SNM - Have you made a decision yet?

preshus

Will there be premixes on the new DVDs?

Please let us know as soon as you know because I'm sure a lot of people are waiting to pre-order based on your decision.

**fingers crossed that you will have premixes**

They may however not realize that people want to know before preordering. What if they are planning on making this decision at the end, or just sometime after the presale has ended?

RE: SNM - Not Yet

We really won’t make a decision on this until later this summer. Cathe is on vacation right now so we haven’t even discussed this yet. But keep the comments coming as I’m sure she will want to study them when she returns.

So should we wait to preorder, or just order all we want in hopes they will have pre-mixes and cancel the order if the decision doesn't go our way?

Would the best idea be to have two orders- one for each possiblity, and just cancel the one that doesn't work? Because if she doesn't decide till later this summer, we have lost the preorder prices one way or another. And, if I don't make the purchase as a preorder, there's a huge chance that I won't bother ordering at all. Even is I decide they do look good.

If you like Cathe workouts, why would the premix option make a difference as to wether you order or not? If there are no premixes you can just chapter to the part you want. That's what I do. Sometimes I don't even bother with the premixes, I just workout by chapters.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it......

Donna

I would suggest that you not preorder unless you're absolutey sure of your purchase. Since you have doubts, it is best not to preorder.

I don't use the premixes often but I really like the mix-n-match feature on the TimeSaver DVD. I wish the mix-n-match feature would contain all of the sections on the DVD instead of just the specific workout. It's so easy to choose the part of the workout that your want without programing the DVD player. Could this be an option?

Thanks,
Sandi

Good point.

I suppose that means that I shall not be getting any more of Cathe's weight work that involves 3 day splits. Ever, since I won't buy it at the regular prices, even with premixes that they might decide to add later after the presale is over. Given that it would be over $75 for lower quality DVDs than either PS or S&H, there isn't much incentive for people to buy this the GymStyle set, is there?

Bummer though- I'd love them on one disk with lots of possible uses instead of just one possible rotation. Cathe was "the best", but now it seems that she is going much the same way as all the rest. Which is too bad- the market is pretty full these days, and without the flexibility her workouts are known for, they just don't stack up the way they used to.

I pre-ordered already, too. I would like pre-mixes but if I have to I go back to the old 'video style workout'.

I pre-ordered simply because I KNOW that I'll want them all later anyway and the pre-order price is such a good deal.

I think Cathe's workouts are the best even without the premix feature.
The premix is an added bonus to add variety to the workouts but the lack of them doesn't take anything away from the workouts themselves. The low price is also great but if you don't think Cathe's workouts w/o premixes are worth it..then don't buy it. Also there is no such thing as never... you can bet that one day they will be on ebay at a reasonable price.

A question?

>Good point.
>
>I suppose that means that I shall not be getting any more of
>Cathe's weight work that involves 3 day splits. Ever, since I
>won't buy it at the regular prices, even with premixes that
>they might decide to add later after the presale is over.
>Given that it would be over $75 for lower quality DVDs than
>either PS or S&H, there isn't much incentive for people to buy
>this the GymStyle set, is there?
>
>Bummer though- I'd love them on one disk with lots of possible
>uses instead of just one possible rotation. Cathe was "the
>best", but now it seems that she is going much the same way as
>all the rest. Which is too bad- the market is pretty full
>these days, and without the flexibility her workouts are known
>for, they just don't stack up the way they used to.

Hi BLinda
:) , I can see from your disappointment that you might be a picky person (which I take as a plus when choosing workouts) and given you're familiar with Cathe's workouts, you appreciate quality. You sound like you're also experienced with DVD's and home workouts. It's always great to get info on new workouts that I may not be aware of, any chance you might shed light on the direction you might head if you don't have the Cathe option with this new series..especially for strength? I've seen the popular P90X but it's not for me..do you know of anyone else out there offering up good workouts and production values in strength?

I'll always have Cathe in my library but it's great to get tips on others at her level. Thanks!

