Someone please tell me......

wonderwoman

Cathlete
that I am not the only one getting up really early to workout! I have to be at work at 6am so I woke up at 330am made some coffee and then was working out by 345. I did B&G was done by 445.

It is the only time I can do it! With 2 small kiddie's at home it's impossible any other time.
I get home from work at 250pm and from then on I dont stop until 8pm when they are finally in bed! phew.....And by that time I am so wiped out I cant even think straight let alone attempt a cathe workout.

I did this consistently about 3 years ago but stop I really dont know why.....
But I did feel so good this morning while I was driving to work knowing that I'm done for the day! :)

I am right there with you! I got up at 3am yesterday and 3:30 today. I wake up anywhere between 3 and 3:30 am depending on how long the workout I am doing that morning is.

I don't have kids, so I can't share that with you. I do have to leave for work at 5:45 and don't get home until 4:15 (thanks to a 1-hour one-way commute!).

Once I am home, it is hurry up and get things ready for the next day, eat, and go to bed by 7 or 7:30. I am thankful DH gets up and goes to bed early with me. That helps!

I also enjoy the feeling of knowing that my workout is done in the morning and not having to think about doing it all day long. Rather I think, "Man I rocked this morning!". :eek:

I am also sure that there are several others on here that get up before the crack of dawn with us.

You are not alone :D I'm up between 4-4:30am due to the same scenario with work, 2 children, 3 fur children, hubby, etc. Yep, everyone thinks I'm crazy to be up at that hour and to add that I'm working out at that time really makes them think I need to be committed :rolleyes:, but I feel great and I have kept this same schedule (as to morning workouts) for about 7 years now so it's all good. Keep up the good work :D

I get up between 4 and 4:30 and am working out by 5. Need to be out of the house with my son by 7:15. It can be hard to get up but if you are getting enough sleep it's not horrible and it's sooo worth it to just get it done! :)

I also loved the quiet time and no interruptions.

Oh yes! This is essential for me! Quiet time, alone time, mommy time, no distractions...all necessary in order for me to be a happy sane mother/wife. When mommy is happy, everyone is happy! Isn't that what they say? ;):)

I'm up at 4:45 a.m. for morning workouts. I tried the evening thing, but too many evening responsibilities. I like the quiet time in the morning and the opportunity to focus on "me". My day goes so much better when my workout is done before I walk out the door. ;)

I am another one for getting up early. I did try afternoons for a while but I can find too many other things to do when I get home from work. I am up at 3:50 am and start my workout by 4 am. As long as I get a good nights sleep it isn't a problem and as everyone else has said, it feels good to know that it is done.

Cheryl

Thanks Amy!

Well this morning I could not wake up. I was in bed by 800pm but I could not fall asleep just alot of tossing and turning waiting for my oldest to come homefrom work at 930pm. Then my husband comes home from work around 1130pm and then the my 7 month old woke up at midnight. So it just wasnt a good night for me. So I guess I'll will have to work out in the PM :(
I will get up early tomorrow!

I like to exercise in the am as well. I get up at 4:45 then start my workout @5:00. That's the only way I can do it, having 3 little ones & working full time is hard to do it at night.

I like to exercise in the am as well. I get up at 4:45 then start my workout @5:00. That's the only way I can do it, having 3 little ones & working full time is hard to do it at night.

How do you get moving so quickly? I need atleast 30 minutes to sit, wake up and have my coffee before I can even THINK about abusing my body! ;)

I got up about 3:05 a.m. 1 day this week. I work 12 hour shifts so I try to save the longer workouts for my days off. Depending on how I feel I make a rest day on my day off and switch back and forth. I made my rest day yesterday (while I was working) and I slept til 4 am. I try to give myself a break (sleep interruptions-snoring husband) when I am working. I think it is great that you guys are so motivated to get up so early. It makes me feel better thinking about that when people say I am crazy for getting up early. I know it is really hard on you guys with younger children (mine are teenagers) I have got a lot of respect for you guys. We all need ME time. :)

I've been working out by 4:00 AM for a long time now - started when my kids were babies and now they are grown and on their own. I love getting done in the morning and having the rest of the afternoon (after work) for whatever (used to be going to kids games, etc.) but now for me.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to work out. I don't do it often, only if I have a busy morning w/ appointments or errands.

Those of you who do it every day should be very proud of yourselves for having the motivation to get those early workouts in. It's 2PM and I'm already spent. But, to get up early and get it done or sleep in and not exercise....I'll take the early mornings :)

I too get up very early in the morning to do my workouts. I like that my workouts are done and out of the way. My workout time is my "me" time and I don't want the day's activities to interfere with this time.

To all you early risers, I am in awe! I'll think about that next time I don't feel like it at 2:00 p.m. in the cozy afternoon.

I have found that early mornings work best for me too. However, I do get to sleep in until 5:30am! LOL

Yes, I "sleep in" too, until 5:15 or 5:30am!!!!! In this motivated group, we are late to the party:p!!!!! But yes, early mornings work best for me, too!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.