Seasun Zieger has passed away

bayerngirl

Cathlete
I saw on Facebook Seasun's has passed :( No indication of what happened. I am so shocked :) I love her step workouts.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this difficult times.

This is so very sad. I am in shock too. Her personality was so full of sunshine - it really came out in her step videos. May her and her family find peace.

I haven't found/read anything on the web. Can you pm me the article. I am still shocked :(
Just did a little investigating...the website for her Sol spa is unavailable, and DUI in July...
Hi
I am very disappointed for your post about a dui and lack of compassion for Seasun and the family and friends suffering with the death of a amazing fitness professional ,mother , friend etc. Shame on you.

Hi
I am very disappointed for your post about a dui and lack of compassion for Seasun and the family and friends suffering with the death of a amazing fitness professional ,mother , friend etc. Shame on you.

Your disappointment is misplaced, I too respect and appreciate the Family's right to grieve, moreover Season as a woman and fitness instructor. My question came from disbelief and not pettiness, you do not know me and are yet quick to judge. For you to assume the worst of me is your issue. I do not wish to continue this petty dialog out of respect for this amazing woman and fitness instructor. Shame on you.

I haven't found/read anything on the web. Can you pm me the article. I am still shocked :(

Here is what I found:

DUI >> Seasun Zieger, 40, of Meadowbrook Drive, Huntingdon Valley, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:20 a.m. May 17 at Jericho Road, police said. A patrolling officer observed a parked vehicle with the ignition and lights turned on and noticed the driver was either asleep or unconscious in her vehicle, police said. After waking the driver, identified as Zieger, the officer observed her to have bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol, police said. Zieger failed several field sobriety tests and a breathalyzer test and was transported to Holy Redeemer Hospital for a blood test, to which she consented, police said. Zieger’s blood alcohol content was found to be 0.179 percent, double the legal limit, police said.

This was from an article published in July of 2015 so I'm guessing this happened in May of 2015. Could be completely unrelated to her recent passing.

Holy smokes, I don't think i want to know about this poor woman's private issues such as this DUI - none of anyone's business - sorry to sound impolite but if I was a family member I'd be mortified that anyone was digging into history such as this. Just my opinion...

JMO - but I don't really believe a DUI is a private issue. Anyone, no matter how wonderful they are, who gets a DUI has put my life and the lives of those I love at risk.

Committing suicide should not be "swept under the rug" out of family shame. It needs to be spoken about openly, not just to attempt prevention and awareness in the future but to try to alleviate guilt that family members may feel responsible. Depression is a real condition and the more we understand and are aware of the warning signs the better we will be educated on steps we can take.

She was young relatively speaking and a fitness personality. I've never heard of her before the videofitness thread. But when someone young dies we want to know first we think car accident, cancer but with her public lifestyle suicide is just not on our radar.

So people are curious what happen in her life that would lead someone that appears to have it together choose suicide.

There will be speculation relationship issues or business things lead them to depression.

The depressed person feels like the world would be better off without them.

What you and all other need to do is educated yourself so you will recognized signs in someone you LOVE.

The DUI would of been a redflag to her family. She was self destructive at that point. Many depressed people turn to drugs and alcohol to numb the feeling.

I feel for the family but talking about the signs (DUI) of something in trouble shouldn't be "to sensitive" or intrusive"

You need along with her family see it as a call-for-help.

I'm not a mental health professional but have working in the ER for to many years. I've seen all types of attempted suicide. I've heard so many family members feel the guilt. They will say stuff like they seemed off, or I thought it would just go away or they would never go through with it

The person ultimately that is depressed and chose suicide is mentally sick and as a society we can educated ourselves and try to intervene before the depression takes over.

I do feel for this family. I can't imagine the heart break.

I've dealt with a suicidal family member. I'm was lucky to have been trained and notice signs in time to get help. I'm still scared for them even after 6 year.

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/depression-signs-and-symptoms.htm

She was young relatively speaking and a fitness personality. I've never heard of her before the videofitness thread. But when someone young dies we want to know first we think car accident, cancer but with her public lifestyle suicide is just not on our radar.

So people are curious what happen in her life that would lead someone that appears to have it together choose suicide.

I had not heard of her till I read this thread. Being a fitness personality put her on the public eye!
It is common people wonder what happened! With google, one would get information whether the familly like it
or not --- JMO:):) It takes seconds on the internet!:);)

May her soul rest in peace!

Thank you for your post Cafelatte, and for explaining the connection between DUI and depression - I couldn't understand in earlier comments in this thread why anyone would post such information. Makes sense now. Just a different vibe when I read the thread over on videofitnessforum where most are choosing not to delve into the specifics of Seasun's past but providing a platform to openly discuss their own experiences and provide support to each other. So sad, her poor family :(. I have a friend who tried to commit suicide three times and thank goodness now has a supportive husband and seems to have found the right medication combination and psychiatrist. We also had a physician at work who committed suicide and never did I ever in a million years think he would be someone who struggled with depression. He had such a sense of humor, we would all have a good laugh while working in clinic together and one day he was gone. I could not imagine being in such a dark hole that suicide was the only answer, so tragic.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.