Sexy Moms & their Babes Week of June 6th

Living in Seattle is AWESOME! It's not that gloomy, and it's not overcast everyday. The locals just say that to keep the tourists away ;) I lived in the Northwest for 4 years; would go back in a heartbeat!

But that said, sorry it's so gloomy at your place, Melanie. I know you're so glad DH is home today. I bet he'd like to hear how you really appreciate all he does at night, now that you did 2 of the nights by yourself. Sometimes I get so annoyed with DH, but then when he's gone, I realize how much harder it is by myself and think, "Hmmm, I guess he helps more than I thought." Poor guy -- I am so mean LOL

Christine, sick DHs are just bears, aren't they?

BBL with more...gotta work out while Drew sleeps.

Allison, you live in Seattle? I thought you were in PA? I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend you! My DH has a health issue with the sun. He had a viral infection in his eye several years ago & it left him almost blind in that eye. The virus, for some reason is agravated by the sun....so the weather is perfect for his health. I'm just a whiner! :p

Spoke to pharmacist in town today. He agreed to let me work a couple shifts in July. :D As suspected, he was concerned b/c I filled my ATivan prescription there a couple weeks ago when I had my anxiety attack. You just can't get away with anything in a small town. :p

Tball starts tonight! Justin is so excited!!!

Yay for the extra hours, Melanie!! That's wonderful! I wasn't offended at all by the Seattle comment :) Now I live in Philadelphia; I lived in WA when I was in high school (many many moons ago...).

Jen, Drew started teething a while ago. He cut his first 2 teeth in early March, before his 5 month birthday. We've had no teething activity since, until now. He was fussy then too. I guess he doesn't have much of a pain threshold ;) Poor kid!

Only got halfway into Leaner Legs before he woke up, so hopefully I can finish when he goes down again. He's a bit crabby today -- bah! I figure I better stick with weights until my toe feels better, so might do sts meso 1 again too.

Melanie- That is great about the extra hours! I know how just a little extra cash flow can help! T-ball should be fun! I can't wait to do those things with James!

Allison- I hope you get to finish your workout...its frustrating to get interrupted but we do what we can. I'm thinking of starting Meso 1 again too. At least until I figure out what is going on with my back.

I called and got a dr's appt today and was able to get in for him to give me a prescription for deep tissue massage for my back. YAY! I pretty much went in and told him what I needed instead of him listening to my symptoms and telling me what to do. :D He also told me to get a thumb sprint for my wrist. Don't know if I told you about that but its been bothering me since James was born. I think its tendonitis. So I bought a splint to wear and I have an appt for a massage tomorrow afternoon. Crossing my fingers that all of this helps!

Jen, that's great about the deep muscle tissue rub prescription! I hope it works. I know how frustrating it is to not be able to workout.

Allison, how is Drew today?

DH is home! On time! And guess what? It's raining. LOL I hope it'll stop & clear up in the next couple hours. I really really really need to go on that five mile run to train up for the ten miler.

