of work out there. It was nice out in the low 70s. Sunday I went dragon boating in the morning. It was another nice day on the water. In the afternoon I went out to see my mom. It looks like she has a bleeding ulcer so now we are waiting to see what the course of action will be to fix it. They don't want to operate due to her weak heart so I am hoping that meds will help. We will see what the doctors say. This morning I did LITE Cardio Party and then got some errands done. I am hoping that this will be a less stressful week.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Wow that is some nice weather you got over the weekend. Awesome that you were able to go dragon boating in the nice weather too. I'm glad they found what is causing your mom's issues. Prayers the medicine works. Great job on LITE CP! I hope you have a less stressful week as well.

This morning I did a heavy upper body and core workout. I've been getting really cruddy sleep lately and I am not sure what is going on. I am hoping it is the last residual winter blahs working themselves out.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your heavy upper body and core workout. I hope you start getting a better nights sleep soon. It is hard to get through the day when you are tired.

This morning I did LITE Stacked Sets Upper. Then I went and got groceries. In the afternoon we went out to see my mom. She is doing better and we are hoping that she will get to go home by the end of the week.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on LITE SSUB! That is good she is feeling better and I am sure she would love to be home rather than in a hospital.

This morning I decided to sleep in. I got home late last night and was exhausted when the alarm went off at 3. I slept in till 5:30 but honestly I could still be sleeping I am so tired. Maybe the time change is still kicking me.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies, it looks like you have both had a lot going on! Cheryl, I hope things continue to improve with your mom and she is able to go home soon. I can’t stop picturing a rat in a tiny cone, that sounds like the cutest thing ever! We had a really fun vacation, but it’s always good to get home. The amount of crazy historical stuff is mind boggling. And some of the cities they know have all kinds of ruins that are buried under the current buildings. It was so sad to see all of the street dogs and cats though. It just makes me want to go over there and start some spay and neuter programs. Most of them were extremely friendly though, we had cats jump up and settle on our laps when we were sitting in restaurants more than once . We had two big days of hiking when we went to Petra, about 12 miles each day, but other than that, no workout other than walking around on the tours. We got home last night and were exhausted. I think we went to bed around 8:30 and I woke up thinking it was time to get up and it was only 12:30. I did get back to sleep off and on and then got up around 7. I did ICE Bootcamp Circuit and it was really hard, but I got through it. I’m ready to get back into the swing of things and ready for warm weather to be here to stay. Have a great day!

Pam

Good morning ladies. This morning was Imax 4. It was much harder than it should have been but I made it through. I hope I’m not struggling like this for too much longer! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Your trip sounds like a dream come true experience. Those sites are always amazing to see on video or photos but to see them in person has to be awe inspiring. It would be heartbreaking to see all the stray dogs and cats for sure. How was the weather? I always think of that area as being really hot but maybe they experience seasonal changes too. Great job on jumping right back into thins with ICE BC and Imax 4! I am sure the jet lag and time difference will take a few days to get over and back to normal.

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout and a ride in Maui! We have been in the 40s/50s this week and next week I think I saw 60 one day (of course that can change). So hopefully we are on the up and up.

Have a great weekend!

Julie It really was amazing to see all of that stuff in person, it just didn’t seem real. The weather was perfect. Most days were in the 60s-70s and then it would get cool at night. We went in March because the summer gets very hot. Great job on your heavy upper body workout and ride in Maui! I think (hope) Spring is here to stay!

Yesterday was a beautiful day so DH and I went on a bike ride. It was hard and we were slower than usual, but it was nice to be out there. This morning I did PHA 2 and six pack abs 1. It felt pretty good, probably the best so far since getting home. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good idea to take a rest day when you are so tired. I know the time change affects me for a couple of weeks before I feel fine.

Pam Your trip looked amazing. I would love to go there someday. That would be hard to see all of the stray cats and dogs though. Good for you in getting back into it with ICE Bootcamp Circuit and Imax 4.

Julie Good job on your heavy upper body workout and ride in Maui. I hope you start getting warmer weather.

Pam Great work on your bike ride and PHA2 and 6 pack abs 1.

So it has been a busy week. Wednesday I did LITE Stacked Sets Lower and then I got the housework done. Thursday I did Rockout Knockout and then I went to get my mom from the hospital to take her home. She still isn't 100% but she is getting better and stronger every day. Friday I took as a day off but I did get all of the laundry done. Saturday I was tired so took another day off and then had a very lazy day. It had been a long time since I had done that. Today I went dragon boating, it was colder than last week. We even got a bit of snow yesterday. It has melted here but it does look nice on the mountains. This afternoon we went to a local home show with our friend and then out for dinner.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on your bike ride with DH and PHA2 plus 6 pack abs 1! So glad you are feeling more energy since getting back.

Cheryl Great job on LITE SS LB and RK! So glad to hear your mom is on the up and mending. I bet she is happy to be back home too. Great job on dragon boating especially in the cold!

Friday I did a heavy LB workout and then some cleaning. Saturday I did lower body mobility and worked on my front splits, forearm stands and headstand. It was a really good session. DH ended up having to take Gunner to the vet because he was not urinating. The vet wasn't sure what was going on since there were no obstructions, stones, or infection but he finally got him to empty his extremely full bladder and then sent him home with some meds. He is doing much better now. Sunday was nice temps but a little windy. DH and I did take the dogs for a walk which was nice. This morning I did a heavy LB workout.

Have a great day!

Cheryl You did have a busy week!! Great job on SSL and housework and RK! I’m glad that your mom got to go home and is getting better. Hopefully she will be feeling like herself again soon. Great job dragon boating in the cold. I’m glad that your snow didn’t stick around long, we are supposed to be done with that nonsense!

Julie Great job on your heavy LOB workout, your LB mobility and front splits, forearm stands, and headstand work! That is really strange about Gunner, I wonder what was going on! I’m glad to hear he’s doing better though. Great job on your heavy LB workout.

Yesterday was my rest day so no workout. I had a shopping spree wish which was really nice. The first place she wanted to go was the Apple Store, and all of the employees gathered and cheered and clapped for her when she came in and they had a gift bag for her and a card that all of the employees signed. She was really shy so I think she was a bit embarrassed, but I thought it was very nice. This morning was Cardio SuperSets and the Step bonus. The workouts are still feeling harder than they should, but starting to get a little better. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on your LB workouts, your lower body mobility work and working on your front splits, forearm stand and headstand. Tango has problems not urinating when he is stressed out. He needs meds to help him pee again. Glad to hear that Gunner is doing better.

Pam That was a nice shopping spree wish. Good work on Cardio Supersets and the Step Bonus. Glad that the workouts are starting to get a bit better.

This morning I did Boss Bands Total Body. It was a really nice day here so in the afternoon I went out for a bit of a walk. We went over to our friends for a BBQ for dinner and we could actually sit outside and eat. It was nice in the sun but once it went down it got cold quickly.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam OMG! That is so sweet what they did for her. You must let them know ahead time that you are coming. I always wondered how that worked. Great job on CSS plus step bonus! Oh that is good you are feeling a little better. Don't they say something like for every hour of time difference, you need a day to recover plus probably more for jet lag?

Cheryl Great job on BBTB! Yea, it was a nice day for you. Hopefully the nice days will become the norm soon. It was raining for a few days and Gunny hates the rain and getting wet so I wonder if that stressed him out and caused him to not be able to go.

This morning I did a heavy upper body workout and did some hip flexor strengthening exercises. I bought a program that helps strengthen the hip flexors. I know mine are super weak so I am hoping this helps. I did the introductory phase and it was tougher than I expected it to be.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.