slide & glide disc do you recommend?

fourmommy

Cathlete
So I have the low impact series but have been using a different sliding disc I bought at Wal Mart...they are frustrating and I can not use them that well especially with jumping jacks. What do you guys think of Cathe's discs and do you recommend them? If they come highly recommended I will purchase them. Looked at her shopping page for rating on them but the one rating did not apply to the discs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have them and I love them (except when I love to hate them doing burpees! :mad:)!

I workout on hardwood floor and use the little "socks" that come with them. They pick up cat hair but....if you've got pets.....fur is part of life.

What frustrates you about your walmart set?

I have a set of official Gliding Discs from glidingdisc.com and Cathe's discs are superior by far. I use mine on carpet. Cathe's discs slide much easier. The Gliding Discs have a finely grooved edge on the underside and they do not slide as easily nor as smoothly as Cathe's
I have really "beat" on Cathe's discs and they are still in great working condition.

My only issue with Cathe's are that I also use them on hard wood, and I'm on my second set, probably looking at a third in the near future as the cloth covers wear out. I've "burned" holes right through them.

L Sass said:
My only issue with Cathe's are that I also use them on hard wood, and I'm on my second set, probably looking at a third in the near future as the cloth covers wear out. I've "burned" holes right through them.

I wonder if mop covers could sub. I have a hardwood floor dry mop that has an elastic terry cover... Might last a little longer than the covers that come with even though the shape is different.

Thanks

Thanks...I may go ahead and get them. I have laminate flooring and wondered how quickly I would wear the cover out.

I've been wondering about the disks too. I have some furniture movers but they are cracked on the bottom and I saw the Gold's Gym ones at Walmart a few days ago so I picked them up. When I got them home, it is apparent that someone had tried them and returned and I found out why, they just don't slide well. They are flat on the bottom just like the furniture sliders so I can't figure out why they don't work. I'm was using them on carpet for mountain climbers and they would slide then all of a sudden stop before my leg was fully extended, it's aggravating. I'm going to try them on a different carpet tomorrow but I have a feeling they are going back. The thing I don't like about furniture sliders is the foam on mine is kinda high so I feel it's harder to put my heels down to stop; but they do slide well. I've been working out barefoot, maybe if I used shoes with them that'd help.

Does anyone use the slide & glide disks barefoot? It looked to me like there is a lip around them or partially around so I was wondering if they are comfortable to use without shoes.

I'd try maybe felt squares first to see if those work for you. I remember on the RT I went on before her dics came out we used rags on her fancy floor. I have unfinished wood floors (yes it's awful but a rental) and the felt covers on her discs work fine.

Good luck!

You might want to try putting furniture polish on them first. The ones cathe has I read they too needed get a squirt of furniture polish and helped them side better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.