Melanie- Just run in the rain! It will make you feel like a kid again! I love that you and DH have been together and strong for so long and with a great story about how you met! I might never be able to think about applesauce in a G rated manner again. The shelves look great. I am so glad that you got a great feeling from athletic step. I have not tried that one yet, but it has gotten great reviews. I did Circuit Blast last week and liked it a lot and it was only 44 minutes. Great to hear that the girls are thriving. Yay for cereal! Do you give them vitamins? I give JOhn extra vitamin D, the doctor told me that the amount needed is much more than he gets from formula. And with DH home, he m,ust have missed the kids so will be happy about helping at night. And hooray for the extra shifts. Wow, that is a small town. How odd that the ativan was a red light? Glad that it worked out. That is wonderful. Keep it up, you really are sounding happy and it is great.
Allison- The flu that went around here started with grouchiness and fatigue and fever. The kids were ANIMALS and so was i for like a week before getting full blown sick. Then they got better not me. Hope it is teeth! I am so envious of motrin! JOhn cannot have it and I fear I will end up drunk and sniffing glue if I cannot give him anythign for two years of teething! Agh! I have that same bag of chocolate chips from COstco. Mmmmm. I got AF today and am craving mac and cheese and cupcakes with chocolate chips! I think we will bake! How are you liking the hair, any better?
Jen- So glad that you got to the doctor. You will be close to recovery. I kind of had a lot of nagging little injuries when I followed the insanity rotation, it helps my old bones to mix it up. I love the pictures of James on FB. I really swear that the more I learn, I wonder if you are my sister. Met our DHs so similar! How did it go figuring things out at work with the whole embezzling thing?
Lisa- The cookies sound so good. I want to make them. I laughed when I read your posts. Isn't it funny that there are days when we have time to type and actually have stuff to type and nobody is there? I start feeling like I smell or have spinach in my teeth when I look and there are no posts. How long till you go away? How fun. I swear that it is great to miss the kids for a night. I miss that we used to go away for a night for our anniversary every year. I am not sure that I will be comfortable doing that with John's condition. Maybe we will go somewhere local one of these days. How is work? How are your feet or was it ankles?
Oh and I get ingrown toenails too. I know you are not supposed to, but I aggressively cut away around the areea. For me, I get weird skin that grows under the nail at the edge and stuff, and if I cut it away it helps. But do not sit there and suffer. Go to a podiatrist. A little lidocaine to numb it and they will get it out. I kind of throw up in my mouth a little bit when messing with my gross feet. One day I will post a picture and you might all want to de-friend me. They look like homeless people feet. Jimmy begs me not to take off my socks. Tee hee. SO I totally do and he gets so mad.
Priscilla- Hope that MIL is still amazing. I like mine, but we have a rule. Only allow company to stay for the length of time that fish stays fresh in the fridge. 2-3 days, after that they make me grind my teeth a bit.
Okay, kids screaming. John sucks at sleeping and has napped amybe 30 minutes all day. I wonder if you coudl send me a virtual ativan! Ha ha!
Oh and DH was driving me insane on day 2 of being home sick (remember I have been so sick for 3 weeks, and got no sympathy or help from him). I made him shower and go to work and see the doctor. I had to get him out of here. He just moans and lies there. So he has a bacterial infection. Glad I made him leave and go to the doctor. I feel a little bad for him but not much.
Okay, BBL. Hope I caught up! I am sorry if I forgot to mention things!
Waves!

Christine, it is COLD and raining. It must be in the 40s. Ewww. I don't mind if it rains when I run, but it has to be warm. I'm such a wuss! Sorry to hear DH is sick, but I'm glad everyone else is feeling better! Ibuprofen is my drug of choice for aches/pains....but I rarely use it with my kiddos. When I was at pediatric hematology appt I saw lots of magazines/journals on hemophilia....I thought of you. Do you subscribe to any? What are you baking?

Precila, I forgot to congrats you on weight loss! It took me 6 mos to lose weight with DS#1. I took my time & it naturally went away. Of course, I was only 20 years old at the time. :p I miss your posts, but totally understand about work!

Lisa, I wouldn't be able to dig a hangnail out from my big toe, just my baby toe. It hurts until I pull it out, then about 5 minutes afterwards. I'm used to it. My feet are ugly from running & standing on my feet at work.

I've been eating Lactation Chocolate Banana Walnut Muffins all week. With the girls nursing so much I want to keep my milk up. I do give multivitamins. There's no Vitamin D in breastmilk (Christine, I also take a Vitamin D supplement). Ms. Myranda gets multi-vitamin with Fl as well as Ferrous Sulfate drops.

Hmmmmmm. Might be another DVD day. Maybe kickboxing? I hope it stops raining so Justin has T-ball.

Christine, are your feet REALLY that ugly? I highly doubt it! Thanks for your advice re: the ingrown toenail (I don't want poor Lisa to be judged for ugly feet -- this is my problem, not hers ;) LOL). I haven't had time to soak it today; may do some trimming when I do it tonight.

It's after 8 -- still no time to finish my workout. Curses. Ella refused to nap; Drew didn't take an afternoon nap. DH is not home yet because my stepkids all had last minute crap that he's accommodating tonight (the first night of our weekend). I'm losing my mind. Can't get my dinner cooked because Drew won't go to bed. So had leftover chili, and will make the chicken cacciatore tonight so I can have it tomorrow for lunch.

Had a great eating day today -- even allowed myself one small brownie as a treat :) I know my eating is my problem, so I've decided to just take it one day at a time instead of thinking about the long-term goal. It feels nice to feel in control.

Christine, glad you got DH out of the house. How are you feeling today -- human again?

Melanie, how was tball tonight? Hope it stopped raining so they could have practice tonight

Jen, color me jealous about your prescribed massage! Woo hoo!!

Allison, dinnertime sucks at our house. The girls are really fussy b/w 5-8 everynight. Now that they eat solids, we're trying to feed the the twins AND cook the family dinner. The boys are also crabby at this time, and inevitably don't like what we've made for dinner. We work feverishly to feed the girls & get some sort of dinner on the table. We then spend the next 90 minutes or so trying to get the kitchen cleaned up before bedtime routines begin.

