Strength in Numbers

This morning I did LIS Total Body Trisets. I wanted to do total body but that is too long and the total body express only goes through legs once and is a little short so I did the full legs but only did upper body one time through. It turned out to be about an hour. It got really cold and windy starting last night and this morning Layla was growling at the wind.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheryl Great job on YR. Oh boy, I love the purr pots. I bet he won't be there anymore when you go back.

Julie Great job on CM. Getting used to being in the saddle is the worst.

Yesterday morning I went for a 3 mile bike ride with my friend. Someone was coming over to stay with her husband so she wanted to get out for a ride. Then I did a little more yard work. This morning I did a crazy combo. I started with ploy hiit 2, then did Gym style back, shoulders and biceps, and finished with LITE bonus abs 1. It still was only about an hour and 20 minutes though. Today is our last warm day so I'm going to get outside again. It was 80 yesterday and is 70 now, but it is supposed to drop throughout the day and only be in the 40s over the weekend. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Cycle Max. Those seats are not comfortable. I hope your butt doesn't hurt too much. Good work on Total Body Trisets. The leg part is short in that one. Too funny about Layla growling at the wind.

Pam No the kittens are never there again the next week. They get snapped up so fast. Great job on your 3 mile bike ride. That is great that your friend could get out and away from things for a while. That was a crazy combo that you did but sounds like it would have been fun. Wow that is a big temperature swing.

So yesterday I went to Twist and then came home and did housework and laundry. This morning I did Lite Cardio Party and then made some sauerkraut ( we will see if it turns out) granola and a cinnamon raisin loaf. Then our friend who has Zoey asked if we wanted to walk to the park with them so we did. It was really cold out and when we got to the park Zoey had some doggy ice cream and we had some too. I bit crazy since it was freezing out.

Cheryl

Julie Great job on LIS TBT Julie mix. That is really funny the Layla was growling at the wind. I want to growl at the wind sometimes too.

Cheryl Oops. looks like I had a typo, we did a 23 mile ride the other day, not 3 :D. This is our typical winter weather, 70s one day, 30s the next. The nice thing is that the old weather doesn't usually stick around for long. We are going to be back into the 60s this week. Great job on Twist, housework, laundry, and Lite Cardio party. I hope your sauerkraut turns out well. How long does it need to ferment? You were quite the busy cook/baker! Doggy ice cream huh? I haven't seen that before.

This morning was Gym Style Chest and triceps. The chest work felt so hard, I think because all of those pushups at the beginning just fry me! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam 3 miles did seem a bit short. It can take up to 5 to 6 weeks to ferment though the recipe that I am following is only about 1 to 2 weeks. Great job on GSS Chest and Triceps. Yep all those pushups in the beginning do me in too.

This morning I did Lite Pyramid Lower Body, abs 2 and the extended stretch 2. It is going to get cold out tonight down into the 20s. I took the hummingbird feeder in so it won't freeze. They are calling for snow too so we will see how much if any we get.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Greatjobon PLB, abs 2, and the extended stretch! I hope you don't get too much snow if you get any. You don't usually get much, do you?

I took yesterday as my rest day. I had a pretty lazy day with some laundry, knitting, and playing with my new kittens. I got two little fluff balls on Saturday. They are just so cute and one is a polydactyl.His front feet look like he has mittens on. I'm still trying to get a picture of them. This morning I did Rockout Knockout and six pack abs 2. I like that one better than six pack abs 1. It's cool and rainy here so looks like a good day to stay inside. Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Saturday I did Rock’em Sock’em plus the BB and Icy Core 1. The core was really tougher than usual for some reason. After that, DH and I did some organizing around the house and then we had a meet and greet with a dog we are looking to adopt. Yes we are crazy and may be adopting a third dog! We will know more this week when we might get him. Sunday I did my heavy weight day and then some meal prepping and being lazy. I had all intentions to get up and do yoga/stretching this morning and was actually looking forward to it but I got horrible sleep last night. So I am going to try do something even if it is just 15 minutes when I get home tonight.

