Strength in Numbers

CherylGreat job on SBSSL+ 6 pack abs. I hope you weren't waiting too long for the cat and bunnies o arrive yesterday.

This morning I did a double header of Ice rock em sock em kickboxing and Chisled upper body. I thought about doing a core workout too but it seemed like there was a fair amount of core work in those two workouts. This morning a couple of friends and I are going shopping and out for lunch which should be a lot of fun. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on your double header of Ice Rock'em Sock'em and Chiseled Upper Body. Have a great time shopping and going out for lunch with your friends.

So the bunnies and the cat didn't get to the shelter until 2:30. We got them all examined and this morning I had to take the cat Watson in to the vet to have his teeth checked out. They were fine just a bit of gingivitis. I tried to do a workout this morning but I just did not have the energy. It has been really hot here and it has zapped my energy. It was a bit cooler today so hopefully I will feel more energized tomorrow.

Have a great day

Cheryl

Pam Great job on CTX LLA! Not much of enjoyment yesterday. I did get to sleep in an hour but ended up getting home about the same time I would have had I worked. Great job on RSK and CUB! Those are two shorter ones that sound like a nice combination.

Cheryl Great job on Lite SBSSLB + 6 pack abs 2! What a bummer that the van didn’t get there until the afternoon. Yea for Winston not having too much teeth problems. The heat does a number on energy for sure. I hope you can get some relief this weekend and get your energy back.

Yesterday I did Live Total Body Blast with Step and Ball! It was pretty good. Started out really intense with alternating cardio blasts with leg work similar to Cardio Leg Blast then went to upper body and core. After that I had a couple of errands and appointments I ran to. This morning I did an interval run in Portugal and then a hike in Hawaii.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl That is a bummer that you ha to wait so long for the arrivals at the SPCA. It's hard to get anything done when you are waiting for something like that. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon. It really does sap your energy when it is so hot.

Julie That's a bummer that your whole day was spent on errands, but at least you got to sleep in a little. Great job on Live TBB with step and ball. It sounds like a good one. Great job on your interval run in Portugal and your hike in Hawaii. Has your DH been using the treadmill?

This morning I did Maximum Intensity cardio. Wow, I haven't done old fashioned high impact in so long. it was really tough. I remember that I used to think that one wasn't too bad too. My face was as red as a beet when I was finished. I had forgotten about the little intensity blast at the end of the step section too. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Live Total Body Blast with Step and Ball and your run in Portugal and hike in Hawaii.

Pam Good work on MIC. That is an oldie but a goodie.

So my breakfast didn't agree with me this morning. I think it was the eggs. So it did me in for my workout this morning as I wasn't feeling too good and has to make a mad dash for the bathroom. I think I am going to take a break from eggs, they haven't sat well with me for a bit but this morning was the worst.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on MIC! It has been a while since I have done that one but I remember it being a beast! DH has been using the treadmill about 3 days a week. It is weird though. He prefers the manual mode where the screen is just a track and shows how far along the track you are. I thought he would want to use the beach scenes but nope.

Cheryl Oh no, sorry your breakfast didn’t agree with you. Am I remembering correctly that you have tried to avoid eggs in the past? I hope you feel better and can find something else to eat for breakfast while you take a break from eggs.

Saturday I did a quick strength workout and then DH and I pulled pears from my pear tree. We only did about a third to half of the tree and will do the rest later. After that, we had errands to run. Sunday was my meal prep and lazy day. This morning I did Live Cardio Glutes and Core Express. For 38 minutes, it was super tough and I had to stop a little early on some things.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Oh no, sorry about your breakfast problem. That is not a nice way to start your day at all. I do't blame you for avoiding eggs after that.

julie Wow, that is funny that your DH likes to use the treadmill in manual mode. Your hikes and walks and runs in different places sound like so much fun to me. Great job o your strength workout om Saturday. What are you going to do with all of the pears, will you can them? I love fresh pears! Great job on Live Cardio glutei and core!

