Speaking of LaraBars....

ADK46er

Cathlete
I have tried and tried again to like LaraBars but I simply cannot enjoy them. Are there any other recommendations?

Have you tried different flavors? I love the cherry pie, but don't really like the banana ones.

What kind of recommendations are you looking for?

I have tried Apple Pie, Cashew Cookie, and Pecan Pie. Perhaps these are not the best flavors? My store seems to only have a few flavors at any given time which have yet to include some of the more intriguing flavors. I just wondered if there was a fairly healthy alternative.

i used to like lara bars but the jocolate chocolate bars are tastier. more moist, i think. they are also organic. i didn't like the jocolate orange or mint however.

i like making my own bars in my dehydrator too. that way, i know exactly what's going into them.

No...no....no LaRaBars! Seriously, I have also tried every flavor under the sun and no luck. I will have to try Annie's....which I think makes the whole wheat mac and cheese shells that I occasionally buy on "I've had a really crappy day and don't feel like cooking and want a little comfort food" days.

>I have tried Apple Pie, Cashew Cookie, and Pecan Pie.

These are not my favorites (except for the Pecan Pie). There are a couple of chocolate combos that are good.

same here... I have a lot of them and I can't stand them anymore.. I also think that they start to get funny after a while. There is a weird taste or something..

My new favorite bars are the Clif Nectar bars. Similar to the Lara Bars they have only a few ingredients, but wow, they are tasty!:9 I highly recommend the Dark Chocolate Walnut and the Cinnamon Pecan flavors. I have found these bars at Whole Foods, Harris Teeter, Wegman's and Trader Joe's. Here is a link for more info . . . .

http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=nectar

I second this. Clif Nectar Bars rock. The only bars I eat are raw food bars with no grains or added sugars, so I love the Nectar Bar. Actually, though, I like only the chocolate flavor. It reminds me of a lightly sweetened brownie. The other three flavors, I can live without.
Manmohini

>I second this. Clif Nectar Bars rock. The only bars I eat
>are raw food bars with no grains or added sugars, so I love
>the Nectar Bar. Actually, though, I like only the chocolate
>flavor. It reminds me of a lightly sweetened brownie. The
>other three flavors, I can live without.
>Manmohini

Clif Nectar Bars may taste good, but they are definitely not raw....they are made with roasted nuts.

I love LaraBars. I haven't found a flavor that I dislike. And, I love that they only have about 4 or 5 ingredients.

Joanne

I love the Kashi TLC bars... only 7 grams of sugar, they also have 7 gr of protein: They come in cruncy and chewy... here are the ingredients of the almond one

Ingredients:
Kashi® Seven Whole Grains and Sesame™ Blend (Whole: Oats, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Rye, Barley, Triticale, Long Grain Brown Rice, Buckwheat, Sesame Seeds), Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Natural Roasted Almond Butter, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Chicory Root Fiber, Soy Protein Isolate, Almonds, Honey, Rice Starch, Wheat Germ, Evaporated Salt, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Sodium Bicarbonate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.