Sexy Moms & their Babes Week of June 6th

Melanie-I hope something comes through at the pharmacy. That would be great if you could pick up your extra hours close to home. Good luck with the kiddos for a couple days. You'll do great because you are awesome at what you do! We vacation at Lake Okoboji, which is in NW IA. I know, most MN people go to the lakes "up North" (though I suppose it's down south to you!), but we've always done Okoboji. It's an awesome spring fed lake. It's really deep though, so it's FREEZING cold!! I should start soaking in ice baths just to get ready for it!

Jen-Hey, i'd use that line too if I could! Nice job getting out of the ticket. How's your body feeling tonight? Maybe you should tell Shaun T. that you'd like to take a break and see other people for awhile??

Christine-how was your day with your friends? I enjoyed your and Jen's love stories! I always like to hear how we met and birth stories :). Can't wait for the mail!

Priscila-congrats on your weight loss!! I love how you snuck in your own workout :). Looking forward to seeing Daniel's pics.

This morning was an Insanity and some abs. I can never remember the workout names because they all sound so similar...or my memory is terrible...which is the most likely reason.

All for now. I'm probably burning Caden's cookies...better check on them.

One kid to bed and one to go...

whew...they weren't burning. Here's the recipe in case anyone is interested. I call them Caden's Cookies...but I eat almost as many as he does :). It's not a traditional cookie, but Caden and I think they're pretty good!

4 very ripe bananas, smashed
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1-2T melted butter
1/2-2/3 c milk
2tsp vanilla
4 c. oats
cinnamon (I use a lot because I love cinnamon!)
1/2c raisins (or craisins..or other dried fruit)

Mix all together and let stand 10min. Drop by teaspoonful on sprayed cookie sheet and slightly flatten. Cook 12-16min at 350degrees.

The cookie time is very approximate, as I never time anything :)

It looks like it might be my turn to talk to myself :).

1) I just ate 1/4 bag of chocolate chips. No lie. I enjoyed the 12 hrs of having a flattish stomach. Ok, now that that is off my chest...

2) Does anyone know how I might convert this recipe to cook in the stove? I'm in charge of preparing a meal for everyone when we go to the lake next week (10-12ppl), and I won't have a pan big enough to cook on the stovetop. I'm planing on doubling the recipe (or 1 1/2)...

Tex Mex Barley Hotdish
1lb ground turkey
2 chopped onions
3 cloves garlic,
1-16ounce can garbanzo beans, undrained
1-28ounce can diced tomatoes,
1tsp chili powder, 1tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp oregano, black pepper
1 1/2 c uncooked quick cooking barley (hmm..I don't think mine is quick cooking..)
1 c water
2/3 c cheddar cheese.

Transfer browned hamburger to saucepan and add onions, garlic. Cook for 5 min, Add beans, tomatoes (w/juice) and seasonings. Stir in barley and water. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer 20-30min. Top w/cheese.

If I can't convert it properly, maybe I'll go for something else. I don't want to grill because that's what we'll be doing most other nights. I'm not used to cooking for a crowd....especially when I won't be using my kitchen!
thanks!

clearly those flippin' chocolate chips put my brain in a fog. In the barley recipe, I meant to say that I want to convert it from stovetop to OVEN.

So far so good over here. :)

Can't wait to catch up on everyone's post later today.

I weighed myself this AM, I'm up to 124lbs. Lexapro must be working. :D

BBL

A pharmacist I worked with made me a couple of nice shelves for my exercise DVD collection. I've been waiting for DH to put them up....my impatient self put them up this AM. Oh my! I have quite the collection. They look so nice! I will have to take a picture and post for you gals. It feels so good to have them all in one place.

I should try to do a kickboxing DVD or something today since I can't take all four kiddos for a run. We'll see if I can muster up enough motivation for a DVD. I just can't put my finger on it....just haven't been in a DVD exercising mood...all I wanna do is run outside with my double stroller!!

