SNM/Chris?

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Chris (I've always assumed that's you), I see you have an STS ticker. Is this your first round, second,..? How are you liking it?

Yep, it's my second round and I'm really enjoying it. For some historical perspective I started lifting weights when I was very young with the sole purpose of being able to beat up my big brother. Weightlifting quickly became my passion and what I wanted to do every second of the day of my life. Back then you could not keep me out of a weight room - it's all I wanted to do. I had a garage with more weights than most gyms back then and I would often spend my days lifting in our garage or at the University of Virgina's weight room which I had access to because my father was a doctor at UVA.

My passion for weightlifting continued when I went to college at Va Tech and competed as a Power Lifter and was president of the weightlifting club. But after college my desire and love of weightlifting started to die as business became my total focus. Even though I was in the health club business the love of weight training was gone for me. Workouts were something I did reluctantly during this period and thus I was not consistent with them.

STS has been a game changer for me. I actually look forward to my workouts once again and it's been nearly 30 years since I have felt that way. I'm 50 years old now and three workouts a week are perfect for me. The rest breaks every four weeks have also been helpful in letting my body recover and helping me avoid mental fatigue.

Mesocycle #1 was very hard on me as endurance is not my strong point. Meso#2 and #3 are more the type of training that I'm used to. Though the first round of STS nearly killed me it did knock the rust off and in the second round I'm really starting to see and feel some major results. But most importantly I'm enjoying working out again.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. I hear ya on Meso 1. It nearly killed me and I found myself nearly exhausted, not to mention starving on the day after the workout LOL. It's nice that you have found something that you can look forward to again.

I'm so glad to hear STS has rekindled the fire for you. :)

That's pretty much what Cathe's workouts have done for me. Prior to finding her, my fitness routine was void of both direction and passion.

Now I love working out again. :eek: I'm setting goals and meeting them, which is so very exciting.

Chris, a Hokie? Oh no, now I'm going to have to stop supporting your business!

J/K, I'm a James Madison Alum, and my brother went to Virginia. Very cool to know you went to school close by!

Glad to hear that STS has rekindled the flame!

Chris, thanks for sharing. And Cat, thanks for asking...;)

I found your post very inspiring, Chris. So much so that I started STS tonight. I've been kind of floundering around for the past couple of months not sure what I wanted to do or what I should be doing...:eek: I decided to make the commitment after reading your post last night. I even downloaded my ticker to keep me motivated.

I really want to take the opportunity to thank you for everything you do. It's nice to have you come out behind the curtain so-to-speak and share your experience with us.

Chris,

Looks like your post is contagious...I started STS for the second time tonight as well. After 4 weeks of P90X (my annual limit) and a few weeks of makeshift workouts, this was the perfect solution to my boredom.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Steve

Hey Chris - I'm on Disk 17 also! This is only my first time through, though. I was very discouraged during Meso 1, and have to agree so far with Meso 2 that it's more what I was used to. Good to see you!

Clearly my ticker isn't working right...... :-(

What a great story Chris! I saw you at the RT...you need to tell your big brother to lookout! :p STS has done exactly the same thing for me. I was kind of burned out and also floundering around with what to do each week. STS has given my fitness schedule an all-new, fresh experience. It even got my DH hooked who has never stuck to ANY fitness schedule. We are on our THIRD go-round with STS and it still is so fresh and new by the time we start all over. No boredom factor at all. I can't wait to get STSSC to combine with our lifting. Thanks for all you do to make this forum & all the Cathe workouts available to all of us....you guys are the BEST!

Yep, it's my second round and I'm really enjoying it. For some historical perspective I started lifting weights when I was very young with the sole purpose of being able to beat up my big brother. Weightlifting quickly became my passion and what I wanted to do every second of the day of my life. Back then you could not keep me out of a weight room - it's all I wanted to do. I had a garage with more weights than most gyms back then and I would often spend my days lifting in our garage or at the University of Virgina's weight room which I had access to because my father was a doctor at UVA.

My passion for weightlifting continued when I went to college at Va Tech and competed as a Power Lifter and was president of the weightlifting club. But after college my desire and love of weightlifting started to die as business became my total focus. Even though I was in the health club business the love of weight training was gone for me. Workouts were something I did reluctantly during this period and thus I was not consistent with them.

STS has been a game changer for me. I actually look forward to my workouts once again and it's been nearly 30 years since I have felt that way. I'm 50 years old now and three workouts a week are perfect for me. The rest breaks every four weeks have also been helpful in letting my body recover and helping me avoid mental fatigue.

Mesocycle #1 was very hard on me as endurance is not my strong point. Meso#2 and #3 are more the type of training that I'm used to. Though the first round of STS nearly killed me it did knock the rust off and in the second round I'm really starting to see and feel some major results. But most importantly I'm enjoying working out again.

Great story Chris! Thanks for sharing!:) I can't wait until I start my second round of STS (I'm waiting for Shock Cardio and the tower to b e released before I start again).:)

Go Hokies!

What a great story, Chris! My roommate and I were in the weightlifting club at Tech one year .... what a fun memory you just stirred up.

Since I finished the 5 month STS rotation (I did Meso 3 only one month), I've been floundering aimlessly! I've really slacked off big time on exercising, and my eating has become not so clean... I was going to wait until Shock Cardio came out before I started STS again, but Chris, you've inspired me to JUST DO IT!!! So I'm starting an STS 3-month rotation on Monday!!

Thanks again for the inspiration/motivation!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.