So ... what's on YOUR 2010 agenda?

L Sass

Cathlete
Any major - or minor - goals? Resolutions? Things you've always wanted to try, found something holding you back, and are now ready to really commit to? I'll start.

2009 was very big for me. I trained for and did my first figure competition, coached my largest junior drill team to 3 first place trophies, ran for and won my first political election, and watched my DH argue in front of the US Supreme Court. It was amazing.

So I'll be sworn into office this Thursday. My drill team for next year is even bigger at 63 little girls. I want to actually be competitive in one more figure comp. But more than anything, my goal for 2010 is to be a solid government leader and somehow incorporate aspects of fitness into leadership. I'm going to try to start with a get healthy friendly competition amongst our gov't departments - police, fire, parks, roads, etc. Have to figure out the details yet, but that's my number one goal aside from the normalcy of life in 2010. Happy almost 2010 fellow Cathletes.

Wow, 2009 was a good year for you. Congrats.

My agenda for 2010 is to get back to working out. Due to PF in both feet, I haven't really been able to workout this year. But, now that I've gotten a cortisone shot in both feet, I'm hoping that will change very soon. Oh, and to lose the weight that I've gained this year. :confused:

Congrats on a great year Lorie! That is awesome, consider yourself an inspiration.:D

My big goals for the next calendar year are as follows:
Professionally:
1. Improve job skills
2. Build up a fabulous portfolio consisting of 3 video pieces. (I'm a videographer and have major ideas and a minor budget.)
3. Network like crazy, attend 3 functions per month.

Physically/Fitness
1. Lose 50 pounds of body fat,
2. Finish the C25k and then train for a 10k
3. Stick to my eating plan and activity schedule until I achieve my fitness goals

other:
Keep up my musical instruments
Keep the house clean (the dust bunnies are everywhere!)

Overall, behave like a grown up and embrace the idea that I can have abundance.

Last edited:
Lorrie, you had an incredible year! Congrats on winning your first political office! :)

This year I want (need?) to:
- Finish my degree (only 7 more classes, hoping to finish my coursework in October!)
- Get my eating in check and get back on the weight loss bandwagon
- Pay off my husband's truck!

MC

Ditto what JennieR said! Same exact story here except for me it's my knees that have sidelined me throughout this year. Getting cortisone shots next week and hope to start working out again. I haven't been on this forum in ages either so I have lots of catching up to do.

Lorrie - you are sure a go-getter! Awesome achievements!:)

Last edited:
Wow Lorrie! I'm exhausted just reading about your year! Way to go! :)

My main goal this year is just to have a healthy baby in June. That's really all I am going to be focused on for the next 6 months. The second goal will be to get back in shape after having the baby. That's about it for me at the moment. ;)

Last edited:
Lorrie, sounds like 2009 was good to you!!! Congrats on all of your accomplishments!

Liann, all our wishes are with you and your baby!! Let us know how everything goes :D

My goals for 2010 are:
  • cut out late-night eating
  • get more sleep
  • don't freak out if I miss a workout
  • don't take everything so personally
  • take the GMAT exam in March & start my MBA in Sept

Wow, Lorrie, what a year!!!

Lessee,

Stop using the evil credit card. I do good, then its $20 here and $40 there, that crap adds up fast, and I know better, then I end up feeling bad/guilty.

Sign up and run the Warrior Dash in June 2010. Gonna sign up tomorrow when I get paid

Run regulary (see above) I got into it this year, and ran my 1st 5k, but then had a nasty case of PF. Seems to be gone now, but now the ground is snowy and I don't want to *splat* on my nose. Going to run every day possible this winter, and kick it into high gear this spring. My neighborhood isn't the greatest at shovelling the walks.

Keep on the straight and narrow food path. Got a little side tracked following cookie crumb trails between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but things seem to be back on track now.

Look for a job closer to home. I've been driving at least 30 miles one way (if not more) for at least 10 years now. Would it be too much to ask to work in the town I live in?

Make more money (see above) I'd like to get back to where I was 1 1/2 yrs ago before I quit my previous job. We still live comfortably, but I wouldn't mind having that extra 15k a year back

Become more patient

Finally hit the 100 lbs lost mark. I've been stuck at 90, and would love to hit the magic 100 lbs lost mark.

Complete the 100 pushup challenge. I'm 4 weeks in, so this should be the 1st goal I meet.

I'm not big into resolutions, but this is my to do list :)

Nan

Lorrie, in 2010 I'd like to be you......

Seriously, what a fabulous year you had, and deserve it all from all your hard work.

In 2010:
I aim to out perform expectations in my new role at work
Refinish my dungeon into a serious workout emporium, I'm sick of competing for the kettlebells with the spiders
Manage my time between work, family and social better to get more out of everything.
Get my daughter and I into more shared activities. Swimming and Martial arts are on the list.

I'd like to train for a triathelon. My brother competed in his first last year at 56. If he can do it, well, heck, I can.

Happy New Year to all the Cathletes.

I LOVE this thread, Lorrie! You rock for starting it, and I love reading everybody's responses and goals.

