Sept Rotation: Butts & Guts

Thanks so much Cathe for the substituion recommendations for your Sept. rotation. I want to frame my personal reply. :)

I'm (through my drugs Enbrel and methotrexate) in remission from psoriatic arthritis which I suddenly acquired at age 39. I was a flight attendant and I couldn't walk to the airplane. My feet were affected the most at first. I know what it is like to be incapacitated. I had to crawl on my hands and knees in the morning to get to the bathroom. To make a long story short I knew I had to get fit and manage my arthrits. After some set backs along the way I'm proud to say I'm a mom to a great 8 year old boy and at age 52 I'm doing Cathe!

I started with the Firm years ago and last year felt ready for a new level of working out and through the Firm Ya Ya's and other fitness on line support groups heard of your workouts. I was a bit intimidated feeling that someone my age couldn't possibly do "Cathe" but I took the plunge last fall with my first series.

I gave myself permission to have a learning curve and to deal with any frustration at feeling inadaquate on the step routines. I also told myself that learning new things helps keep the brain fit.

I love how strong and flexible I have become and my cardio has never been better.

I appreciate all that you do. Having a family, teaching and running a business. God Bless you.:7 Colleen

I don't have some of the w/o's for the Sept rotation, so after doing a little research on the work out descriptions, I've made the following substitutions ....

Week One
Step Works - subing Step Jam
Leaner Legs - subing GS Legs
CTX - Step and intervals - subing All Step, step portion only and GS Chest

Week Two
Muscle Max - subing Muscle Endurance

Week Three
Total Body Stretching - StretchMax segment
SJP - I have put together my own SJP w/o using portions of the TimeSaver DVD.
PS: Legs and Abs - GS Legs plus Abs Hit #11

Haven't decided on what to sub for the new low impact step premix yet.

Week Four

Low Impact Step - LowMax step portion premix only
Total Body Stretching - StretchMax

ETA -- I just read another thread on this forum and Venus has a great idea for the new low impact step premix, I'll be using that.

Thanks again, Cathe!

You know, several years ago, when I had just started your workouts (I was "converted from the Firm, hence my "Cathe-Convert" name) I would've passed out at your quote, "This is not a heavy weight rotation." However, after several years with you, I have a whole new definition of what "heavy weight" means. Thanks for taking me to a whole new level of fitness. I love your workouts! Thanks!

Cathe, this rotation is awesome. I have finish the first two weeks and I am seeing some nice definition in my legs already. It's my first time following one of your rotations.

Cathe, I just wanted you to know that when I did IMAX3 today, I finished all of the plie jacks. This is the first time I've done this and I know I owe it to the September rotation. It has really added strength and endurance in my legs. I can also see a lot more definition. This is the first time I've followed a rotation, and I have to say I'll be following a lot more!! You obviously know a lot more than I do about putting these workouts together in a syngeristic fashion. Thanks for producing workouts that produce results!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.