Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Great job on CCC!!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted! Friday my friends and I did a 32 mile bike ride. it was just gorgeous outside, not too hot and the humidity was really low. Saturday I took as a rest day and helped at our adoption event. Carmela and Adriana both got adopted to really great families. Sunday I did Great Glutes and the abs from Lean legs and abs. Sundays adoption event was really slow. We only had 2 adoptions and none of mine were adopted. Someone met Toni and Bianca, but they ended up leaving without adopting anyone. This morning was Cardio Kicks again. I had just done it not too long ago, but it's such a fun one that I didn't mind the repeat. Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Julie What a nice run to do on Kauai. I would have been really nice to actually be there but the video would be a close second. I hope your inner thigh and back are doing better. Good job on Live PHA3. Oops

Pam Great work on your 32 mile bike ride, Great Glutes and Cardio Kicks. Too bad that you didn't have hardly any adoptions. Hopefully next time will be better.

So Friday I decided to take as a day off and I got all my gear together for the regatta and did some course work. Saturday I did 3 races, 2 mixed races and one open race. The team I subbed for is a team of men who have all had prostate cancer so they needed women for their team as you must have at least 10 women on the boat for a mixed team. The open is a bit different and anything goes. Our team was mainly men with only 3 of us women. In that one we were racing against very strong and younger teams. Needless to say we didn't do very well but it was an experience. The age range on our team was from 50s to 80s. Saturday I had to get there really early because our first race was just after 8am. It was hard since I didn't sleep well the night before so it was tough getting up. Yesterday we did 4 races 2 mixed and 2 open. We didn't medal in our division but we did have a lot of fun. The guys were a blast to paddle with and we are all hoping that we can do it again with them next year. Yesterday I was so tired when I got home that I went to bed at 7pm and slept through til 6 this morning. I didn't do a workout this morning but I am going to dragon boat practise tonight. I spent many hours today doing all the of courses that needed to be done. I am pretty much finished except for the quiz that I will do tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did 2 treadmill workouts. One was an interval jog/walk along a lava coast in Hawaii and the other was a walking hike up Sleeping Giant in Kauai. Both together was about 60 minutes.

Pam No worries on not posting especially on the weekends. Great job on your 32 mile bike ride in beautiful weather. That is so awesome about the adoptions on Saturday. Great job on Great Glutes and abs from LLA! Maybe the person that met Toni and Bianca needs time to decide which one is right for them and get set up and will be back to adopt them. Fingers crossed anyway. Great job on Cardio Kicks! That one is such a fun one to do especially at the end!

Cheryl Wow you had a busy weekend! Sounds like you had a great time with 7 races (amazing)! That is so cool that there are some in their 80s doing dragon boating. I hope to still be pretty active when I am that age as well. You needed a good nights’ sleep after that jam packed weekend. Hopefully you are feeling pretty restless. Good luck on your quiz!

Have a great day!

Julie It looks like our posts crossed yesterday. That is awesome that you got to do a run in Kauai, that definitely must make the treadmill a lot more fun. Sorry to hear that you were in pain over the weekend, but glad that it is feeling better now. Great job on Live PHA 3. That's funny that Cathe messed up and no one caught it. Or maybe they were just happy to finish a little early :p. I guess 1 1/2 hours of rest time is better than none!

Cheryl Wow, you had quite the busy weekend! I bet you were exhausted on Sunday night. It sounds like a great time, even if you didn't medal. 3 You sure got through that course work fast! Great job.

Julie Great job on your treadmill workouts.

This morning I did High Step Training. I like that one except that the 6 rounds of leg presses is pretty excessive. I didn't even try to do the 1-armed tricep dips either, I just did regular dips. Those were hard enough. Then I added in the abs from ME. I spent the morning cutting the lawn cut and trimmed, spraying weeds and doing some planting. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on your two treadmill workouts. I am sure the views were really nice even if it was on a video.

Pam Great work on High Step Training. I seem to remember that those 1-armed tricep dips were a killer. I don't blame you for doing the regular ones.

This morning was Step Blast then I went and got some groceries. I finished my quiz and I got 100%, so now I am ready for my first shift on Thursday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Live Toasted Trisets Upper Body. It was really good but the core at the end was pretty tough even with only 3 moves repeated 3 times. Yesterday I kept thinking it was Wednesday and today I woke up thinking it was Thursday. Ugh! What a bummer to be a day ahead.

