Step Company Step Bench

Stepqueen

Hi,

I recently ordered the Step Co. step online (the new gray step with black risers). Is it my imagination, or is this step longer than the one Cathe uses in her tapes??? This step just seems EXTRA long; like, it's a struggle to do the long ways back and forth moves. (I forget what they're called!!) This step definitely makes the workout more intense. When I stand on the step in the middle and watch the Cathe tape, it seems like I have more room on the sides than Cathe does. Does anyone know the answer to this??? Thanks!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-04-02 AT 11:30PM (Est)[/font][p]It should be the same step. Does make things more intense, doesn't it? :)

Brenda

****Please disregard this. I was thinking this was the original Step, just in the new colors that are now available. I think the below posters are correct. Sorry.****

Actually I think the bench is longer than the one Cathe uses for stepping. Are you talking about the one she uses in Slow and Heavy and Power Hour? She doesn't use this for stepping, as it is made to be used as a bench for lifting. It is longer so you can lay on it to do lying strength moves.
Maybe this isn't the step you're referring to, but if it is, I would consider not using it for your step workouts. I asked Cathe about it when she first posted pictures, and I'm pretty sure she said it was for weight work only.
Wendy

Right!

Agreeing with Wendy~Cathe DID remark that it was for weight work and NOT stepping, although if I am not mistaken, the site that advertizes them, does so for step??? If you decide to use it for stepping, I'd just say be EXTRA careful.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Right!

I use the Super Step for stepping with the base only (5.5") and it's just fine. However, I agree that I would not use it for stepping when the risers are on it, in part because of how they sit -- it would be too easy to kick the step up from underneath -- and also because with just one set of risers it would be 10.5" high, which is way too high for most of us. It's a great weight bench though!

RE: Right!

Karen Voight uses the new step (without risers) for the cardio portions of her recent circuit workout.

They DO make the regular aerobic step in black platform (instead of teal) and gray (instead of pink) risers. I think that's what you are reffering about. I would think they are the same size as the teal/pink ones, just different color. I think it's around 44" long.

Haslina

Yes, I was talking about the regular aerobic step. It's just a different color. It seems really long though. I'm almost willing to bet it's a little longer than the step Cathe uses in her videos. (Her regular step videos, such as Rhythmic Step, Step Jam, etc.) I'm going to measure it. It's almost impossible to do the "over and overs"!!!

When I decided to replace my step a few months ago (it was the teal one with purple risers) the new one the Step Company sent me was the black bench with gray risers. It's the same length as the teal one and the same length that Cathe uses for her workouts. If you're used to working on a shorter bench this one can seem a bit long but you will get used to it in no time.

I've used it

I used the new black and gray aerobic step at Fact Fest a couple of weeks ago. It's exactly the same as the teal and pink except for the color. I kind of like it in the more somber colors, BTW. :)

RE: I've used it

Yes,

I like the dark step better, too! The other one is just too bright, and kind of gaudy looking, I think!! ... I hope you're right about me getting used to it. Right now it seems really difficult, but you're right; I've been using the shorter step for over 10 years, so I guess the long one will take a little getting used to...

Thanks for the input, everyone!

me too!

it is so funny that you posted this... i just got my gray & black step last week and was thinking the same thing when i did my first workout with it. it seemed soooo long to me! i thought maybe it seemed that way to me b/c i'm only 5'3", but i think cathe's pretty petite too? i'm sure i'll get used to it in time...

i liked the gray & black much better than the "girly" colors too, ha ha. :)

me too!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-09-02 AT 08:41AM (Est)[/font][p]sorry, double post...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.