Spot opened up! Now I'm nervous

jennifur

Cathlete
Just got notification that a spot opened up!!! I was so excited during sign ups and so disappointed when I didn't get in. Now I'm having second thoughts.

Somebody please give me a pep talk!! I'm nervous because -
1-I've never done a RT before.
2- I'd be attending alone.
3-I'm worried that I might not be able to keep up due to recent knee issues.

On the other hand, I've been a Cathe fan since the very beginning. I have just about every thing she's ever done. I can attribute my years of fitness and motivation to her. So why am I suddenly hesitant???:confused:

It's a great group of people, it's a fabulous weekend, and when you need a break, just take one.

There are several first time trippers going, and those of us who have been on a few roadtrips remember that nervous feeling very well. And I bet people will recognize you from the forums, so you'll know people right off the bat. :)

Thanks for the reply Melissa. So after all my procrastination, I called Nancy back and find that they are not in on Sat. I hope I still have the spot. I received the email yesterday at 12:59 and it said I had 24 hours to respond. I left a message with someone who assured me that someone would get back to me and that it should be ok.

Jennifer, you're going to do fine. :D The FB group is great for getting to know everyone and will hopefully help ease some of the nervousness. What you're feeling is normal and we've all been there. Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks. :)

Last year was my first year. I met a few prior to going so I already knew of some when I got there. End of the weekend I had met more and still meeting them in FB. This year I'm going by myself. I have a room mate whom I haven't officially met yet and lots of others to meet in person. You'll be fine :) everyone is so nice and will invite you to sit with them at meals and invite you to an open spot in the aerobics room.

2010 was my first. I came alone....I had a blast and have been every year since.

Believe me...the gals who attend are very open and friendly! You have nothing to worry about. Seek me out, seek any one out....I am so looking forward to seeing my RT buddies and meeting new ones and I'm betting everyone else feels the same!!! :p

Jennifur-What they all said!

Cathelete's are sooo friendly! You will fit right in and NEXT year you'll be welcoming newbies!

Can't wait to meet you!

I went by myself in 2011 and had fun. Unfortunately, I stopped going because I did not feel welcome among many of the Cathletes, who tend to stick together, thus making me feel like I was being "ignored." Not to sound negative, but that is what my experience was. I don't think it was necessarily intentional, but, that is how I felt and it made me very sad. My opinion, the road trip is fun to do at least once, but I decided my trip last year, my third trip, was my last. Have fun (if you decided to go).

Last edited:
I went by myself in 2011 and had fun. Unfortunately, I stopped going because I did not feel welcome among many of the Cathletes, who tend to stick together, thus making me feel like I was being "ignored." Not to sound negative, but that is what my experience was. I don't think it was necessarily intentional, but, that is how I felt and it made me very sad. My opinion, the road trip is fun to do at least once, but I decided my trip last year, my third trip, was my last. Have fun (if you decided to go).

I'm sorry you felt that way, it is a clique-ish bunch, that's not always a bad thing. I wouldn't go because they (some) wouldn't just ignore me, some of them would want to beat me up, or it just seems that way. Not taking the chance.

No biggie, I still really enjoy Cathe's workouts. They were/are a big part of getting my fitness back. Some things (people) are just that way.

Just got notification that a spot opened up!!! I was so excited during sign ups and so disappointed when I didn't get in. Now I'm having second thoughts.

Somebody please give me a pep talk!! I'm nervous because -
1-I've never done a RT before.
2- I'd be attending alone.
3-I'm worried that I might not be able to keep up due to recent knee issues.

On the other hand, I've been a Cathe fan since the very beginning. I have just about every thing she's ever done. I can attribute my years of fitness and motivation to her. So why am I suddenly hesitant???:confused:

I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to be nervous about, have fun!

I'm sorry you felt that way, it is a clique-ish bunch, that's not always a bad thing. I wouldn't go because they (some) wouldn't just ignore me, some of them would want to beat me up, or it just seems that way. Not taking the chance.

No biggie, I still really enjoy Cathe's workouts. They were/are a big part of getting my fitness back. Some things (people) are just that way.

VERY clique-ish. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. Felt too much like high school and I hated high school: at 32, I'm too old for such foolishness. But, beat up?? Are you serious?

I went by myself in 2010 and 2011, in 2010 I knew no one but of course in 2011 there were many I had met the year before. in 2012 and this past weekend I went with a friend who didn't know anyone but me the first time she went.
I am sorry you feel that way, I never felt that way. I understand that many of these women have a personal face-to-face relationship from many previous road trips....I go out of my way to be friendly to others and include them, but also to create my OWN face-to-face relationships with the RTers for future trips.
I find that when I make an effort, it has always been reciprocated by everyone.
I have never found it highschoolish but then I graduated from high school in 1970 and I am so far beyond caring about that. I truly believe you get out of it what you put into it.

I think people tend to hang with people they are comfortable with or already know. I know that is true for me. I am actually an introvert until I get to know you and then watch out!!! I do think having the RT forum on FB helped work out some of the kinks of that. I met many more this year than ever.

The other thing is that there is so much going on at all times. My it's like my brain is on crack or something and I have ADD. So one sec I am talking to someone and the next I am doing something else. Also for me I have hearing difficulties and in large settings that makes it even harder. So if someone spoke to me and I didn't answer. I wasn't ignoring you- I probably didn't hear or comprehend.

There are so many things that may factor into this. So I hope that this would never keep someone from stepping outta their comfort zone to go to a RT. It's the best weekend ever!!

I was the original poster of this thread. I must say i did not find it cliquish at all. I had a great time and met many wonderful people. Sure there were many people that already knew each other as there were a large number of repeat RT'rs. It was their chance to catch up on already established friendships. I never at any time felt like anyone was unfriendly or unwelcoming. I probably could've put myself out there a little more but I had so much fun just watching the goings on. Barbara- I believe you used a Cathe quote up there-" you get out of it what you put into it" Now who can remember what workout that is from;)?

I'm glad you decided to go Jennifer (despite the negative remarks of some people). It really is a unique experience and I've made some wonderful friends from the road trips. I don't think I met you this time but I hope to see you again on a future road trip.:)

I'm glad you decided to go Jennifer (despite the negative remarks of some people). It really is a unique experience and I've made some wonderful friends from the road trips. I don't think I met you this time but I hope to see you again on a future road trip.:)

My comments were negative because I spoke the truth? I was treated horribly by several Cathletes and I even received two private messages from Cathletes who experienced the same thing. Are you saying we didn't experience this? Goes to show how some Cathletes label you negative simply because they experienced something different.

Last edited:
My comments were negative because I spoke the truth? I was treated horribly by several Cathletes and I even received two private messages from Cathletes who experienced the same thing. Are you saying we didn't experience this? Goes to show how some Cathletes label you negative simply because they experienced something different.
No, I felt your comments were negative because you seemed to lump all Cathletes together as clique-ish. Not all are that way. I'm not discounting your experience or even saying you were wrong. Besides, I was referring more to the other poster who is afraid of being beat up if she went on a road trip. If someone said that to me I might reconsider going on a road trip if I had never been on one.

I have to correct myself Jennifer. Someone brought to my attention that I did meet you on Friday. We walked back from Uno's to the Residence Inn together. :)

I'm really glad that you came, Jennifur and Jacque! It was so great to meet you both, even though I'm sure we all wish we had another at least another week together to get to know each other better! It was my first trip, too and I absolutely loved it! <3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.