Pam Great job on HST + ME abs! I was getting ready to say the 1-arm dips is excessive but then I saw you said you did regular ones so it sounds like we are on the same page there. Plus you did lots of yard work on top of that!

Cheryl Great job on Step Blast! Awesome news on passing the quiz with 100%!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Live Toasted Trisets Upper Body. Bummer about thinking that it was Thursday. I hope your day went by fast at least.

This morning I did Total Body Giant Sets and then I went to the SPCA. It was really busy with looking after the animals and cleaning the cages and cat trees. Then after that I went down to our local park and met our old neighbours who moved to Norway. It was great getting together with them. Then after that I had to go to the mall to pick up a couple of things. Now I have some more courses that I need to get done. Tomorrow is my first whole day at the SPCA and then right after that I am going dragon boating since we have a regatta coming up. So I won't be able to post tomorrow but I should be back again on Friday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Live Rapid Fire Legs and Core! It went by super fast and was virtually nonstop except when I had to pause to wipe the buckets of sweat pouring off me. The core section was all with the ball as was the stretch at the end. Now I am all ready for my second Thursday of the week!

Cheryl Great job on TBGS! Sounds like you had a busy day. I have heard Norway is beautiful but I am not sure I could handle the winters there. Have a great first day of work!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Step Blast and getting 100% on your quiz! You are a star student!

Julie Great job on Live TTUB! What were the three ab moves, do you remember? I hate it when my body clock is a day off like that!

Cheryl Great job on TBGS, that was my workout this morning. Wow, you have been busy. I hope that your first full day at the new job goes well.

Julie Great job on Live RFL+C, it sounds like a killer!I really like core on the ball, except for the excessive pikes in PUB! I hope your second Thursday goes well :).

Yesterday my friend and I went on a 21 mile bike ride. We both had sore legs so it was good to do a shorter one for both of us. It was hot, but the humidity was low so it wasn't too bad. Yesterday I picked up 3 more kittens. She was just going to give me 2 since I only had 2 adopted last weekend, but there were 3 that are the same age so I didn't want to leave one behind. Hopefully some of my others will be adopted soon. This morning was Total Body Giant sets plus core. I really like the giant sets format. I'm not sure what is going to happen with the rescue that I have been volunteering with. The woman who runs the show is moving to Connecticut. They are going to try to keep things going without her, but I'm not sure it is going to work. The founder has been hinting for me to take over her role, but I just don't want to be that tied down to it. Her husband starts his job up there at the end of July so we will find out soon I guess Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I did a 30 minute jog/run followed by a 30 minute hike in Australia. It wasn’t as neat of scenery as Hawaii but still way better than staring at a digital track on the old treadmills.

Pam I think the 3 moves were a monster sit up (straight arm to opposite straight leg), supine leg raises to hands holding weights above head (center/right/center/left), and hip dips in an elbow plank. I hope I explained those well. They weren't too bad the first time through but she moved through them fast and it added up. Great job on your 21 mile bike ride. Oh I wouldn't be able to leave one of them behind either. Great job on TBGS plus core! Oh no! I hope they can find someone to take over the rescue. You all have been doing amazing work getting kittens adopted out.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on Live Rapid Fire Legs and Core.

Pam Good work on your 21 mile bike ride. I wouldn't have wanted to leave a kitten behind either. Good job on TBGS plus core. I hope your rescue can keep things going. You guys are doing a great job. I don't blame you for not wanting to be tied down. There would be a lot of work in running a rescue.

Julie Great work on your 30 minute hike in Australia. It would be totally different scenery than Hawaii.

So yesterday I did Low Impact Sweat then went to my first day on the job. Wow there is a lot to learn and the day went by really fast. I helped to examine 4 kittens, 2 cats and a guinea pig. Then as soon as I got home I had to change and go dragon boating. I was really happy when I got to go to bed. I was beat. Today I decided to take a day off but I did get all the laundry and housework done.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Julie Great job on your jog/run/hike. It definitely would be much different scenery than Hawaii. It really sounds like fun. Oh yes, those are some tough ab moves. I hate those monster sit ups especially!

