Sept Rotation: Butts & Guts

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone: This rotation will focus on burning fat and calories while putting special emphasis on shaping and conditioning the "butt and gut" muscles.

WEEK ONE:

Monday: Step Works
Tues: Body Max
Wed: Leaner Legs
Thurs: CTX: Step and Intervals Plus Coremax Segment One
Fri: 40 minute run plus Core Max Segment 2
Sat: Imax One
Sun: Off

WEEK TWO:

Mon: Kick Max
Tues: Legs and Glutes Plus Core Max segment 3
Wed: 30 minute run and 200 walking lunges and 10 minutes of AB Hits
Thurs: Kick Punch and Crunch
Fri: Pyramid Lower Body Plus Abs from Step Heat
Sat: Muscle Max
Sun: Off

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Imax 3

Tues: 40 minute Power Walk /200 walking lunges/ and Stretch Segment One from New DVD Total Body Stretching

Wed: Step Jump and Pump

Thurs: Low Max and Core Max seg one

Fri: PS: Legs and Abs

Sat: New DVD Low Impact Step Premix "Lower Body Cardio Blast" (preview DVD 1st so that you know the material) Then abs from KPC.

Sun: Stretch segment two from New DVD Total Body Stretching

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Imax 2 plus 10 minutes Ab Hits

Tues: Hard Core Legs

Wed: Muscle Endurance

Thurs: Rhythmic Step plus 15 minutes Ab Hits

Fri: New Low Impact Step plus a 30 minute run

Sat: 20 minute power walk, Kick Max Blasts and KM leg conditioning drills, and segment 3 of Coremax

Sun: Segment 3 of the New Total Body Stretching DVD

Enjoy!

I'm in on this one also. I had already decided this morning that was going to try to burn some fat this month and focus on my gut. And, of course, my butt can always use some work.

BUTT and GUT just what I really need to work.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Count me in !!!

Any suggestions for substituting for KP&C and Legs & Glutes, which I don't have??

I want to start tomorrow, so what do most of you do ? Start at the beginning (Monday?), or skip most of the first week and begin on Friday??

I am anxious to get started!!!

I don't usually do the rotations but this one is right up my alley. Butt and gut is what I am working on. This one is tailor made for me.

Thanks Cathe.

Cathe ~

Thank you for this rotation...just what I need to work on!

Hope you and your family have a nice Labor Day weekend. Take care.

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

I have a question. I notice that in week 2 that Pyramid lower body is put back to back with Muscle Max. I know that muscles need 48 hours to recover between heavy weight work, so why is this OK?

RE: sub for some DVD's in Sept Rotation

I don't have the following.. Step Works, Body Max, CTX and Rhythmic Step.
I have all of the rest of the workouts for Cathe's Sept. rotation. The new ones arrived yesterday. I'm going to love having a short stretch tape.
What do you all recommend to replace the above? I have Intensity Series, Blast Series, Hard Core Series and Basic Step & Body Fusion.

Colleen

RE: sub for some DVD's in Sept Rotation

Hi Colleen!

Here are my suggestions:

Replace Step Works with......Body Fusion plus the step portion of Step Jump & Pump (skip the SPJ warm up)

Replace Body Max with....Hardcore Extreme workout #3

Replace CTX Step Interval with.....The new Low Impact Step premix #3

Replace Rhythmic Step with.....Step Blast

Hi Cathe-Convert! This is not a heavy weight rotation. This rotation focuses more on repetitive lower body conditioning and endurance. The high cardio and high repetition will keep your muscles from gaining an abundance of size or strength and rather condition and tone them quite well. But if at any time you feel too fatigued to do a workout the following day, either make it an off day or train muscles that aren't feeling overly fatigued on that day. For example, you can switch Muscle Max to Sunday and make Saturday your off day. Take Care!

LOL. Cathe did you happen to see my picture trail when you put this rotation together? Just kidding. I have been doing ME 2 times a week as that is the only w/o I have of yours. I have bumped my leg press #age from 10 to 15. :) I really like using the plates now instead of the dumbells in ANY w/o I do.

Thanks, Cathe. Your reply was helpful! (And I feel honored to have received a direct reply. As you can see, I'm new to this forum. But not new to Cathe!)

I'm a "rule follower" and so I've always been really strict about not working muscle groups back to back, since I've heard you're not supposed to. So, I would always follow one of Cathe's leg videos with an upper body workout or straight cardio the next day.

What I think I'm hearing now is that it's OK to work the same muscle group with weights on back to back days as long as it's not heavy weight. Is that right?

Hi Again Cathe Convert! It is a great rule and you cannot go wrong by following it. If you are more comfortable training with a day between, I would make Saturday your off day and do Muscle Max on Sunday.

Generally speaking when training for maximum strength gains, definitely put a day or two (or three days) between workouts for the same muscle group (ie: work legs hard and heavy Monday and then not again until Wednesday, better yet Thursday...or if you are going super heavy you can even put a whole week in between leg workouts).

Muscular endurance and conditioning workouts generally do not require this kind of recovery, however, the main thing is that you have to listen to your body. Something that works for me....when I have "extreme" muscle soreness in a muscle group, I leave it alone for a couple of days and let it repair (and do some light stretching after a day or so too). If I have "moderate" muscle soreness I may do a cardio the next day to help loosen things up a bit. If I have "mild" muscle soreness, I may choose to use the muscle group again. If now after doing that second workout on it, my soreness has escalated to moderate or very sore, I take the next day off or do a mild cardio.....you see, its all about listening to your body and training accordingly.

No rotation will ever be a perfect match for all doing it. Feel free to tweak it and make necessary changes to meet your needs! Have fun :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.