TurboFire! Oh my. That's going to be a nice addition to my collection someday. A good Fall project along with Charlene Xtreme and maybe Insanity. lol

So......am I all alone today? Yew Hew. Anyone out there?

Hey all! Sorry...super busy at work!

Melanie- Can't wait to see pics of the DVD collection! I might try to do a Cathe workout since I am taking it easy from Insanity. Yay for the weight gain!

Lisa- Those cookies sound yum! I can't have stuff like that in the house or I will eat it all. I bought peanut m&ms yesterday because I was stressed and I ate half the bag (a small one) and left the other half at work. But I polished them off today. Not because I was stressed but they sounded good. And they were! :D I think I will start seeing someone else...probably Cathe again. She is my rebound....:p

Christine- Parts of your love story are similiar to mine. We hid it from people at work for about 4-6 months and always just classified ourselves as "friends." One day, a nosy co worker asked abut our relationship and I just said "Yup, we've been dating for 6 months." Then of course, everyone said "Oh well we figured or we knew." PHHHTT! Whatever! :D

Probably won't be on tonight cause in laws are over and then DH works later so....until tomorrow! Have fun and be good ladies!!!

I also met my DH at work. He was the cook and I was one of the waitresses. We dated only 2 weeks before he asked me to marry him. It was a short courtship....but we've outlasted many of our friends who dated for years before tying the knot! Ahhhhhh. One of my "fondest" memories was asking him to help me "carry applesauce" upstairs from the storageroom in the restaurant. Well, let's just say that the storage room got really steamy. :eek: LOL If those walls could talk! :D :D

Wow Mel! That's awesome! Two weeks??!! Just goes to show that you can never put a time frame on love and when its right. Bow chicka wow wow! So to re-create memories, do you guys have an applesauce night once a month?? :p

We worked in a police department and there were cameras everywhere so needless to say, no hanky panky went on that building. :p

When we got married, we lived just two houses away from the restaurant. Our boss did put up cameras....and asked DH to "take his bride home" after work instead of hanging out with her at the bar. :eek: LOL We were just a bunch of kids then. :eek: I wonder how many copies of those videos are floating around the internet. :eek:

Alrighty. The moment is primed. The boys are watching "Up" with a bowl of popcorn. The girls are nestled down, sharing a crib...for a little nap. Now....I will venture downstairs to my fitness room & pick out a DVD to do. Maybe Athletic Step? That's not that long...

Wish me luck!

Athletic Step complete. Perfect timing, the girls woke up screaming during the cool down. It was fun, I'm glad I did it. I'll give the glory to my friend who made my new DVD workout shelves. :D

I called the pediatric hematology dept b/c they never called me. Both girls hemoglobin is 10.2, which is within normal range. They told me to start iron drops as discussed....I'll give the credit to all the iron fortified infant cereal they have been eating. They want me to re-check the levels in one month. See. Just as I knew all along. My girls are perfect. :D

Love the pics, Melanie! The girls are just too cute and always look so happy :) Color me jealous of the workout room. I finally had to buy one of those big CD books for all my workout DVDs. I didn't have enough space in the family room for all the cases LOL Congrats on the weight gain. How are you feeling today?

Jen, yay for DH being a cop! What do you have to do to your tint now, to make it legal? Can you have it removed?

Christine, hope the boys weren't too crabby today. I find those days so draining; my refrain on said days was "I hate my life," but I decided this weekend that this is just not true -- and it's a horrible thing to say. Instead, I have been saying "this too shall pass." ;)

Priscilla, the Bible in one year? That is amazing! Good luck. And huge congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like you and MIL are doing well together -- I'd be ready for mine to go by now. But I'm not very nice hahahaha

Lisa, when will you guys go on vacation? I could easily polish off half a bag of chocolate chips. The problem for me is, I buy the HUGE 72 oz bag of them at Costco! I actually found a HUGE bag of Ghiradelli bittersweet chips at Christmas -- that's what I've been snacking on when the craving hits. And I wonder why my 8 pounds lingers!!