Cheryl Gret job on LIS. Wow, you had a really busy first day at your new job, plus dragon boating afterwards, I think it was a good idea not to do a workout I the morning.

Yesterday I ended up agreeing to kitty sit for a mamma cat and 3 kitties for a week :eek:. My old neighbor took over a rescue and she had a foster who was going out of town and didn't have anywhere for the kitties. I told her as long as they are ok staying in a bedroom for a week that I would take them. So now I have 13 cats in the house! Yikes! Someone is interested in Bianca though so hopefully she will be getting adopted soon. This morning I did Hiit circuit upper body and bonus abs 2. Now I'm getting ready for having some friends over for dinner, My friend wanted me to make them a Peruvian dinner, so that is what we are doing tonight. Have a great day!

Pam

Saturday I was so proud of myself for getting up early to go my heavy weight lifting so we could make Sheba’s early vet appointment. After that, I did some housework and then DH and I spent a few hours with my family for an early July 4th celebration. Sunday was my lazy day and boy was I sore from the heavy lifting. This morning I got up and did Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre and was super thankful it was short and relatively lower intensity because I did not sleep well. This week is going to be a bear of a week as I have all my performance reviews to do in 3 days since it is a very short week.

Cheryl Great job on LIS! Hopefully you slept well after that long day! It sounds like it was physically and mentally exhausting! I don’t know what I was thinking it would be in Australia since we were in the Australian Alps it of course would be different than the beaches of Hawaii.

Pam Oh wow, 13 cats! Great job on RWH HCUB plus bonus abs 2! A Peruvian dinner sounds interesting. What did you end up making!

Have a great day!

Julie Wow, you are amazing getting up so early on Saturday to get tour workout in before the vet appointment. Great jb on the heart lifting and on the Live CK+CB! I hope you get through all of your performance reviews without it being too painful! I am 'down' to 12 cats now. because Bianca got adopted, but I'm picking up 2 7 week old ones today :oops:. The mamma and kittens are pretty easy because they only eat dry food, but they are wanting out of that bedroom. Luckily they have had lots of visitors. The neighbor kids came over several times over the weekend to play with all of the kittens. It looks like I may have gotten one of my guest kittens adopted too. :p I made quinoa soup as a starter because we had soup with every meal in Peru and there was always quinoa everywhere. Then we had something called Causa Rellena. It sounds so weird but is really good. It's mashed potatoes with some spice and lime juice blended in, layered with chicken salad between two layers of mashed potatoes and served cold. It has a spicy sauce and you serve it with a slice of avocado, some black olives, and hard boiled eggs. For the main course we had something called Lomo Saltado. It's basically a beef stir fry with red onion and spicy Peruvian peppers. The weird thing about it is that it is served with rice and French fries, and you are supposed to mix them all together. It's really good though.

Sunday was my rest day, but we did get a ski in. It was the first time in a month and I am feeling it in my shoulders today. It was really windy and the water was rough and I skied terrible, but it was something. This morning I did PRS2 extreme + the abs from Cardio and weights. I am liking the PRS workouts now that I'm more used to the combos. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Wow 13 cats is a lot. You are so good in looking after that many. Good work on Hiit Circuit Upper Body and Bonus Abs 2. A Peruvian dinner sounds interesting.

Julie Good for you in getting up early to get your heavy weight lifting in. Great job in Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre. Yuck I hope your performance reviews go by quickly.

Pam Glad to hear that Bianca got adopted. Your Peruvian dinner sounds interesting. Great job on your skiing and PRS2 Extreme.

So Saturday I did Flex Train and then spent the rest of the day doing courses for my position. Sunday I went early to the farmers market and then did a bit more of the courses that I needed to do, It was my mom's birthday so we went over to my brothers for dinner. Today it was a holiday for us so I went dragon boating in the morning and then finished the courses and my quiz.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on Flex train and doing your homework! I hope your mom had a nice birthday and that she is doing well. Is she enjoying her new place? Happy Canada day a little late!