One response from SNM for putting the Gym Training on separate DVDs was so they could charge more. I am hoping they didn't mean it the way it sounded. At least, Cathe has always been very concerned with what her customers wanted. And then maybe no premixes either. It would be nice to get some definitive information so me and others could decide on whether to get these or invest that money elsewhere. There are so many more workouts available than in the past.

You’re definitely taking what we said out of context and in the wrong way. We merely tried to point out that many consumers only look at the total price of a DVD and not what is on it. The same consumer that will complain about the price of one of our DVDs with three workouts (ie, Pure Strength -$49.99 +s/h) will have absolutely no problems paying $24.99 for individual DVDs (total price - $74.97 + s/h). We’re not looking to make more money by selling the DVDs separately, but to decrease the number of complaints about the layer change point.
As for helping you make up your mind to preorder…. all we can say is if you have any reservations about purchasing the new DVDs then we strongly recommend you not to preorder and to wait until the DVDs are finished. Most people who preorder have done so before and trust Cathe to make a workout they will like, but there are no guarantees. In short, you do save money by preordering, but you also run a greater risk of not liking the workouts since there is no independent feedback or video clips to help you make a decision.

I still don't understand why there is no problem with a layer change in the PS or S&H DVD but you anticipate there could be one if you put all the gym-styles on one DVD. Has technology changed? or is it only a problem if you do pre-mixes?

Regarding what Fannie just said, what if you put the 3 gym style workouts on one DVD with no premixes (but have it chaptered so people can mix & match). Then there wouldn't be a freeze problem, right?

But still put premixes on the other DVDs.

Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

Well- I agree that you have to do what is best. And, if putting them all on separate DVDs works out to a better choice, so be it. But, I just must say- not all people look only at the price of a DVD and not at the content. There are plenty of us here who are saying that we appreciate the content, and don't like DVD with fewer options.

Cathe has made the best DVDs on the market, and she has a solid reputation for that. This will be a big step backwards, and the people who appreciate all the extras will notice. I am saying that I will not buy a 3 day split for $75. You very well may find that more people will than won't, but you may find it runs the other way on weight work. Cardio I agree- it's easier on 1 DVD since tastes are so very different.

Nancy- So far I don't know anyone who is as good as Cathe. Sorry about that. But, if she loses her edge by making the workouts less flexible, I expect that there will be quite a few people who come close. Once the ability is lost to make the workouts fit my time schedule, I will be limited to people who put out what I like just the way it is on the DVD instead of offering options that please a larger variety of people.

>Regarding what Fannie just said, what if you put the 3 gym
>style workouts on one DVD with no premixes (but have it
>chaptered so people can mix & match). Then there wouldn't be
>a freeze problem, right?
>
>But still put premixes on the other DVDs.
>
>Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

It certainly seems like a good compromise. If the three gym-style workouts are on one DVD, and well chaptered, then I think it would be easy to make shorter workouts, etc. Although I don't think this applies to the other workouts, I do think people will have a problem with paying $80.97 for the gym series, after the pre-sale, when they see the prices for the Pure Strength and Slow & Heavy DVDs.

SNM:
Is there a layer change issue with Pure Strength or Slow and Heavy?

Your reply from 7/2 stated "I agree about putting the three gym workouts on 1 DVD would be a good idea and very beneficial to the user, but if we do there would have to be a layer change that would cause a slight 1 to 2 second freeze at some point in the DVD of many players. For years this was never a major problem with consumers, but nowadays many people have become convinced that their disc is defective no matter what we tell them. So, I guess I'm saying from a business standpoint we can put the workouts on separate disc and actually charge more money and have fewer headaches since there are no layer changes. We love technology and being a leader in our industry, but we want our DVDs to be known for the great workouts."

This was a very confusing reply. From things I have read from customers on this and other forums, the problems occured with the Blast series and not with the 3 workout PS & SH or with the 2 workout/premixes of the Intensity Series. If there were issues with these, than why would you have expanded the premixes and added the workout blender when releasing the Blast series. What many of us are saying is that rather than go completely backwards because of the issues with the Blast series, go back to what worked so there is the balance between great workouts and having the flexibility of the premixes that so many customers love and appreciate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.