Step Jump Pump -- so fun!

PennStater

Cathlete
I bought this DVD at the Road Trip. Did it last night for the first time. I was not expecting all the hi/lo aerobics!

I thought this was a very different Cathe video. Can't wait to try Step Blast.

I was told that the premix options on this DVD are killer, too. Any recommendations / favorites?

I have a question for you about step, jump and pump. I am considering ordering the whole body blast series. I have legs and glutes and LOVE the music. What did you think about the choreography in SJP? I don't do well with difficult choreography. However, a couple of weeks ago I did Low Max and Imax 2 and could handle the choreography in those. Sorry, I am not helping you with your question!

Actually, the choreography on this one is very easy. I remember thinking last night, "I only had to rewind once!" The step segment is the beginning of the workout, then you alternate between hi/lo aerobics and weights.

From a footwork perspective, I thought it was less complicated than Low Max. I don't have Imax 2, so can't compare. From an intensity perspective, I still burned almost 600 calories last night. Woo hoo!!

I just got the dvd and its soooooooooo mucho fun!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! I love legs and gluts and KPC (that has become one of my absolute favorites and the premixes are fantastic on that one) I am getting ready to try the 90mins premix tonight, so I will post and let you know tomorrow -

SB gave me an AWESOME workout last night using an 8inch step! I was drenched!!

It's nice to see others think SJP is a great workout. It has been one of my favorites, and my first Cathe tape. Now I have the whole series. I love this one the most.

Can you premix the DVD so that you get all the hi/lo together? If so, how long is the hi/lo, once it's premixed together?

Hi, Allison!
Yes, you can do the hi lo together and it is almost 20 minutes. Over 19 anyway. 25 minutes of step, 20 minutes of weights, and 20 minutes of hi low w/ weights and hi lo alternating every 5 minutes. GREAT premixes on this one. I love circuit work and there are lots of choices to mix step with weights and the weights sections are pretty challenging on this one. Lots of low ends. I LOVE this dvd!
You made a great choice!

Another fun cardio premix that clocks in at about one hour is the Cardio Circuit Premix: You do the WU from SB then go into step combo #1, then SJP Hi/Lo #1,then step combo #2 from SB, then HI/LO #2 from SJP, then step combo #3 from SB, then Hi/Lo combo's #'s 3 & 4 from SJP ending with the stretch from SJP.
Angela:7

Hi, Amy!

Thanks for the premix recommendations, ladies. Sounds like this one was a great investment :)

RWattier, how did the 90 minute premix go for you last night?

I agree pretty much with what everyone else is saying. I love SJP and SB. The whole BB series is fabulous. I like to do just the hi/lo portions sometimes, just the weights sometimes, the 90 minute premix - there are just so many options with this DVD. It is a wise investment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.