Yesterday I got 2 more kittens! I was supposed to get them when I had two more adopted, but the woman who is moving to Connecticut had them and has so much to do, so I told her I would take them early. Now I'm really hoping for more adoptions and will be ready for my 4 guests to leave! This morning I did Butts and Guts. I like it, but it does seem like it goes on forever. The founder of Meowhouse and the woman who is moving to Connecticut invited me to join them for lunch today :oops:. They want me to take over for her but I'm not planning to sign up for that. I will help with a lot of things, but I don't want to be in charge of intake and coordinating fosters. It should be interesting. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Yes my mom is enjoying her new place. She does complain that she is too busy though sometimes with all the activities they have for them. How is your mom doing? Does she like where she is now? Great job on Butts and Guts. Wow you do have a lot of kittens, hopefully they will be adopted soon. I don't blame you for not wanting to take over. That would be a lot of work. Hopefully they can find someone else willing to do it.

I woke up with a headache this morning and I was a bit dehydrated. I don't think I drank enough water yesterday. So I didn't feel up to doing a workout this morning. I did go grocery shopping and then did some meal prepping. I needed to go to the SPCA to help out by taking a couple of gerbils to the vet and then I had to take a cat to another vet. I am working there all day tomorrow, Thursday and Friday so I am going to be busy. Then Friday night I am leaving for Nanaimo on Vancouver Island for a dragon boat regatta on both Saturday and Sunday and then I need to work again on Monday. Whew I am tired just thinking about it.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Sorry for no post yesterday; it was a crazy day. I did do a “run” and hike in Australia yesterday on the treadmill. This morning I did Live 2018 Glassboro Upper Body and Core. It was very similar to another UB & Core I did just recently. Including the monster walk situps at the end. I have tomorrow and Friday off work and am looking forward to a nice long 4 day weekend.

Pam I bet the wind made the ski harder and really worked your shoulders. Great job on PRS 2 extreme + C&W abs! The quinoa soup sounds good. The other items sound interesting and I do love spicy peppers, rice, and fries! Great job on B&G! I admire anyone in the foster/rescue business but doing the intake and coordinating everything doesn’t sound like something I would want to do.

Cheryl Great job on FT! Glad you were able to get together with your family for your mom’s birthday. There is a lot of coursework and quizzes involved in your new job. Oh no! Dehydration is not good but it can happen easily when you are keeping busy. You have quite the busy week and weekend coming up. Good luck at the regatta! I am sure you will have a blast!

Have a great next couple days! See you next Monday!

Cheryl I'm glad your mom is enjoying her place. I think my mom is happy where she is, but she is so out of it that she doesn't do any of the activities She has no attention span and is bored a lot. Wow, sounds like you had quite a busy dat the the SPCA. I hop you have a great time at the dragon boat regatta!

Julie NO worries on not posting it happens to all of us. Great job on your Australian run and hike and Live UB+core. I hope you enjoy your long weekend!

This morning I did PS CST + BB. I skipped the abs on the second workout since I have done them the last two days in a row and that made the two combined almost exactly 1 hour. Tomorrow my friends and I are doing a firecracker 50k bike ride in the morning and then cooking out and swimming in the afternoon. Poor DH will miss it because he doesn't get home from Germany until tomorrow night. The meeting with the meow house folks went pretty well. I signed up to keep track of the cats records and to learn to do the vaccinations. I'm a little scared about that, but I'm sure after the first few it won't be too bad. I also said I'm happy to drive around and pick up and deliver cats and kittens but want no part of intake or coordination of fosters. So we will see how it goes! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Don't worry about not posting, we all have crazy days when things get away from us. Good work on your run and hike in Australia and Live 2018 Glassboro Upper Body and Core. Enjoy your long weekend.

Pam It makes it hard when they are out of it and can't do the activities. The activies do keep my mom pretty busy. Great job on PS CST +BB and enjoy the firecracker 50K bike ride. That sucks that your DH will miss everything. He sure does travel a lot. I am learning how to do vaccinations too. I think I will have several to do tomorrow. Picking up and delivering cats and kittens is fun too.

This morning I tried to do PRS #1 but I think I was still dehydrated. I got through the first couple of sections but decided to end it there. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Then I spent the day at the SPCA. We are closed to the public on Wednesdays but it didn't make it any less busy. I had to give our kittens some meds since they have some diarrhea and we got a transfer in of two cats. I did the examinations for them which went pretty well. Then I needed to pick up some greens for our rabbit and guinea pig and then pick up a cat from the vet who needed a dental check. Then it was learning all of the front desk stuff.

Have a great 4th of July.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.