Step, Jump, & Pump/Step Blast!

mini-natty

Cathlete
With all the positive reviews, I decided to add this one to my collection in the form of DVD (not download which I mostly have). The only bad thing is that I have to WAIT 2 long weeks!! I want to try this one bad! So tell me, am I in for a treat or what? Which one is harder? Compared to, let's say an Imax, is the intensity similar?

I can't really say much about Step, Jump, & Pump because I've only done it twice maybe, but I've done Step Blast a countless number of times. Step Blast was my first Cathe workout back in 2003 when they were sold separately on VHS, not together like they are now on DVD. I love Step Blast! It's still one of my favorite workouts. In comparison to Imax2, it's not as intense, but still a tough workout especially when you get to the challenge at the end. If you like step, you'll really enjoy Step Blast. Last year, I re-purchased on DVD the workouts that I had on VHS, so that's when I got SJP, but I still haven't done it but once or twice.

Step Blast is different than IMAX2 but similiar to Low Impact Challenge except for the blast part. Step Blast, you learn three or four combos after the warmup. Then, you get warned about the Blast. The Blast is doing all combos together with explosive moves in between each all the combos put together 3 times like air-jacks,etc. The workout does move fast.
Step, Jump & Pump is fun! Step routine in the beginning to get warmed up then a short combo set after then you do hi/low aerobics on the floor. Even though this one sounds easier, it may not be. The blasts within the floor aerobics change it up.
Really, I would preview Step Blast before attempting it. S,J&P-only the step portion.
IMO, you are in for a treat. Let me know how you like it.

Love the music in SJP. I rarely do the whole thing, I use if for cardio and just do the step/hi-lo mix. Step Blast is one of my favorite step DVD's. Definitely a good set to have.

also one of my favorite step dvds - actually just did it the other day! fun, high energy step. step, jump, pump is definitely not as hard as imax3 but a good one to have in the mix.

Peaceful Rainbow said:
Love the music in SJP. I rarely do the whole thing, I use if for cardio and just do the step/hi-lo mix. Step Blast is one of my favorite step DVD's. Definitely a good set to have.

This DVD has great premixes. You can turn both SJP and SB into circuit weight workouts with 2 premixes. You can also do an all step circuit workout with weights that combines the step portions of BOTH SJP and SB into one really long premix. I have also just done the weights from this DVD in order to fit in a shorter total body weight workout after a run. The step workout from SJP is just hard enough for me to be fun and work me hard. You know, when you just get so into doing the combos that you forget about the time. I really love that it has so many premixes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.