Saturday I took as my rest day, but we did get a ski in. DH said he would take me and then he decided to try it and see how his back felt. Luckily his back did really well this week, so he was happy. Saturday night we went to see Joan Jett and Heart. It was a gorgeous night and they were both awesome. Ann Wilsons voice is just incredible! Sunday morning I did ICE MTB + icy core. I remembered thinking it was easy the first time I did it, so I upped the weights on most of the exercises and it was better. I didn't do much else except some grocery shopping and a little work on my stained glass. This morning my friend and I did a 20 mile bike ride. We were going to go farther, but the trail was closed so we had to turn around. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Glad you got a ski in and yea that DH's back let him ski this time. Oh man, Joan Jett brings back memories for me and I love Heart. Magic Man is probably my favorite. Great job on ICE MTB + icy core and your 20 mile bike ride! Right now I am trying to give away the pears to whoever will take them. I do give them to my dogs as treats so that helps too. I have never canned anything except refrigerator jalapenos once. Luckily the pears seem to last a few months in the fridge so as long as people help me out, I don't waste too many of them.

This morning I did Live Fit Tower Light Total Body. It was all barre work for legs and very light weights for upper body. The only back worked was rear delts so I added in some modified pullups on the bar since I had it out. It was a muscle burner with the high reps but not really my cup of tea so I can't see myself doing it again. The core section was actually easy for me.

Have a great day!

Julie I never thought about dogs eating pears. it seems funny that they like them! That is nice that they keep so long. Great job Live FTLTB. it doesn't sound like one that I would like either. I'm to a big fan of the high rep workouts in general.

This morning I did Great Glutes and the abs from ME. I was really feeling the pizza presses and the ab work today. Mai and Tai were supposed to have their spay/neuter today, but they are both still a little congested so I moved it out a week. Hopefully they will be able to shake this thing off. They are getting bigger so hopefully their immune systems will mature and get rid of it. I have been letting them play with the other kittens the last couple of days and they are just loving that. Have a great weekend.

Pam

Julie Good work on your quick strength workout and Live Cardio Glutes and Core Express. Nice that you have a pear tree so you can eat them fresh. I do need to be careful with eggs. I can't eat them if the chickens have been fed soy in their feed. The farm that I get them from now don't use soy but I think they got some new hens and the old feed hadn't left their system yet. That is probably why I didn't feel well after eating them.

Pam That is great that your DH's back was feeling good enough to go skiing. Joan Jett and Heart would have been a great concert to go to. Great job on ICE MTB + icy core and upping the weights and your 20 mile bike ride. Bummer that the rest of the trail was closed though.

Julie Good job on Live Fit Tower Light Total Body. Good for you to include some pull ups for your back. Your core must be getting stronger if you found the abs easy.

Pam Good work on Great Glutes and the abs from ME. It was probably wise to move Mai and Tai's spay/neuter if they are still congested. I bet they are having fun playing with the other kittens.

So Saturday morning I went dragon boating. Then in the afternoon I went to do my shift at the SPCA. I was there by myself for about 4 hours and of course things got really busy for me. I did adopt out 2 cats and 2 kittens so that was all good. Sunday I didn't do a workout but I did go for a bit of a walk. Monday morning I did Rhythmic Step and I was a dripping mess after that. Then DH had a doctors appointment and in the evening I went dragon boating. It was a really nice night and a great practise. This morning I did Leaner Legs, it had been a long time since I did that one. Then I went to the SPCA to watch a couple of webinars with my manager. Then I got all the grocery shopping done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on dragon boating. Wow, you had quite the busy shift at the SPCA! It must have been a bit crazy being there by yourself. Great job on your walk and on Rhythmic step and Leaner legs. it sounds like you might be doing Cathe's August rotation too?