Thanks for sharing all the stories on how you met your DHs. I love to hear how people's love stories began :) Christine, I didn't know your DH was a twin (or did I misunderstand?). Melanie, you said you were young when you met DH -- how long have you guys been together?

I am SOOOOOO annoyed. My left big toe has been buggin me for about 3 weeks. I've never in my life had an ingrown toenail, but I guess that must be the problem (determined this a couple days ago). It hurts to do cardio *insert mad face* I read what I could online about how to treat it at home, so it's soaking while I type. Bah. If it's not feeling better by next week, I guess I'll go to the doctor.

Poor Drew spiked a fever today -- he was just miserable. I didn't panic, thinking it must be teething. Sure enough, I can see the two buds pressing on the gums. I hope they come through soon, so he (and I!) can get some relief. Poor little guy. Ella never complained much when teething -- she's just tough, I guess.

I've been reading Lift Like a Man Look Like A Goddess. Anyone else read this book?

I had all four kids asleep by 830 & feel pretty heroic. lol

Allison, I married when I was 18 & we've been married over 18 years. Sorry about the ingrown nail. I have ingrown toenails...but they are on my pinky toes. I pull them out with my fingers. It hurts like crazy...but it hurts less than the ingrown nail growth. I do this about every 3 months or so.

Did you give Drew tylenol for tooth pain? Madalynn was really fussy last night & I wonder if she's teething. I can't feel anything under the gums though.

Just finished watching Grey's season finale. It was good. :D

You pull them with your fingers?!?! OUCH! I just dug out the offending piece with a sterilized nail file. I really want to cut it (!), but from what I read that's a big no-no. I should just soak it several times a day for a few more days, giving it time to grow out. Sorry you get them so regularly. I had no idea how much they hurt.

Amazing that you and DH have known each other half your lives! My cousin met her DH junior year of high school. No one thought it would last through college, but here they are -- all these years later (21 years, I think) -- very happily married with 2 girls. I also love that your DH proposed after 2 weeks! How long did it take you to finally say yes?

We gave Drew Target-brand Tylenol, but it didn't seem to do much. So we gave him ibuprofen for his next dose. He was doing better by bedtime. I'll check on him before bed, and overnight too. Fevers make me nervous.

Melanie- Those shelves are gorgeous! And so are the girls! They look so happy and loved! I'm happy to hear the hemoglobins are normal! YAY!

Allison- I'm not doing anything to my tint. I guess if I get stopped again I will just throw my DH under the bus like I did and tell them that he got my windows tinted and that he is an officer of the law. DH says most to almost all cops won't write cops wives tickets. Guess I married well! :p Haven't read the book but how is it? What was Drew like when he first started teething? I'm just waitin on James here....gotta be any ol day now.

James is eating solids like a champ now! He actually ate a teething biscuit last night while we ate dinner. He's like his momma, he's does things in his own time and not when everyone wants him too. ;)

I'm thinking of going to get a massage because I think my problem (well, I have many) is trigger points. I found a guy that specializes in myofascial release and sports massage so I am trying to find out if he accepts my insurance. He's really not that expensive but I would rather my FSA take care of it instead of out of pocket. We just don't have the funds right now because of all the stuff going on with my paycheck at work. And poor DH is working security details so we don't get behind. Such is life.....

Not so busy at work today so I will check in more later!

chatty! i missed a lot yesterday! the girls are all back! bbl with personals, typing one hnded, dh is also home sick (grrrr), and john has been up since 4am.

Survived night two without DH. He really does alot during nighttime feedings. It was a bit rough last night. Madalynn nursed 4 times & Myranda nursed 2-3 times. Maddie has been an eating machine...and a bit fussier too! DH says he'll be home around 2pm, but he is notoroius for being late, so I expect him around 6-7 tonight...

Allison, we married within a month of our courtship.

It's gloomy outside again today. I'm starting to think that this is what Seattle living would be like. :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.