Speaking of strength gains........

shoegoddess

Cathlete
How has the strength gains from STS translated into everyday life for you? I work retail grocery in the meat dept. and I have a side dept I stock. I do a lot of heavy lifting. I did M1 for 4 weeks and doing M2 for 8 weeks. I start the second round of M2 week 2 tomorrow. I've noticed a definite increase in strength when lifting boxes at work. So much easier and all the deadlift work has really helped with protecting my lower back. I'm getting great comments from friends and coworkers too I'm really loving STS!!!

Good for you! :)

I'm still in Meso 1, so I can't crow too much about strength gains. I am seeing an increase in poundage, which makes me happy, but I haven't noticed any significant changes in every day life.

Two interesting moments though:

1) Yesterday, an employee at the grocery store where I shop told me I lost weight. I haven't really ~ 2 pounds ~ but something must be going on with my body composition. :eek:

2) I was chatting with a casual friend of mine about gardening, and she mentioned getting her exercise by carrying heavy bags of topsoil. I said, "Oh yeah, I always volunteer to take the 40 lb. bags from the van to the backyard ~ it's like a mini-Crossfit workout." She looked at me strange and then replied, "No, these were 20 lb. bags."...long pause..."I don't think I could lift a 40 lb. bag."

Lori,
good for you too!!!! I lift up to 50 pounds at work (sometimes more) and before STS I had to use more leverage then lifting to accomplish it. Now I'm able to lift much easier. I too am getting comments about losing weight but I've only lost 3 pounds.
I'm liking M2 better then M1. It feels more like traditional weight lifting to me and that's what I love about it.

I have a very hard job. I am a commercial floor installer. I work with my dh and even though he does the real heay lifting I still try to do as much as I can. I have noticed a real difference since I started sts. I am going in to m2 w2 and am feeling really strong. I am loving this program and all of the benefits that come with it. I can not wait for sts cardio and all the endurance I plan on building with that.

Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.