SNM - blog request

Would it be possible to put the date of the last blog update on the homepage where you click on the blog? That way we could be alerted to new postings right away. Thanks for considering this. Deb

Another request: the blog is now getting quite long, and it takes longer to load. Any chance of dividing it into pages which would load faster? (I don't dare try to read it from home anymore!)

Not Cathe, but you can get this as an RSS feed, so that when you are online, it's really easy to check if there has been an update and you are directed to that new update, not the entire thing.

>Not Cathe, but you can get this as an RSS feed, so that when you >are online, it's really easy to check if there has been an update >and you are directed to that new update, not the entire thing.

How to you "get this as an RSS feed"? What is RSS? I have no clue how to do this.

There are several RSS readers.

Here is how to do it with google reader.

You will first need to set up an account for google reader. If you use gmail, your gmail id will work as your user id and password for google reader. Otherwise go to the google reader site and sign up. You can find it at: http://www.google.com/reader

Go to Cathe's blog. Scroll to the very bottom of Cathe's blog.

You will see a link called RSS. Click on it.

In the right corner of the web page that comes up, you will see the option to subscribe to Cathe's Behind the Scenes blog from various readers. Pick google (or whichever else you wish to use from the options there). Another web page comes up. On the right hand side you will see a link "Add to Google Reader". Click on it. You are all set.

Everytime you want to check for updates to cathe's website, head to google reader. You will see individual links to old posts so that they are easy to access as well as new, unread posts.

You can subscribe to multiple blogs of fitness instructors from the same google reader account. (As long as the blog has the RSS link like Cathe's blog has.)

Vrinda

thanks Vrinda for your instructions! I chose "yahoo" for my reader and it appears to work! When the blog gets updated, I think it will show up directly on my yahoo page(at least I hope it will).
This is pretty cool :7

thanks again!

Thank you Vrinda.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Thanks for responding, Vrinda, I haven't been back on since i answered. Also, if you have internet explorer version 7, the feed is included and all you have to do on any site that you want updates on, is click the RSS icon, and there you have it!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.