Should I get Power Hour??

sharid

Cathlete
I am getting ready to order some new workouts (Drill Max, BM2,Imax2/Cardio w/Weights, and Power Hour +). I read a lot of posts about PH and MIS and it sounds like they are good workouts, but on the ultimate guide they are rated at 7.6 and 7.9 for intensity, a little lower than MM and ME which I already have (and love, by the way). My question is, will they still challenge me, or would I be better off with the GS series? I decided to go with full body workouts instead of GS because I have preordered STS and didn't think I needed both.....any advice??

Personally I love PH. It is my favorite full body workout. It constantly challenges me. I enjoy the music and the time flys by, but for me the best thing about it are the pointers Cathe gives inbetween each body part. You have time to adjust your barbell, which is one thing that bugs me with ME, and during that time Cathe is giving form pointers. I don't think PH is compareable to MM. PH is endurance. I am not a huge fan of GS (I know I'm in the minority), I like 4DS, S&H and PS so much better. I recommend you get PH, I don't think you will be sorry. Also MIS on the dvd is a great full body workout also. I'm surprised they both aren't rated higher. MM is my 2nd favorite full body workout, but it is very different from PH.

HTH,
Deanie

Another vote for YES:7. I love this workout! The music is awesome! I just did this workout last week and let me tell you it will definitely give you a nice burn! The shoulder workout is one of my favorites!

Glad to hear your odering it:) You'll love it!

I don't have PH, but will the STS series make a workout like PH or others for that matter, obsolete?

>I don't have PH, but will the STS series make a workout like
>PH or others for that matter, obsolete?

STS is going to be a 3 day split. The work will be much more intense for each muscle group, hence the additional recovery time needed. PH, MM, MIS, ME etc are total body workouts usually done in one session, 2x/wk. STS and the total body workouts are different styles of wt training so no, STS won't make the others "obsolete." Also, as Cathe talks about, variety is key for muscular/cardiovascular improvement as well as avoiding injuries, so you wouldn't want to do STS as is, year round for max. fitness. You'd change things up in some way, like 90 days of STS, 30 days of TB 2x/wk, a 4 day split or circuits 3x/wk (or some other variation of your choosing), then perhaps back to STS. HTH.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I love Power Hour, I look forward to doing this workout each time. I also have Muscle Endurance and they are different as stated above.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.