Pam Great job on your 23 mile bike ride! That was nice that she was able to get out and get some exercise in. I’m sure that helped with her stress level with so much going on. Great job on your crazy combo of a little HiiT, some UB, and abs! Are you starting your own rotation? Oh your temps are making me so jealous; we got more snow yesterday. Great job on GS CST! The drop set of pushups is so awful and makes the rest of the workout tough. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing rest day! Oh how adorable your little polydactyl kitty. Great job on RK and abs!

Cheryl Great job on Twist and housework and laundry and Cardio Party! The granola and cinnamon loaf sounds yummy! I’m not into sauerkraut. As a kid I remember being forced to eat it and hating it so I have been reluctant to try it ever since. Great job on LITE PLB plus abs and extended stretch 2! How are you feeling after the legs on that pyramid? The time I did it, my legs were pretty sore all around. Hopefully you did not get too much snow!

Have a great day!

Pam We got about 4 inches of snow and it is snowing again. You are right that we usually don't get much snow if any during the winter. We will probably get another 4 inches tonight. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing rest day. I love the feet of polydactyl kitties. Our neighbour has one. Good work on Rockout Knockout and six pack abs 2. Cool and rainy that is our normal winter weather.

Julie Great job on Rock'em Sock'em + BB and Icy Core 1. I don't think you are crazy for adopting another dog. We had 3 cats at one point and they were like our family. Is it another boxer or another breed of dog? Good job on your heavy weight day and all of your meal prepping. I hate it when I don't get a good nights sleep, I don't blame you for wanting to wait until later to do your yoga. My legs were feeling fine after PLB but I did PUB on Sunday and my biceps are feeling that.

So Sunday I did LITE Pyramid Upper Body. I found that one challenging and my biceps are feeling it today. The pace seemed faster than her original pyramid workouts. Then we walked down to the winter market to pick up a few things. It was really cold out so we didn't stay for long. Then we had a lazy day watching the snow come down. This morning I did Cardio Slam and then shoveled some snow. In the afternoon I had my last dentist appointment to fill some cavities. I am glad that it is all done now. It is snowing again so I will have to see how much we get and if I am going to go to Twist in the morning.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did do Extended Stretch 1 from LITE. It was good but short. Wish it had been a little longer. This morning I did Afterburn. Wowee! That was rough and tough. I had to take breaks mainly before or after the mountain climbers and spiderman climbers and pushups. Those spiderman climbers really get me for some reason.

Cheryl Great job on LITE PUB! I think I do recall the pace being faster than her original one. I felt that way with legs too and I think it is because she uses dumbbells so you don't get a 'rest' while you change the barbell plates. I will admit snow is pretty coming down but I am done with it this year and we are supposed to get another half inch today. Great job on Cardio Slam and snowmax! Hopefully you didn't get too much snow that you couldn't go to Twist. Yes we are getting another boxer. His name is Gunner and we already know that he is going to have to go on a diet as he is a BIG boy.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Rock em Sock em+BB+icy core! Congratulations on getting another dog, how exciting! I know, I thought we were crazy getting a third cat, and that was before I started fostering! Great job on Your heavy weight day, it sounds like you needed the sleep more than the yoga after a restless night, but I read ahead and saw that you did do some stretching after you got home, good for you! I'm doing a modified version of Cathe's February rotation. I doubled up two of the workouts because I had missed a day for a bike ride, and then I usually try to figure out what to change based on days that I ride instead.

Cheryl Oh wow, that is a lot of snow you are getting. Stay inside and warm and safe! Great job on PUB. I haven't tried that one yet. So nice that you can walk to the market and not have to get out and drive in the snow. It is pretty to watch coming down. Great job on cardio slam and shovel max! I hope you were able to get out for Twist.

Julie Great job on Afterburn. The mountain climbers and Spiderman climbers always kill me. And those dreaded dragging pushups. I call them zombie pushups. That is a really tough workout so there is no shame in taking some breaks!

This morning was Gym Style legs for me. After that I took Foxxy to the vet again. I wasn't really happy with the other vet so I took her to one that we used to use that we really like. It's a farther drive but worth it. It's about 95% certain that she has FIP :(. There is a very small possibility that it is a form of hepatitis though, and that is treatable. He gave her a steroid and some stronger antibiotics and wants to see how she does with that. He says that if she does well it makes sense to test for the hepatitis. We're hopeful, but not very optimistic. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Way to go on the extended stretch 1 from LITE. Great job on Afterburn, that is a tough one so don't worry that you had to take breaks. I am sure Gunner will lose weight fast and he will have two other dogs to play with which will help.