My 2009 was good for myself and the kids. A few months ago, I had an inner transformation and came to terms with being single...TOTALLY single as in not dating ANYbody for a stretch of time; that I'm DOING IT on my OWN. I became OK with that and THAT made my insides all tingly. That might sound odd or 'simple', but this was a HUGE step for me from the last 5 years.

In 2010, my goals include this:
  • I'm shooting for a PR at my April 2010 Half Marathon and want to beat my current PR of 1:51:and change.
  • I've started doing PIFs with my kids (Pay-it-Forward), teaching and encouraging them to SECRETLY and RANDOMLY do kind things for others without needing the recognition of it. I want to continue that in 2010 and take it to the next level and 'sponsor' a needy family from our church. (this is in the works now, as I've already contact our church)
  • I am going to try to secure a FT job at our school as an Aide or ParaProfessional. I've been working PT there in order to work around my kids' schedules, but now have that 'feeling' that it's time to go FT. So when we return from break, I'll be chatting with the Principal. This will be the first time working FT since DH passed, so this is a BIG step for me.
  • What you WON'T see on my list of resolutions is a weight-loss goal, because I don't need it! Instead, my fitness/food goal is to continue to keep control on my binge eating thru journalling and talking it out with friends (this has helped TREMENDOUSLY), and working on BALANCE instead of EXTREMES!
  • Most importantly, about 3 months ago, I started to get a sense that SOMETHING BIG was around the corner for me...and I wasn't sure if it dealt with my personal life, career, fitness, etc. I feel 2010 has big things in store....POSITIVE big things. Have you ever had that FEELING?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!

Last edited:
I LOVE this thread, Lorrie! You rock for starting it, and I love reading everybody's responses and goals.

My 2009 was good for myself and the kids. A few months ago, I had an inner transformation and came to terms with being single...TOTALLY single as in not dating ANYbody for a stretch of time; that I'm DOING IT on my OWN. I became OK with that and THAT made my insides all tingly. That might sound odd or 'simple', but this was a HUGE step for me from the last 5 years.

In 2010, my goals include this:
  • What you WON'T see on my list of resolutions is a weight-loss goal, because I don't need it! Instead, my fitness/food goal is to continue to keep control on my binge eating thru journalling and talking it out with friends (this has helped TREMENDOUSLY), and working on BALANCE instead of EXTREMES!
  • Most importantly, about 3 months ago, I started to get a sense that SOMETHING BIG was around the corner for me...and I wasn't sure if it dealt with my personal life, career, fitness, etc. I feel 2010 has big things in store....POSITIVE big things. Have you ever had that FEELING?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!

Love, love, LOVE that non-weight loss goal idea!!!!! I might have to yoink that from you ;)

I feel the same way about 2010 bringing something positive. I hope your feeling is right!!!! Definitely keep us posted!

2009 was a really tough year and IMO, I've never had a year like it. I'm so glad it's over and I def learned a lot in the past 12 mos that I know will help me grow!

Happy & safe New Year's to everyone!!!!

In 2010, I wanna GET PREGNANT!!

And unfortunately I am in the "lose 5 pounds" club this year. I'm hoping I can do that before getting knocked up ;-)

For 2010 I am getting back to my weight loss routines and life changes to make sure working out and eating right is a priority in my life. I worked hard to lose almost 20# this year because I turned 50 but then went off the diet and stopped exercising and 7# is back.

I want to be fit, I want to look cut, I want to be able to play a good game of tennis and not be huffing and puffing. I want my knee to stop hurting.

So I plan on taking the dog out to the track and walking, going up to Red Top Mtn park and doing some hiking, and even trying out kayaking on the lake. Now that my kids have moved out it's time to work on me. Go me.....

Wow! I am very impressed with every single one of you. I now have a new goal: to set a list of goals for 2010. I'm feeling rather directionless and don't know what I really want anymore.

There are too many posts to do personals, but I just have to say Congratulations to you Lorrie; Liann, I think your goal is absolutely perfect; and Gayle, your achievement is absolutely profound and I am certain there are great things in store for you!

Wow, Lorrie, what a year!!!

Lessee,

Stop using the evil credit card. I do good, then its $20 here and $40 there, that crap adds up fast, and I know better, then I end up feeling bad/guilty.

Si
Nan

That is a GREAT one!! And, so true...Can I use your idea?? ;)

Lori - Not sure why but the other day I was wondering if you ever did the competition, just looked at the pictures . . . wow I want your legs for 2010:)

Liann- How exciting!!! I was actually thinking about you the other day. I know we both have guinea pigs and I was wondering if you knew their life expectancy?

Gayle - It's awesome that you are able to do it on your own:)

I actually thought the new year was silly, but I'm actually glad to be leaving 2009 and able to start fresh with 2010.

Hi Debbie!!! I've heard anywhere from 5 - 9 years for life expectancy on G-pigs. I think 5 - 7 is more normal though. ;)

Lorrie, YOU ROCK!!!!! ;)

I'm planning to do the 5K event at the next Flying Pig Marathon, AND I'm going to make darn SURE I get my vacation!! I haven't thought much beyond that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.