>What about if I alternated a Slim Series workout with Cathe
>CTX. I would like to do something that will give me maximum
>results. I definetly feel *worked* after SS but I just don't
>know if it's enough cardio. I should just stop worrying about
>it and start the rotation already:) By alternating days am I
>compromsing the SS training methods?
>
>There is just so much to learn:)

When I do it, I do the cardio first and then skip the warmup of SS and do a SS immediately following my cardio (and make this one workout. Then instead of the Cool it Off day, I do an hour of cardio. On the 1 1/2 hour SS (Tear it Up and Shape It Up), I don't add cardio that day. I have never done a rotation where I alternated cardio and SS on separate days. I am not really sure if the SS training methods would still really be effective that way, or not. But I have heard other people that have had good results doing that. I just haven't tried it :+

Linda

>What about if I alternated a Slim Series workout with Cathe
>CTX. I would like to do something that will give me maximum
>results. I definetly feel *worked* after SS but I just don't
>know if it's enough cardio. I should just stop worrying about
>it and start the rotation already:) By alternating days am I
>compromsing the SS training methods?
>
>There is just so much to learn:)

When I do it, I do the cardio first and then skip the warmup of SS and do a SS immediately following my cardio (and make this one workout. Then instead of the Cool it Off day, I do an hour of cardio. On the 1 1/2 hour SS (Tear it Up and Shape It Up), I don't add cardio that day. I have never done a rotation where I alternated cardio and SS on separate days. I am not really sure if the SS training methods would still really be effective that way, or not. But I have heard other people that have had good results doing that. I just haven't tried it :+

Linda

I had terrific results from the Slim Series. I added 3 days of HITT to the Slim training rotation. I lost alot of inches and broke though a plateau I'd been in for 2 years!

I had terrific results from the Slim Series. I added 3 days of HITT to the Slim training rotation. I lost alot of inches and broke though a plateau I'd been in for 2 years!

Did those of you who got good results with Slim Series find that there was enough chest work?

I only did one week of the rotation so I don't remember much of it, but I think I remember feeling like I needed to add on chest work.

Erica

Did those of you who got good results with Slim Series find that there was enough chest work?

I only did one week of the rotation so I don't remember much of it, but I think I remember feeling like I needed to add on chest work.

Erica

Hi,
After reading the posts here I am now considering getting SS. Can someone briefly describe the six workouts that come with SS and how they are diffrent from Cathe's workouts?

Hi Cathy, The main difference in these workouts is that you train all your muscles 5 days a week. Read the Slim Training below link and it describes it well.
Your are slightly overtraining. This is what give you the definition and not size. If you want to add size to your muscles, this is not the way.

Here is a link to the VF forum that gives some details of the workouts

http://69.93.245.62/forum/search.php?s=29ff94a1176eb8a456fa3a29b7b3f4b1&searchid=101493

Here is an article about what Slim Training is. It's from the Beachbody website.

http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=49&itemType=NEWSLETTER_ISSUES#fitness

Also here is a brief description of all the workouts, also from the site.

http://www.beachbody.com/shopping/b...6&itemID=68&itemType=GATEWAY&showChanges=true

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks for HIIT link Sunnyside. I am definitely going to add this to my workouts.

So you did SS for 4 weeks along with HIIT 3 times per week and then only did HIIT for the next 4 weeks? Did you add anything else?

Hi Angie,

After I finished the SS rotaion, I did a week of CTX, then some other various Cathes, all with the HITT. My treadmill motor blew out at the 7th week, so I never made to the end.:( I finally got my treadmill fixed today (yeah!) and plan to start all over with the HIIT. It is such a great way to add in some more cardio in such short amounts of time. It's hardly noticable time wise. It just became second nature to add it on 3 times a week. My long cardio workouts never suffered a bit either.

One other thing about the Slim Series, I was still able to lift as heavy as I ever could when I went back to Cathe. I kind of worried about that when I was only lift 5 to 8 lbers for 4 weeks.

I checked 2 of those links, couldn't read the one on HIIT "topic not available".....what I'd like to know and it isn't anywhere on the beachbody site.....how long are the videos? Also, how long are the SI6 videos. I have trouble with motivation if the workout is longer than an hour.

thanks

I really like the idea of alternating SS with either a CTX workout or a Timesaver workout the next day b/c I don't feel like I get enough cardio with SS and I also don't feel like my arms get worked to exhaustion. So, for me alternating these two workouts will help solve that problem, and I don't feel like I'll be overtraining since the CTX/TS's only have 1-2 body parts per workout.

I also have a knee problem so for those of you with knee issues, SS is still doable. I substitute either standing leg extensions, side kicks, standing abductor work, or calf raises for the squats and lunges.

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.