Should I start Mesocycle One again?

TG007

Cathlete
I have finished Mesocycle One over a month ago. I took quite a long vacation and it's almost 2 months since Mesocycle One.

Should I go back and do Mesocycle One over again or can I move on to Mesocycle Two?

Thanks,
TG

Hmmm, that's a good question. Personally, I would start from the beginning. I believe Cathe mentioned there is a scientific reason why they are all in that order and there is only one week of rest in between each mesocycle. Taking that much time off is a big gap, compared to a week or two.

I think with so much time gone by, you should go back and redo Meso 1. Each phase builds on the next, but that's based on a 1 week rest in between. Even 2 weeks, would probably be ok, but 2 months I think is too long.

I also think you should redo it. The next Mesocycles build on the base you develop in Meso #1. If you haven't built the strength base you may be more prone to injuring yourself.

I would.

I would start over and repeat it. I'm in Mesocycle 3 and will be on vacation in a week. I plan on repeating the the week that I did before vacation and continuing on. (I also did this in Mesocycle 2 -- another vacation).

You've had a long break, so in order to get the most out of the program, I'd repeat Mesocycle 1 and go from there.

Hi TG,

It sounds like you haven't done any lifting since Meso #1. I agree with everyone about starting over with Meso #1. I am in Meso #2 and cannot imagine myself having started it with that long of a break.

I hope whatever you decide to do that it works out for you.

Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.