.*.*.*. squeaky clean tuesday .*.*.*.

Good Morning to you, Mrs. Katie!:D

Julia woke me up early to nurse and I know I've got a busy day ahead of me..... sooooo... I did HSC at the crack of dawn!!!! Well, before the crack actually!:p I skipped core but I'll do it later - too tired right now!:eek:

Getting the girls from Inlaws this morning and I have some major payroll issues to settle today.
Make today a great one!!!!

Morning girls,

I've been spending the morning figuring out how to make the insanity meal plans work for me and Ryan (specifically in France :rolleyes:) and this afternoon plan to head to the grocery store to pick some things up. He needs about 3000 calories which makes five 600 calorie meals per day. That's a lot of food! :eek: I really want to support him in this and do it together so I know I'll be doing a lot of his meal prep (especially for work since 3 meals of his day will be there!).

We don't really have anything in the house right now so I had kashi cin harvest for lunch. Will have a babybel cheese and a peach as well.

So, hoping to do the fit test tonight but might not be able to fit it in. We'll see. If not, it will be tomorrow AM for sure.

Good morning Katie! I saw that you're going to continue on with your 1/2 training. What's new with the injury?

Kate, sorry about payroll issues today! ^^^^^^5 getting in HSC this AM. Are you doing circuits this month?

OK, gotta get more planning and list making done. BBL!

Angie, sigh....what I would give to be told to eat that much food!:p
That lunch sounds fantastic!!!:D Cereal & fruit is my favorite!
Ive been doing circuits on Tuesdays. This is my last week of FF's Get Ready for Summer 09 rotation. I've really liked it. I think I'm going to do Body Blast rotation starting Sunday. And I thnk STS again after that. Too many workouts, not enough time!!:D

Morning Angie! I know alllll about meal planning for the DH:rolleyes: He would just eat cheeseburgers and Oreos if I let him! Good luck with the fit test!

^5 on the early AM workout Kate! Have a productive day! When are you starting STS again?

I did 3 ssssllllllooooooooooowww miles this morning, but I did it. Can't wait til I can run again!

Good Morning ! :)

I did Kimberly Spreen kickbox bootcamp today and added on step combo #1 from Cardio Pump Step . I've decided it's time to learn that one. It looks fun but I've had it forever and was intimidated by it and just put it away. Time to take it out, dust it off and get busy !!!;)

Angie, and Amber, nice to see you on FB !
Angie, I looked at your pictures this morning and honestly! COULD your family be more photogenic ?? I mean, 2 little girls and every picture looks like it's shot for a magazine !!
You look very happy and have a beautiful family .

Amber, I love your pictures ! Especially with Cathe and on the roadtrip !

I just realized I am getting people mixed up. I wrote something about Nina and then realized we aren't friends yet......Katie, I saw YOUR pictures with your little guy and they are adorable !!
You look so fit ....in really great shape !!

Okay, I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Kate, I LOVE FF's rotations. I've done her Getting Ready for Summer ones and they are some of my all time favorite rotations. They really seem to get results.

Time to eat my protein pancake. Today it's covered with greek yogurt & blueberries !

Have a great morning !
Becky

Last edited:
Morning

Seven more days and it's back to school. Need to do some shoe/sneaker shopping today.

Kate I haven't done that w/o in ages. Good luck with payroll.

Angie how is the meal plans. Are they balance, low carb? I saw the intesnity infomercial y-day and it looks very interesting.

Katie good workout.

Becky I luv Kim Spreen and I really want her new yoga and core w/o.

gotta read y-day posts

BRB

good morning everyone! sorry to be so out of it lately. things will settle in next week once boys are at school. got up early this am and had an awesome 11 mile run and did gs c and t (yes, it was a very early morning). off to meet the teachers with the kids this morning.

becky, i am on fb too - nina morris - 2 cute little boys in my pics. your break sounds so good.

kate, great am wo! you rock!

angie, wow, that ois a lot of food and meal planning. you are too good to dh.

katie, yeah for the 3 miles. how does it feel?

okay, i will catch up and bbl!

morning robin - we posted at the same time. i have not done my back to school shopping even thoughthey are starting. no time yet!

Nina hey girl. I know what you mean, I always feel rushed in August to get everything done. Then I realize in Sept...I have months to get everything I need. Really they only need bookbags paper and pens. What wrong with last year's cloths? Great run!

For those of your (angie and colleen) who are losing their Insanity...;)
Is the DVDs chaptered? Like can you do 1/2 of a workout on one day and then FF to the second half on the next day? I was wondering if I could do the instanity and sTs strenth together as a rotation??? Or would that be too much????

Off to eat breakfast....egg whites french toast.

Nina, I requested you as a friend........

Robin, I want KS's new core too !! Undecided yet on the yoga but maybe that one too ! They looks GOOD !!

Morning Becky! Thanks for the sweet compliments about my family. I love my little girls. They bring such great amounts of joy! Great WO this AM.

Morning Robin! I haven't checked to see if they are chaptered - I know a lot of people are doing strength work alongside (usually one body part a day or using 4DS). I am planning to do it as is for at least a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Nina, great WO as usual. Hope things go well at the school!

So, I feel like I've been doing this meal planning thing all afternoon (with quite a few kid interruptions, crafts, reading, etc) but I only have 3 days done for Ryan. It's taking forever! :)

Gotta get to the store today...

Katie, Good job on the mileage! When is your MRI again???

Becky, I wish I like greek yogurt - can't get past the smell!
Great job on your WO! I have SO MANY I need to practice up on!
I'm on FB too - Katy Tenniswood.