Pam Good work on GS Legs. It is important to trust the vet. Sorry that Foxxy probably has FIP, but you never know it could be hepatitis, fingers crossed.

So I did make it to Twist this morning. It snowed all night but the major roads were sanded so I didn't have a problem getting there. When I got home I had some breakfast and then shoveled the front of our place. Then I saw an email from the SPCA that they were closed today because of the weather and asking if anyone could help the manager feed the animals in the morning. Because I am so close and I wasn't sure if the normal Tuesday volunteers could make it there I walked down there. One of the normal volunteers made it but that was all. So we fed the animals, cleaned the cages and did the dishes and laundry. We got quite a bit accomplished in a couple of hours. I will be back there tomorrow and I don't know if my partner will make it since she takes transit and because of the snow it isn't working too well.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Cardio Party plus the Calorie Crush and abs 1! The first time I did CP with the CC, I felt like the CP alone was enough cardio and the CC was pretty advanced. This time felt so much better. I was actually thinking “this is it” during CP and in the CC I felt adequately challenged but not overly exhausted at the end. Yea, I think my cardio is slowly increasing.

Pam Great job on GS Legs! All I remember in that one is the slow and low lunges were Cathe uses 5 pounds and it stings. I hope Foxxy responds to the new meds. Having a vet you trust is so important even if it is a drive away. Our vet is about 35 miles away even though there are plenty of closer vets we just really like them and don’t want to switch.

Cheryl Yea, great job on Twist, glad you were able to make it and the drive was good! Wow you three did get a lot done in a short amount of time. That is nice you were close enough to walk there. Hopefully your partner can make it today.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job making it to Twist despite of the snow. You had quite the busy day between that, the shoveling, and the SPCA. It sounds like you got a lot done, I bet they were really happy that you came in.

Julie Great job on CP+CC+abs! It sounds like your cardio is coming back nicely. Isn't that a great feeling when you can tell the difference like that? Oh yes, those low and slow lunge in GS legs are killers.
I started using a mobile vet a few years ago because Shorty got so stressed in the car. I really like her, but if you need to get in quickly she is always booked. After going back to this guy yesterday I'm thinking I will just keep using him.

This morning I guess I looked at the calendar too quickly. I did Super cuts plus bonus abs 1, then when I went to check it off in the workout manager I saw that I was supposed to have done Hard Strikes. Oh well. Yesterday afternoon I went and scooped litter boxes for the foster who had surgery on her hand. I'm not sure if I mentioned last time that she has 16 fosters, 6 cats of her own, a dog, 3 birds, and big aquariums! I feel like I'm overrun when I have more than 4 fosters :p Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Cardio Party + CC and abs 1. That is great that this time it felt better than the first time you did it.

Pam Good work on Supercuts and abs 1. Next time you can do Hard Strikes. Wow that is a lot of animals that she has. That is a job in itself just looking after all of them. I think I would feel overrun too.

This morning I did yoga. Then I walked down to the SPCA. The roads are a lot better today so my partner made it too. While I was there I found out that we will probably get a foster puppy tomorrow. We are excited though we have no idea yet on how old, sex or breed of the dog. It will be a surprise tomorrow. Then I went and got groceries and it was busy since this is the first day it hasn't snowed in a bit. Then I took Zoey for a good walk.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning was Cardio Supersets + Step! That is the most erroneously named workout. It should have been Metabolic Supersets. It felt tough this morning almost tougher than Afterburn but I think I am just tired from the week. Anyway, I am taking off tomorrow through next Tuesday to pick up and be with Gunner for a few days. I may try to get on Monday to let you know how it is going but if you don’t hear from me, I’ll be back on Wednesday.

Pam Great job on Supercuts plus abs 1! I think I like Supercuts better but Hardstrikes is good too. Oh wow that is a lot of animals under one roof. I feel overwhelmed with the thought of three dogs so I couldn’t imagine.

