Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

Squeeze may need a warning label

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SandraC, Oct 19, 2007.

1. SandraC Cathlete

I did the Full Body Squeeze workout on Monday. I used 3lb. dumbells, btw. On Tuesday, I was a little sore, but figured it would work itself out. So I did a 30 min. run. I was still sore, so I did a Stretch Max segment and went on with my day taking a pain reliever. As the day went on it got worse. By nightime I was hurting in my triceps, my obliques and my glutes. It was as though I had the flu! And I have never, ever had sore obliques before. Bear in mind, prior to this I had been doing S&H, Pure Strength and Gym Style workouts.

By the next morning, Wed., I was okay, so I did Custom Squeeze with Standing Stretch thrown in. And today I did Power Squeeze.

I am just hoping when I do the Full Body Squeeze on Monday, I don't end up in agony again. I had no idea! Even when I was doing it, I was thinking that many of the sets should have been longer. Boy, am I glad now that they weren't.:eek:

Other than being a little scared of FB Squeeze, I really like this dvd. The ab portions are so different and feel really effective, so I would say they are my favorites. I also learned I can almost do a split. Who knew?

So, am I the only one who found new pain with this workout?

Sandra

2. pippa Cathlete

I hurt every time I do Squeeze and, for some stupid reason, I am always surprised! I really like her ab and lower body work.

I remember the first time I did the 'waist' section in the FB Squeeze, I thought for sure it was too easy. The next morning I woke up and felt like someone had punched me in both my sides. It was such a short section that it actually took me a few minutes to remember what I could have done to cause the oblique DOMS.

I usually do a pre-mix that someone over on VF came up with and my butt, legs and abs are burning every time. It must work because I am starting to get some very nice compliments from close friends. :)

3. jodijodi Cathlete

>I remember the first time I did the 'waist' section in the FB
    >Squeeze, I thought for sure it was too easy. The next morning
    >I woke up and felt like someone had punched me in both my
    >sides. It was such a short section that it actually took me a
    >few minutes to remember what I could have done to cause the
    >oblique DOMS.

Yep, me too! I did the FB squeeze with 2 and 3 pound weights, I thought the waist was too easy, and I was sore for 2 days afterwards.

4. lainiefig Cathlete

>I hurt every time I do Squeeze and, for some stupid reason, I
    >am always surprised! I really like her ab and lower body work.
    I have the same experience. I need to use the lower body work more often because I haven't been able to do a lot of lower body work lately with an ankle injury, but I found I could do most of the stuff on squeeze. She has some great floor work--that stuff with your feet on the wall was killer.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html [​IMG]

5. tneah Cathlete

Love the Squeeze! Every single time my triceps kill the day afterwards, in fact on the boat all I had were soup cans to use, and my tri's still felt it the next day!}( My booty gets sore, and I love the custom squeeze exercises, the abs on that one are my fave. I am currently doing this workout (full body) at least twice a week. Oh, and that arm section gets me too.

6. RunninTeach Cathlete

I don't do the u/b work in Squeeze, but I do agree, the lower body work and abs, in particular, will getcha good!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
    "Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

7. turbokicknyc Member

Tell me more about these Squeeze workouts. Where do i get them?

8. lainiefig Cathlete

9. lesliew Cathlete

OMG! Every time I do Squeeze I can't walk the next day. I know these workouts are great for my pear-shaped lower body, but the dread factor on these is so high (because of the DOMS) that I rarely do them!

10. mtnmom99 Cathlete

11. angie_nrs Cathlete

You all are hard on one's credit card!!!:p

Angie