Robin, You're not counting down til school starts or anything are you?!:p;)
Have fun shopping otday!
Yummy breakfast! FT is one of my faves!

Nina, I bet you were up even earlier than I was!:eek:
I'm half-looking forward to/half-dreading the schoolyear.

Angie, Good luck w/ meal-planning-max!:p

-
My little least-infected Babe peed all over the floor this mornign!:p Gave her a nice bath, she's napping now - better go get MY shower!

Crazy meeting Tuesday here in my neck of the woods. Oh, well, it makes the day go fast, right?

Becky, I sent you a friend request on FB.

Kate, when do you get the girls back? Do they have fun at grandma and grandpa's?

Robin, are you looking forward to the kids going back to school? It's nice to have a routine, isn't it?

Angie, I would love meal planning like that! But, I'm a planner at heart.

Nina, great work out, of course. I don't know how you fit it all in, but way to go!

Katie, cheeseburgers and oreos? Yeah, that sounds like a good breakfast to me! :p

Hi to Steph, Patti, Lisa, and Klaudia. Who did I miss today?

So, I did actually work out yesterday. I did Tom Holland's Total Body Workout. Have any of you heard of him? It's so old it's on VHS, but it's a circuit workout that gets everything done in under 45 minutes. You do 30 second blasts of cardio (jog in place, jumping jacks, whatever you want) followed by strength training. There were 3 sets of 12 of bicep curls, overhead shoulder presses, one arm rows, tricep kickbacks, front raises, and side raises. Plus squats and lunges galore. Just bodyweight, but still. You also do crunches and 4 or 5 sets of 10 pushups. So, it hits everything pretty well. It felt good to get sweaty again. I'm going to aim to work out 5 times this week, but honestly, I'll be happy with 3. I just need to get back into the groove.

Okay, off to get some work done!

anne

anne, great wo! thats awesome! and w/ all youre goig thru the fact that you even get out of bed impresses me!

finishing nursing, then pick up dds (who have had tons of fun). then off to take ju to the dr. her poor infection really isnt better - it looks awful. then we'll go out to lunch i suppose - grilled chicken salad for me!

Good morning peeps!

Its another hot day in the Toronto! We are having a heat wave its insane, i'm just glad the garbage strike fininshed before the heat wave, it would have really been stinky!!!

Kate, HSC first thing in the morning..good for you, my Lord! You have a busy day, every time you mention Julia and her peeing, i literally laugh out loud i spit my coffee across the desk :)

Angie, 3000 calories sadly can add up. High energy high protein foods, like yogurts/nuts are good. We don't have greek yogurt in Canada, but Balkan yogurt can net at least 300 cals per 1/2 cup, and nuts, about 900 cal's a cup...maybe add those in

Katie, Good for you, any pain from the run? I find the minute i can't do something, i want to do it more!!

Becky, Kimberly Spreen is great, i love BC, she's quite likeable too, don't you find?

Robin, Your breakfast sounds so yummy :) I hope you're having a bit of maple syrup with that.

Hi Nina!

Anne, how old is the workout? I've never heard of him, but it sounds like he was ahead of his time!

Today, i did P90x shoulders and arms at 4am, then i'll do some lower body and CS after i teach. I don't have AC, so my house is ridiculously hot, but i'm sweating like a beast!

Have a great day!
steph

I'm so mad at my boss right now I don't know what to do. I asked to take three weeks off work--which is a lot, I know, but still. I wanted two weeks to move and one week for my birthday. A little background: I *love* my birthday and always take at least the week of it off. And I like to go away for it. This year is all jacked up, of course, but I think I'm going to visit friends in Portland, OR.

Anyway, I wanted to take the weeks of 9/21 and 9/28 to move, then take the week of 10/5 for my bday. My bday is on 10/5 and I'm turning 40 this year.

But my boss said no. I sent him a message justifying why I thought he should agree to this and in it I said if he said no I could either take 2 1/2 weeks off from 9/23-10/12 or I would take the week of 9/21, work the week of 9/28 and take the week of 10/5. He said I could do that. I asked if I could have the 2 1/2 weeks and he said no.

Now, in fairness, I am part of a very small team (4 people) that provides support to about 400 libraries around the state. Having me gone that long would be a burden to my colleagues. But they're fine with it. They're very understanding of my situation. But my boss says this is one of those tough decisions where he has to do what's best for the organization. Whatev. And now I have to go into a meeting with him. Blech.

anne

Hi Everyone!

Crazy morning here - we had reorg meetings and I was very surprised I got a nice promotion. Too bad I won't get any $$$ with it. This mornint's workout was Plyo Cardio Circuit. This is the one with ski abs and it always gets me.

Robin, Insanity has 4 workouts that you repeat for each phase. 3 intense workouts and 1 recovery. I think you could do 3 workouts a week and then strength in between. The DVD's are chaptered but there is not a chapter menu.
Nina, great workout today!
Anne, sorry that you can't have all that time off. Hopefully you can work something out.
Kate, sorry J is still infected. I hope it clears up soon.
Katie, you are very brave to try running. Hopefully you stretched your hip really well.
Becky, I have never tried Kimberly Spreen. I don't remember why I haven't tried it.
Steph, I have AC but I am still sweating like crazy when I workout. Unfortunately I can't get rid of all the humidity.
Angie, I don't think I have tried any of the insanity menus yet. I have been just trying to eat clean because it is really hard for me to squeeze in 5 meals unless I have shakes and bars. Good luck with your fit test.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.