Cheryl Great job on yoga! Oh yea, a surprise puppy! I can’t wait to find out what you get. No matter what I am sure the pupper will be a lovable one!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on yoga. That's good that your roads are better and your partner was able to make it in too. How exciting that you are getting a puppy, I can't wait to hear about it!

Julie Great job on CSS+Step. You're right that that workout is not appropriately named. How exciting that you are picking up Gunner! I can't wait to see some pictures of him. The main reason I was upset . about accidentally doing Supercuts instead of Hardstrikes is because Supercuts has 8 sets of the su/pu combo instead of 6 :D

This morning I went on a 1 mile bike ride with my friend. She really needed the stress relief of the ride, but on the way there her husband called her to say the Dr had called and said he needed to come in for a transfusion. Luckily they had a friend who is a nurse that took him in so she could do the ride. I thought I was going to be home alone tonight for Valentines day, but my DH called and said he is coming home from his trip a day early! That was a nice surprise. Have a great day and Happy Valentines Day!

Pam

Julie Great work on Cardio Supersets + Step. You are right it does feel more like a metabolic workout. So exciting to be getting another dog. You will need to let us know how it is going.

Pam Good job on your 1 mile or was it a 21 mile bike ride :D. I am sure your friend needed the stress relief. Nice that she had a friend that could take her husband in for the transfusion. That was a nice surprise for your DH to come home a day early.

This morning I went to Twist. Then I did some housework and then my DH had a doctors appointment after lunch. Then we got to go and pick up our new foster puppy. He is so cute and I know I will have a hard time giving him up. He is a black lab mixed with maybe something else. He is 9 weeks old and loves to cuddle. He is also having a blast in the snow he just loves it. Tango isn't too sure about him yet, he has hissed and growled at him but so far so good. I need to take him into the vet for a checkup tomorrow morning and he is getting neutered on Tuesday. We will have him for a couple of weeks so hopefully Tango will warm up to him.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Yep, it was 21 miles :p can you tell my '2' key is sticking?! Great job on Twist and your housework. We are going to be needing to see some pictures of that puppy, he sounds so cute. Does he have a name? It always takes me awhile to name my fosters. I think I have names for the two new ones, but still trying to verify that they are both boys. They are so fluffy that it's hard to tell. :D Tango sounds like he is pretty mellow about the dogs, so he will probably get used to him soon.

This morning I did another doubled up day with LI Hiit 1 + RUUP + abs. It was a good combo. I hope you both have a great day with your new pups!

Pam

Pam We will need to get some good pictures of him. His name is Chavo (I don't know who gave him that name) but I think we are going to call him Milo. Too funny about not knowing if the two fosters you have are boys because of all their fluff. Tango isn't too mellow, he won't let Milo too close to him. Great job on LI Hiit 1 and RUUB and abs.

So we had a pretty good night, Milo whined for a bit when he was in the crate but then he settled down and slept through the night. Hi has done well with pooping and peeing outside until tonight when he peed and then pooped on the carpet. I had just taken him outside not too long ago. We will need to figure out his schedule. I tried to to Hiit Pyramid but Milo kept on crying in his crate. So I took his crate down to my workout room and put him in thinking if he saw me he would be fine. Nope he kept on crying and then he got Tango going so I had both of them wailing at one point so I decided to quit and try again tomorrow. So today I got him in for a vet appointment, got the vacuuming and laundry done and made lasagna because my mom, aunt and brother are coming over for lunch tomorrow. They don't know we have a foster puppy yet, I thought we would surprise them.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl What in the world is a Chavo? :p I definitely like Milo better! That is great that he had a good night and it sounds like he'll be house trained in no time. Too bad you weren't able to get your workout in, I hope you have better luck next time! I bet that will be a fun surprise when your mom, aunt, and brother see him. How sweet.

Today was Metabolic Supersets (aka CSS) + step for me. It was a lot harder than I remembered it being too. After the I went and helped at the adoption event. I didn't have anybody to take because none of them are big enough, Hopefully I can get Moet and Chandon in for their spay this week and take them next weekend. We had 8 adoptions today and I'm sure they would have been adopted if they had been there. I am not too worried though, they are so cute and so sweet that I know they will go quickly. Have a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.