I did 1/2 AMy Bento kickbox DVD while Madalynn stared at me from her walker. She only had about 40 minutes worth of patience. I worked up a little sweat & it was fun...I really like Bento

No T ball tonight. It continues to rain (since about 1 pm).

Melanie, that sounds absolutely exhausting. Ella still won't eat most of what I cook, which is so frustrating (as you know too well). I'm hoping Drew will be a better eater, so that he'll just eat what he's served! Congrats on getting half a workout in :) I gave up on mine, but the chicken is simmering right now. Smells awesome!

Anyone hear from Susan? Just wondering how the move went and how she's settling into her new routine.

I think Susan's big move was today? She's had a little activity on fb. We miss you, Susan!!!

I work next two days....so my activity will be spotty.

I'll be here with you Allison!!!

I tried doing Cathe's MMA boxing last night and gave up about 20 minutes into it. I just wasn't feeling it.....I wasn't even sweating. BAH! I did some stretching and then rolled around on a tennis ball. I think I loosened up some tightness in my back and hips. I am really looking forward to this massage today and hope I find relief. If not, I think I will get drunk.... :D

I hate feet so I'm sorry, but I cannot join that conversation with you gals. I think they are gross and disgusting. I would be a garbage man before I would work on people's feet.

Allison- YES, they are that bad. Even I get grossed out by my feet! Blech! They were so much prettier when I was fat!
Off to the ER. JOhn is having a spontaneos bleed in his left elbow. BBL, but it might be spotty for me today.

I'm sorry you have to head to the hospital Christine!! I'll be thinking of you and John. Keep us posted!

I have my massage in two hours! Yippeee! BBL!

BBL - just wanted to let you know john is going to be okay. rough day. he was having a severe spontaneous bleed into his left elbow. Bummer. That will be his "triger" joint for bleeds./ Maybe he will skip crawling. Boo. Took two infusions but he can move his arm again. Now i know why he has been so miserable. Have to go for more infusion tomorrow and monday.
Have a great massage, Jen! I want you to feel better!!!!

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! My massage was heaven! Can I go every week? It was like a gentle chiro visit with an awesome massage! I felt great right after but some nerves and joints are flaring up so I took ibuprofen. I am SOOO keeping my fingers crossed that it helped. He gave me a great compliment too, not in a weird perverty way. We were talking about children and he said "You don't look like you had a baby 7 months ago. You have great abdominal tone and not an ounce of cellulite on you." I politely said thank you and told him that I work hard and dont cut my body any slack, which was the reason I was there. :D

Christine- I'm sorry to hear about the infusions. It must be hard to watch and know that your baby is uncomfortable. Thanks for the update and big hugs!

Morning ladies! J went down at 915p and I was in bed at 930p....he is still sleeping and I woke up early. DH went to work and I am sitting here enjoying my coffee in quiet. What bliss.....AHHHH

Christine- You probably wont be around much today (saw your FB posts) but I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. You are what makes John feel safe, remember that.

I feel great after my massage, just feel sore like I worked out. I really want to do an Insanity but I don't know if I should push it. I might just wait until tomorrow and just relax one more day. I feel like such a slacker but I'm really trying to take care of my body (for once) ;)

Hi Susan! Hope the move hasnt been too tough on you guys! Always thinking of you!

Christine, I'll be thinking about you today. John's in good hands....God knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he made YOU his mommy. You were formed PERFECTLY to meet his needs. You amaze me. (hugs) and love. Let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you. Darn it. Wish I lived closer.

Jen, I'm so glad you got your rub down & you are taking care of your body. It's tough to do....but you have to admit it's easier to do once you've lost all your baby weight. I know I've taken it way down in intensity....where five months ago I would (and did) push myself too far. You know what to do. Listen to that body.

Susan, miss you dearly!

Precila, glad your enjoying time with family. R U still exclusively nursing?

Lisa, packing yet?

Allison, what have you been doing for exercise?

I'll be in Kenosha in less than a week. For now my Dad still hangs on. I'm thinking my visit timing might be perfect? I'd like to be around for my mom when my Dad passes. I'm ready for his suffering to be over. *sigh*

Alrighty, I'm off to work!

hi. i am beat. the infuson was effective but the docs feel it was bad enough that we have to get another infusion today and monday. i hate having to hold him while they get the line into his vein. bah. he is much happier so that is good. completely unrelated, he had a 102 fever last night when i went to feed him at 1am. so i was up all night with him in a cool bath to bring it down. he is seeming better this morning. i am supposed to do my long run today and will leave in a bit once dh gets up to take care of the kids. i think my energy will be low but i am looking forward to letting my mind wander from current affairs!
jen- rest! water! let your body chill for a day or so after a deep massage. pool!
mel- have a great day at work!
bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.