Severe Weather

Dirtdiva:

I have been to Whistler for cross country skiing and thought that was the coldest day of my life, but once we got moving I couldn't remove those layers fast enough, blimey. I have been up to 5800 metres in Ecuador and the wind was pretty fierce up there, camped on snow at 4000 m and above all over the Pyrenees and Rockies, but I 'aint dashin' nowhere barefoot in this MI winter!

Last two days I have gone out late at night, I'm a night time person, I come alive at 10 pm, and I go to Starbucks and sit by the fire with my book and a latte and it is bliss. (The only upside to this weather I can find) And I watch people coming in and I'm astonished how under-dressed they are: a blazer and converse sneakers, or a sweatshirt and sneakers in 15" of snow and frigid temps!!! My DH said to me, dress as if you might have to walk home if your car breaks down: yup, that multi-layered yeti stomping along in dwntown Ann Arbor past midnight, that's me!

I will think of you doing the bird bath dash tomorrow bright and early to collect the post. Nice image of sheer lunacy! (in the nicest possible way)

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.