Sorry.. another Power 90X question

Hello,

I have been playing around with P 90X and do not like the yoga or stretching DVD's. Yoga is not for me at all, i find it so boring. Has anyone else done a subsitute for those 2 DVD's? Like a light cardio or something.. will that destroy all the work from lifting. ALSO..i have a lat pull down machine at home.. can that be used instead of pull ups as i cannot do that many properly. It seems to work the same muscles. I can do so many more lat pull downs and can do the close grip/wide grip etc just as well. I feel that maybe that will help me to build up to doing more pull ups?? Does this sound right or ok?

If anyone can help that would be so great... thank you.

Brigitte

Hello,

I have been playing around with P 90X and do not like the yoga or stretching DVD's. Yoga is not for me at all, i find it so boring. Has anyone else done a subsitute for those 2 DVD's? Like a light cardio or something.. will that destroy all the work from lifting. ALSO..i have a lat pull down machine at home.. can that be used instead of pull ups as i cannot do that many properly. It seems to work the same muscles. I can do so many more lat pull downs and can do the close grip/wide grip etc just as well. I feel that maybe that will help me to build up to doing more pull ups?? Does this sound right or ok?

If anyone can help that would be so great... thank you.

Brigitte

Brigette,

I always detested yoga as dull until I forced myself to do the P90x routine - now it's one of my favorite workouts! But I won't try to convert you :) Before I started doing the yoga I just did extra cardio, usually a moderate walk on the treadmill or something.

HTH! Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

Brigette,

I always detested yoga as dull until I forced myself to do the P90x routine - now it's one of my favorite workouts! But I won't try to convert you :) Before I started doing the yoga I just did extra cardio, usually a moderate walk on the treadmill or something.

HTH! Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

Brigitte-
I'm no yoga girl either (any instructor) I am just subbing in a very light cardio (no step) w/ a long stretch. IE: A Kathy Smith Cardio and any stretch. I do like his 1 hour StretchX tho as I felt it left no body part unworked.... It did my body alot of good.
I'm just using band over door for pull up subs so I cant help on your other part of question. I'm in week 3 and have no complaints about my results thus far by doing whats stated above.
Good Luck:)

Brigitte-
I'm no yoga girl either (any instructor) I am just subbing in a very light cardio (no step) w/ a long stretch. IE: A Kathy Smith Cardio and any stretch. I do like his 1 hour StretchX tho as I felt it left no body part unworked.... It did my body alot of good.
I'm just using band over door for pull up subs so I cant help on your other part of question. I'm in week 3 and have no complaints about my results thus far by doing whats stated above.
Good Luck:)

> Yoga is not for me at all, i find it so
>boring. Has anyone else done a subsitute for those 2 DVD's?
>Like a light cardio or something.. will that destroy all the
>work from lifting.

ALSO..i have a lat pull down machine at
>home.. can that be used instead of pull ups as i cannot do
>that many properly. It seems to work the same muscles. I can
>do so many more lat pull downs and can do the close grip/wide
>grip etc just as well. I feel that maybe that will help me to
>build up to doing more pull ups?? Does this sound right or
>ok?
>
>If anyone can help that would be so great... thank you.
>
>Brigitte

OH BRIGITTE BRIGITTE BRIGITTE! Bite the bullet, buy P90X. YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE YogaX!!! Tony makes the workout completely enjoyable.

I have a lat pull down thingy too. I never thought to try to increase my weight & do that instead of trying to do pullups. Thanks for the suggestion--even though I know that wasn't your intent. GO HEAVY & it might do the trick.

> Yoga is not for me at all, i find it so
>boring. Has anyone else done a subsitute for those 2 DVD's?
>Like a light cardio or something.. will that destroy all the
>work from lifting.

ALSO..i have a lat pull down machine at
>home.. can that be used instead of pull ups as i cannot do
>that many properly. It seems to work the same muscles. I can
>do so many more lat pull downs and can do the close grip/wide
>grip etc just as well. I feel that maybe that will help me to
>build up to doing more pull ups?? Does this sound right or
>ok?
>
>If anyone can help that would be so great... thank you.
>
>Brigitte

OH BRIGITTE BRIGITTE BRIGITTE! Bite the bullet, buy P90X. YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE YogaX!!! Tony makes the workout completely enjoyable.

I have a lat pull down thingy too. I never thought to try to increase my weight & do that instead of trying to do pullups. Thanks for the suggestion--even though I know that wasn't your intent. GO HEAVY & it might do the trick.

Hi,

Try to do at least the first 45 minutes. The vinyasas help increase chest and upper body strength and will improve your performance doing pushups. If you notice the yoga X is before legs and back, which both were probably strategically placed to give additional upper body work.

Tracy

Hi,

Try to do at least the first 45 minutes. The vinyasas help increase chest and upper body strength and will improve your performance doing pushups. If you notice the yoga X is before legs and back, which both were probably strategically placed to give additional upper body work.

Tracy

I used my lat pulldown bar from my Bowflex for the first few weeks of back work because I was weak in that area. Now I use a door gym with a chair assist. I can squeeze out 1-2 chin ups with no assist now.

I also have tried yoga in the past and never liked it. It always felt painful and plus I'm not flexible. I always felt like it was too slow. With that said, I was determined to follow the P90X plan and also conquer yoga. I am so glad I did. I feel like it's the hardest thing I've ever done and I am getting so much better with it. I can tell my body has tightened up and I'm much more flexible. Plus, my heart is beating fast through the whole thing and I sweat. I would really give it another chance.

I used my lat pulldown bar from my Bowflex for the first few weeks of back work because I was weak in that area. Now I use a door gym with a chair assist. I can squeeze out 1-2 chin ups with no assist now.

I also have tried yoga in the past and never liked it. It always felt painful and plus I'm not flexible. I always felt like it was too slow. With that said, I was determined to follow the P90X plan and also conquer yoga. I am so glad I did. I feel like it's the hardest thing I've ever done and I am getting so much better with it. I can tell my body has tightened up and I'm much more flexible. Plus, my heart is beating fast through the whole thing and I sweat. I would really give it another chance.

Hello,

Thank you for all the great advice! Ok ok.. i will try the yoga with an open mind one more time... if it has converted so many i will give it another go. But i like the idea of a light cardio day instead.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Brigitte

Hello,

Thank you for all the great advice! Ok ok.. i will try the yoga with an open mind one more time... if it has converted so many i will give it another go. But i like the idea of a light cardio day instead.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Brigitte

I prefer pilates to straight yoga any day of the week but the best stretching tape w/o yoga I've found is Debbie Siebers Limber it Up from the Slim in 6 series.

Violette

I prefer pilates to straight yoga any day of the week but the best stretching tape w/o yoga I've found is Debbie Siebers Limber it Up from the Slim in 6 series.

Violette

Definetely give it a try. I DETESTED yoga until week 6. Now I love it. I am an official grad now! I'm doing a rotation for 7 weeks before the next rotation and Yoga is definetely in!

I wish cathe did a yoga workout I'd buy it in a minute.

Definetely give it a try. I DETESTED yoga until week 6. Now I love it. I am an official grad now! I'm doing a rotation for 7 weeks before the next rotation and Yoga is definetely in!

I wish cathe did a yoga workout I'd buy it in a minute.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.