This morning was Hard Strikes. I usually find an excuse to sub that one out so I don't have to do the su/pu combo, but I did it. I was able to keep up with them for the first 4 rounds but had to slow down for the last two. I was very glad that it doesn't have 8 rounds of it like the other workout (flex train maybe?) The vacuum that I got for Christmas quit working so the are sending me a new one. I had to take the old one to a UPS store yesterday to have it sent back, but I was happy that they are sending me a new one. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Yes I am doing Cathe's August rotation. I started it a bit late. Great job on Hard Strikes. The su/pu combo is tough. I think you are right that it is Flex Train that has the 8 rounds of it. Bummer that your vacuum stopped working but that is great that they are sending you a new one. What brand is it?

Today it was Rock'em Sock'em Kickbox. Then I got some housework and laundry done. In the afternoon we did a few errands.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on GG plus ME abs! Oh my those pizza presses in GG are almost torturous. Oh that is good news that they are getting better. Most of the dogs we have had have loved almost all fruits and veggies we give them. I even had one dog that loved raw spinach and kale! Great job on HS and doing the su/pu combo! That is tough to keep up with Cathe. The other one is Super Cuts not Flex Train, just saving you for if it comes up in your rotation! What a bummer about the vacuum quitting after just a few months really.

Cheryl A walk sounds fantastic and so good for the soul! Great job on your sweaty mess of RS and LL! Oh I don’t know if my core is getting stronger or if those particular moves were just easier for me. I still struggle with bike maneuver, reverse crunches, and other moves like those. Great job on RSK and housework and errands!

Yesterday I had a morning appointment to get my fasting blood work done so I didn’t go to work beforehand and then decided not to go to work after! It was a perfect day to take off. After my blood work, I did a jog in Portugal and a hike in Australia on the treadmill and then relaxed with the dogs on the deck for a little while. This morning I did Live Lower Body Confusion! I loved it!

Have a great weekend! I am taking tomorrow off work because working 3 days is much better than working 5!

Julie That is a good excuse to take a day off. Great work on your job in Portugal and your hike in Australia and this mornings Live Lower Body confusion. I agree that working 3 days is much better than 5. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

This morning it was ICE Chiseled Upper Body and abs 1. Then I went to the SPCA as we were getting a large transfer in, We got 6 kittens, 3 cats and 1 guinea pig. All the cats and kittens are so friendly but there is one cat who is incredibly friendly. It was hard to examine him because all we wanted to do is rub up against you and gets lots of petting. If we didn't already have two cats I would have taken him home.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl My vacuum is a Dyson. It has fantastic suction, but I was a bit disappointed that it stopped working so soon. Hopefully it was just a fluke and the new one will last. The warranty starts over too so I certainly can't complain about their customer service. Great job on RSK and your housework and errands!

Julie That is funny about the dogs loving fruits and vegetables, especially the spinach and kale:D Great job on your jog in Portugal and your hike in Australia and Live LBC. That is great that you had a nice day off after your appointment.

Cheryl Great job on CUB+abs 1. That is a lot of animals to get in at once! It sounds like that cat will probably not be there very long since he is so friendly. That's the danger of working somewhere like that, it's sometimes hard to leave the animals there!

Yesterday morning my friends and I went on a 23 mile bike ride. It was really humid and we rode faster than normal so I was pretty fried afterwards. Then I took my bike in for a tune up. The last time we rode my front tire fell off when I was putting it on the rack after our ride! I was lucky that it happened then and not when I was riding or driving down the road. This morning was PUB. It is just so cruel having all of those pikes after that upper body workout. I had to modify them heavily. This morning Carl and his girlfriend are coming over to change the oil in his car and play with the kittens. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I have a Dyson as well. It must of been a fluke that it stopped working so soon after purchasing it. I have had mine for about 8 years and it has worked great. That is great that you also get a new warranty with this one too. Oh yeah it is hard to leave them there. But I know he will find a great home. Great job on your 23 mile bike ride in the humidity. That would have been awful to lose a tire when you were riding your bike. Good thing that it happened when you were putting it on your rack. Good work on PUB and all of those pikes. That is the nice thing about the DVD I can get those over with first though it doesn't make them any easier.

