So ... what's on YOUR 2010 agenda?

All of your goals are so inspiring.

Mine are to finish what I start.
Be mindful not to waste...time, space, an opportunity.
Fitnesswise is just to stay-the-course. I'm right on track!:D
NEVER say, "not right now" to a hug.
Choose to play more then clean up.

Happy 2010! And Yes, this is going to be a great year!:cool::D

WOW!!! For some reason I didn't get notice of these replies - so glad I checked the boards after this unending day.

I am so HONORED to be a Cathlete and "know" all of you amazing ladies. Sending all of "us" great vibes for 2010 as we start to rock our goals. Liann and Kaite -- ohhhh, healthy baby and conception / pregnancy wishes for you ladies. I've got chills reading all of these great commitments. Gayle - you KNOW how proud I am of you on an unending basis and I LOVE your PIF idea - may have to steal that one to use here as well.

Happy New Year ladies. MWAH!

Lorrie, you are AWESOME and your post has had be thinking all day...

There is just one thing on my agenda for 2010: to continue to feel as content with my life as I do right now.

Corny??, probably, but over the past few months I've come to realize that right where I am is right where I want to be.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Michelle (Miss Lee), do you live in Cinci? I do and plan on doing the Flying Pig half marathon this year (if I don't have to work that weekend). Maybe just the 10K...I haven't quite decided yet.

Becky

I'm hoping to lower my golf handicap in 2010. It didn't budge at all this year.

I'm going to focus on more clean eating. I slacked up on it and my body composition changed a bit, though the scales really didn't change much.

Spend more time with my DH out in the woods this summer, cruising the logging roads with our dogs on the Rhino.

Savor more moments.

Wow! What a year, Lorrie! Congratulations on so many amazing accomplishments!

I'm totally with Melissa & Gayle, too. :) I want to live each day in the moment and be fully present in my life-- and enjoy each & every second!!!

Other than that, I'm expecting twins this spring-- so I'm hoping for a safe & healthy delivery for my two little ones in April!!! ... And hopefully a quick recovery and return to fitness for myself in the months to follow.

Best wishes to all Cathletes for a WONDERFUL 2010!!!!!!! :D

Wow! What a year, Lorrie! Congratulations on so many amazing accomplishments!

I'm totally with Melissa & Gayle, too. :) I want to live each day in the moment and be fully present in my life-- and enjoy each & every second!!!

Other than that, I'm expecting twins this spring-- so I'm hoping for a safe & healthy delivery for my two little ones in April!!! ... And hopefully a quick recovery and return to fitness for myself in the months to follow.

Best wishes to all Cathletes for a WONDERFUL 2010!!!!!!! :D

Hey, Brighton....we'll both be doing a 'half marathon' in April....I'll be logging the miles and you'll be logging 2 cute little newborns! :)

Wow - Awesome!

Congrats on all your accomplishments for 2009!!! That is so great!

This is agreat thread by the way!

So here are my goals for 2010:

Continue to train for my figure show.
Compete in first figure show and maybe some other shows
SAVE MONEY!!!! Grrr!!!
Stick to budget!!! Grr!!!
Start planning out big changes for 2011
Have a mostly stressless year

That is about it. 2009 was a rough one for me so I think I will keep 2010 light and just relax and try to have a smooth year without getting worked up about stuff.

Happy New Year to eveyone and all the best wishes to you in 2010!

Great thread Lori!
We have some great goals set for ourselves. Good luck to all of you as you accomplish all you set out to do.

My goals for this year:
Graduate with my mater's degree in exercise physiology-in May finally!:D
Get my eating under control.:confused:
Get out of isolation and socialize more.:eek:

Maybe- work with my trainer and train for a figure competition.

Everyone have a healthy and happy new year!!
chrissy

Fitness goals:
After getting the competition bug this year, I want to continue to expand my walking competitions: starting earlier in the year (my only competition in 2008 was a July 4 walk, and this past year, I started competing with that same walk and continued with 1-2 a month through November 1), doing 1-2 a month, beating my own PR, upping my training average speed to 5.1 mph on a regular basis, and maybe--a big maybe---trying a 10K or 1/2 marathon.

I also want to get back to being more consistent in working out (this last year, apart from my walking, I slacked on weight training).

Non-fitness goals:
I want to reduce the amount of stuff I have (this seems to be a continuing goal of mine).

Come up with other short-term, medium-term (?) and long-term goals. I've never been much of a goal setter, more just letting things happen when they happen, but I think it's a good idea to have some kind of goals.

In 2010, I plan to eat cleaner and get my financial house in order.

I have done a good job in working out more consistently, I just need to clean up my diet to reach my weight loss goal. After my mother had some health issues this year, I realize the importance of having an emergency cushion so that I can take of my loved ones if necessary.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.