step moving

anniebugs

Hi.
I have a laminate floor and my step is constantly moving. Can you recommend a suitable type of mat that would stop this please?
A link I could click on would be great.

Thankyou in advance Ann

Hi, Ann - I've used two different ways to solve the problem you're having. Since I'm on tile floor, when I used to do high impact, I'd lay down interlocking puzzle mats for my entire workout area, and weight the corners down with dumbbells so they won't slide from the momentum of your moves. The step won't slide on the mats. You can get them at places like Lowe's and Home Depot. I've also just put the step on top of a regular old bathmat, which works just fine.

Hi, Ann - I've used two different ways to solve the problem you're having. Since I'm on tile floor, when I used to do high impact, I'd lay down interlocking puzzle mats for my entire workout area, and weight the corners down with dumbbells so they won't slide from the momentum of your moves. The step won't slide on the mats. You can get them at places like Lowe's and Home Depot. I've also just put the step on top of a regular old bathmat, which works just fine.
Hi. Thanks for replying. My husband suggested a cheap bath mat. I'll give it a go.
Proper ones are soooo expensive.

I think a bath mat might still slip around a bit. I would rec, as stated above, a yoga mat or even a grip cat litter mat.
If you buy it new, yes, some good yoga mats are pricey. I found a rubber Jade Yoga one on craigslist for a bargain, so it you do really want a yoga one anyway, consider buying someone else's. The Jade ones never slip.
Have fun!

So I just completed a 30 day wall sit challenge and found my feet slipping on the linoleum and laminate flooring so I pulled out a piece of brand new rug grip. This kept my feet firmly in place. I guess this would help in your case as well. I find that in the dry humidity even my yoga mats can slide on the laminate. Funny thing is I don't have problem with my step moving. Good luck and happy stepping!

I started with the yoga mat solution as suggested by Jamie, and then found that while that stopped the step from shifting, I still could not perform any high impact moves directly on the tile floor as this was injurious to my joints and lower body!

So, I spent $100 and covered my entire workout space in interlocking mats which I got from Lowes. This stops my step from shifting and is a safe surface for all my cardio, high intensity, HiiT and plyo high impact needs.

If you are working out on a tile floor, no bath mat, yoga mat or pieces of paper stuck to the bottom of your step are going to save your joints from pain, achiness and you from injury. Invest now in the interlocking mats.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_295099-47189-MB06014_0__

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.