Step Rehearsal for Shock Cardio

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
_mg_0255.jpg

Hi Everyone! I am so happy to share with you some more details of the upcoming Shock Cardio Series. As you know, Shock Cardio consists of 11 metabolism rev’ing cardio workouts (plus a bonus Travel Fit workout, which promises to be no walk in the park either !!!). While these workouts can be done as stand alone workouts with 100 percent effective results, they are most specifically designed to be used along with the STS strength series. So now when you do STS weights three times a week you will also have numerous Shock Cardio workouts to choose from and insert on your cardio days. These workouts are designed to be a total compliment to STS weight training series. In standing with the same philosophy as STS weights, each of these Shock Cardio workouts will shock your system and never allow it to adapt to the workout at hand. These workouts provide a wide variety of cross training from the type of activity, to the length of the activity, to the intensity of the activity. No one Shock Cardio workout is like the other, and that’s a good thing!

Well as you can see today’s updates provides pic’s from one of our step rehearsals. We are having lots of fun here. The first part of the rehearsal covered more of Athletic Step where we have a nice variety of combo’s that are not hard to learn but SURELY intense. The combo’s flow nicely and keep your heart pumping with excellent music, energy, and challenge. As I have said in one of my past workouts “not a lot to think about, but certainly a lot to do”. The second part of the rehearsal focused on Step Moves. This is a very fun, flowing and seamless workout that incorporates rhythmic changes and dancier patterns such as spins, mambo’s and cha cha’s. The combo’s build up with just the right learning curve and then are worked as as a finished combo before moving on to the next one. This workout is one of my personal favorites, and again, has excellent upbeat club style all instrumental music. As a matter of fact, I used this soundtrack for one of our Step workouts on the 09 Roadtrip. It was a BIG hit!

Speaking of music, we are working hard on the music and happy to announce that Big Beat music is once again our music supplier for this series. I am working closely with DJ Brian Howe to get us all those upbeat, toe tapping songs we love to hear to keep us “in the moment” of the workout. I am very pleased with the soundtracks we have so far. I’m just waiting on the rest of the music to arrive before setting the film date, shouldn’t be too much longer. Don’t worry; we still plan on a Fall release of Shock Cardio.

You can see more pictures from our latest step rehearsal on our Shock Cardio Flickr feed. I’ll post more pictures and have more details shortly on the rest of the workouts and rehearsals. I’ll be quite busy the next two weeks with rehearsals, but I’ll do my best to keep you updated more frequently.

Well I hate to scoot so soon, but I have to get ready for my class. After that I have a meeting with DJ Brian to review more “rocking” music for the Shock Cardio series. Those are always my favorite meetings

Oh happy day and I'm super excited about the "rocking" music!!! Rocking music and cardio variety, throw premixes or at least a premix DVD in there and I'd say it sounds like Cathe cardio perfection!!!! Thanks for the update!!!

Doing the Happy Dance!!!!

_mg_0255.jpg

I am so happy to share with you some more details of the upcoming Shock Cardio Series . . . The second part of the rehearsal focused on Step Moves. This is a very fun, flowing and seamless workout that incorporates rhythmic changes and dancier patterns such as spins, mambo’s and cha cha’s. This workout is one of my personal favorites, and again, has excellent upbeat club style all instrumental music.

elmo.gif

Cathe:

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! I am doing the happy dance with you!
0b735d074bb078ee58a514856701a948593025b.gif
I just got home from a fun Zumba party with my favorite Zumba teacher, and your update added to my joy and made my heart smile! I have been waiting for a DVD like Step Moves for years! I have faith that this one will be as dancy and fun as my beloved Rhythmic Step! I am starting STS again next Tuesday morning and look forward to receiving Shock Cardio soon! Thanks again for the great update and fun picture! Have a blessed week! :)

P.S. I totally agree that the step music you shared during the Road Trip rocks!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Yippee!!!

Just read the blog update and checked out the pics (the 'ice breaker' pic is my fave!) - and am just so freakin' excited!!!

Cathe, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to post the update.

I was super excited to read the details about the music. I am honestly looking forward to every single workout in the Shock Cardio series!!! :)

Thanks for the update!

Cathe,

I'd like to thank you for the great update and the pics. My favorite is the ice breakers too! How high will I get??

My excitement is building.....I'm really looking forward to fall now!!

I'd like to add that I agree that this will be a great complement to the STS series. I think we can all agree that we NEED to do cardio on those off days and not slack!:p

Work, work!!! ;) just like you signed my Road Trip book! Love it!

Woo-hoo! I can't wait either...just wondering what "Fall" means when you say it is still aiming for a Fall release. I know, so greedy of me! Really I will be happy when I get it and know you need to take the time to do a Cathe -worthy job on it which I have no doubt you will do. All of your workouts are top notch and worth the wait. Oh, the antici........pa......................................tion!!!

thanks Cathe

I can't wait either,the ice breaker pic my favorite too;). Thanks Cathe for the update, sounds like the music is going to be a hit, and fun, fun ,fun, what else can we ask, Fun while loosing fat, and getting fit.

COUNTING DAYS:D
6 more weeks until my DH get back home.
Eunice:)

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO MAKE IT TO MY HOT LITTLE HANDS!!! (don't mean to scream, but I seriously cannot wait!) Finally getting into STS Meso 2 and was thinking that I can't wait for Shock Cardio (doing Insanity right now...I like Shaun T. but he's no Cathe ;) ) and I also can't wait for the power tower!!!!! (the heavier weights are making me a bit nervous to lift the weights overhead!)
take care and keep up the great work!
julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.