So which should I get Imax 2 or 3?

mlj83081

Cathlete
I simply can not decide! lol....just trying to take a little poll to see what you all come up with :D I'm going to base my decision on that, I'm fine with all the high intensity and high impact...just can't make up my mind :p

I think 2. It's so much fun. The choreography (even in the blasts) is a little harder to get in 3. 2 is really fun!

I'm partial to #3, bc it was my 1st Cathe step workout. But 2 is fun, too. 2 comes w/ CW. I'm not fond of CW as is, but I like the step only premix as a fun, easier step workout. 2 is more fun, 3 is more work, but fun work.

Nan

I prefer #2 myself. 2 has the fun factor, 3 has the tough factor (not that 2 isn't tough, but 3 is a killer).

If you want high intensity and high impact, go for IMAX 3 (my favorite)! The recovery blasts in 3 are shorter than in 2 which makes it really tough and challenging. I like the choreography better in 3 (a little more complex than 2) but doable. If you have Low Max, she does the same reverse mambo off the step in IMAX 3.

Marcy

You're sooo right about the shorter rest periods. Your HR really stays up there. With Imax 2 I often jog in place or fast forward b/c the rest periods (lots of grapvines and side steps) are sort of long (in my opinion at least).

Heather

If you want high intensity and high impact, go for IMAX 3 (my favorite)! The recovery blasts in 3 are shorter than in 2 which makes it really tough and challenging. I like the choreography better in 3 (a little more complex than 2) but doable. If you have Low Max, she does the same reverse mambo off the step in IMAX 3.

Marcy

I vote for Imax 2. I think it's more fun (but still tough). Imax 3 has kind of a dread factor for me. Plus with 2 you get the added bonus of C&W which is also a really fun workout.:) Let us know what you choose.:)

Get both! ITA with what everyone says about Imax 2 and 3. Imax 2 is more fun (brighter set, Cathe is happier, and the music is more upbeat), but Imax 3 is more killer (tougher blasts and shorter recovery periods).

I recommend that you eventually get all three Imaxes so you can rotate them.

You'll hate my response, but I say get'em both. You're gonna probably do it anyway, save yourself some shipping cost and just do it now. Ain't I a stinker?:eek:

And if you need help with justifying it...yea, you probably can't afford both, probably can't afford one, but as I mentioned you will probably get both of them and this way you will end up paying less and SAVING money.

This has been my thought process when it comes to buying Cathe dvds and I am struggling with which ones NOT to get (since I want them all).

As you can tell by the responses, they are both awesome, and different enough that it works to have both.

If you can't get both at this time, I vote I-Max 2. The recovery intervals do go on a bit longer but you can always hit the "next" button on your remote and skip right to the next step cycle; it also has a blast-only premix that you can do.

I personally find Cardio+Weights to be overly moderate for my taste; however, the ab / core routine is one of the best Cathe's ever produced. You won't believe how productive she makes a bare 8 minutes!

A=Jock

(PS: I-Max 3 rocks as well.)

Welll...I can say this you ladies definitely didn't make it easy I know that for sure lol :p I think I'm gonna go with Imax 2....I'm a little worried about the shortened rest periods in 3, as well as the choreography being a little more to get right away. Concerned I'll get burned out and then never use it :rolleyes: So....thank you very much for your help, hopefully I'll love it so much I'll go ahead and get 3 soon anyways!

Welll...I can say this you ladies definitely didn't make it easy I know that for sure lol :p I think I'm gonna go with Imax 2....I'm a little worried about the shortened rest periods in 3, as well as the choreography being a little more to get right away. Concerned I'll get burned out and then never use it :rolleyes: So....thank you very much for your help, hopefully I'll love it so much I'll go ahead and get 3 soon anyways!

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been trying to work out which one to get for about a month now. I have watched the videos on the downloads site a million times. I was leaning towards Imax 3 for some reason but reading all of these threads has pushed me towards 2 for the same reasons above. I don't know if I will survive 3 yet!

Oh, yeah, Imax 2 for the fun factor! Oh, and the C&W abs section is killer!!:p Imax 3 has a dread factor for me, too, but when I'm done, I have a nice buzz and a feeling of accomplishment!!

I downloaded Imax 2 today and just finished it about five minutes ago. One word... WOW!

I can see how tomorrow morning is going to play out for me right now. I am going to roll over in bed go 'uh-ohhhh' then attempt to get up and right about then my body is going to start screaming 'what did you do to me woman!'

It was so fun though I have to admit and it was great having a workout where I could master the steps quite quickly and with so much change going on with a new combo every few minutes. All of the jumping on the floor was a bit hard on my ankles but I am sure that will get easier.

I had two laugh out loud moments too which was fun. One where Cathe did a little dance and the other when she said to suck in the air because it's free. She should do more of that. It's fun and makes it seem less formal when she jokes around. I have never seen a little dance before. It's energizing.

I enjoy them both and even though Imax 3 is my favorite, Imax 2 may be a better choice b/c this was back when Cathe gave you two workouts on one DVD, making premix options absolutely fantastic! The Intensity series is just stellar in production, music selection, voice to music ratio, premix options, etc. This series and all the options is what set Cathe WAY above the rest in my opinion. I hope she goes back to this trend for future series instead of one short workout with no premix options. I don't even mind shorter workouts (as I find them so beneficial) but there would be so many more premix options if she had combined the MMA workouts on one DVD as well as the step workouts and given us the premix options I've come to expect and love from her productions.
Anyway, you can't go wrong with either Imax 2 or Imax 3 and I'd even recommend getting both if you can afford it!

I so agree about the premixes. They are one of the reasons that set her workouts apart from others out there. It really makes the $ seem all the more reasonable, too. And I can just keep reaching for her workouts and know that they will be fresh because I mix each dvd up with premixes. I have gotten so she is just about the only instructor I will work out with on a dvd - I do like Shaun T, but Cathe is by far the best!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.