So I had to be back at the shelter early this morning to take our three cats in to have their teeth checked. So I couldn't get a workout in before I left and I didn't get back until lunch time because I had to change up some paperwork. I did get all of the vacuuming done in the afternoon though.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl I think I need to buy the official PUB DVD just so I can do the ab work first. I had the VCR tape and copied it to DVD, so the only way for me to get to that section is to fast forward. I think they might be a very very little bit easier doing them before my arms are fried, but I don't think very much!

Yesterday morning when I went to do my workout my DVD player wasn't working. I tried a different one and it wasn't working either, so I decided that was a sign that I was not supposed to workout yesterday. We had an adoption event and were pretty busy but only had 2 adoptions. A young couple really liked Mia and Ava, but they wanted to think about whether they are ready to have 2 cats. I liked them a lot so I'm hoping that they will come back for them. Another couple also really liked Ava, but they also want to meet some of the other cats that will be there today. This morning I did Cardio Slam. For some reason I had been thinking I didn't like that one, but I guess I was thinking of a different workout. I like the fast footwork and the step part a lot. Have a great day!

Pam

Cheryl Great job on ICE CUB plus abs! That is a large transfer. Oh that is so sweet that cat only wanted attention. I bet it is so hard to not bring home some of the cats and kittens that come through there. But they do seem to get adopted out pretty quickly which is good. Hopefully the teeth checkup came back good for the cats.

Pam Great job on your 23 mile faster and humid bike ride! Oh wow! That is lucky it did not fall off during a ride. Once I was driving on the interstate back home from work and the car in front of me had two bikes on a rack on the back of the car. The entire bike fell off the rack. Luckily I could get in the other lane to miss it but I saw a semi-truck drive over it in my rear view mirror. The car never even slowed down so I don’t think they realized it had happened. I imagine they were quite surprised when they got to where they were going. Great job on PUB and all those pikes with sore arms! That’s weird about the DVD player but sounds like you were being prompted to have a rest day. Great job on CS!

Friday I did a jog in Portugal and a hike in Hawaii! I mixed up my routine and did some cleaning first and then worked out. Not sure I like it that way but might try it again. Saturday I did a quick moderate strength workout and then some more housework and chores. In the evening, DH and I went to my mom’s for her birthday party. Sunday was a rest day for me being lazy! This morning I did Live Total Body Giant Sets 2! It went by really fast!

Have a great day!

Julie My friend had her bike fall off while driving down the road once too. Luckily she saw it happen and it bounced off the side of the road before anyone ran over it. Surprisingly it wasn't even too badly damaged, but what a scary sight!! Great job on your jog in Portugal and hike in Hawaii! I find that if I don't do my workout first thing I'm more likely not to do it at all. Great job o your strength workout, housework and chores and Live TBGS. I really like the giant sets format.

We were. little busier at our adoption event yesterday and had 4 adoptions, including Ava. The couple that fell in love with her on Saturday came back and found another kitten to adopt with her. I already heard from them last night that she was settling in really well and was being the big sister to Tizzy, the other kitten they adopted. :) I was hoping for more adoptions this weekend, but at least we had a few. This morning I did Step moves and the abs from LIC. Step Moves isn't really a favorite of mine and since it's so short I did the section at the end where she puts the three combos together three times. Even with that and the abs my workout came in right around an hour. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam 4 adoptions is great! So cute they adopted 2 together. Great job on SM and LIC abs! Step Moves is one I remembering not being a favorite of mine either. I seem to recall there being a couple trickier moves I just struggled with.

This morning I did a jog through a town in Morocco and a hike in Hawaii. The Moroccan town was so different than anything I have seen before. The blue walls of the buildings were so beautiful. I was not judging my time well and ended up running about 10 minutes late. Not a good way to start off the day.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.